Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:26:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quite new to bitcoin; need help?  (Read 676 times)
stefanvh (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:14:21 PM

Hi fellow Bitcoiners!

Last Friday I signed up to a Blockchain account to start earning some bitcoin, and I also downloaded the "Bitcoin-Qt" (I am on a Mac). I do not know how to sync my Bitcoin-Qt with my Blockchain account, in order to be able to mine bitcoin.

How do I manage the syncing, so that I do not have to go back and forth?

Thanks.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:45:03 PM

don't try yo mine bitcoin, it is useless, you won't get anything
and download other wallet without sincyng like multibit or electrum
Trouble821

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:55:30 PM

If you try mining bitcoin using a normal computer it will eventually break the computer due to it constantly  running at 100% CPU. A normal computer is not powerful enough to mine you any bitcoins but will cost you loads of money in wasted electric.

Install the multibit or electrum wallet instead. Check these links out to get information about them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=99.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:14:52 AM

You don't sync Bitcoin Core with blockchain.info. If you want to mine Bitcoin with a pool, find a pool that you like and just have the Bitcoin you earn from mining to be sent to whatever Bitcoin address you like. However, if you are using your computer to mine, you won't make anything off of mining Bitcoin. You need to get an ASIC in order to get any sort of reward from Bitcoin mining.

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:20:54 AM

Go to coinwarz.com to do an estimate of how many gains a month you would have given your khash and electricity cost. I can guarantee you it is not worth it unless you have an a couple of antminers ready to rock 24/7.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:21:39 AM

If you are solo mining, you need to keep Bitcoin Core and wait for it to completely sync before you can begin mining.
ayesha201006

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:25:59 AM

If you want to mine you should think about investing in some real hardware, but it your electricity costs more than 5c/kwh, then the earnings are going to be small.  Just fyi there is a whole sub forum for beginners and help.  Lots of good stuff in there!
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:30:36 AM

You don't want to solo mine, join a pool instead.  Also you might want to think about cloud mining.  I guess it all depends on your budget:  If you have a ton of cash and cheap electricity then you might be able to do very well at mining.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:39:49 AM

You don't want to solo mine, join a pool instead.  Also you might want to think about cloud mining.  I guess it all depends on your budget:  If you have a ton of cash and cheap electricity then you might be able to do very well at mining.
I would not recommend that you try cloud mining. A lot of cloud miners are scams (ponzis) and may just run away with your money. If you do think about cloud mining, do a lot of research into the business.
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:48:05 AM

I would not recommend that you try cloud mining. A lot of cloud miners are scams (ponzis) and may just run away with your money. If you do think about cloud mining, do a lot of research into the business.

Actually yeah, thanks for reminding me of that.  There are legit cloud miners out there, I like hashnest.  But if it seems too good to be true then it most likely is.  You can check here, not just for cloud mining but for other bitcoin related sites as well.  If it isn't on this list that doesn't mean that it is safe, as lemipawa said you should do your homework before putting your money into any investment, be it cloud mining or other.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 01:00:39 AM

I suggest downloading Bitcoin XT here and giving up the mining idea (unprofitable). Best of luck!

https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt/releases/tag/0.10.1

If you want to make some money, you might try earning BTC in exchange for a product or service.
meganburke

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 05:23:43 AM

bitcoin mining is worthless
Jakez
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:40:26 AM

Now its worthless to mine bitcoin with almost high end hardware even.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: