Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My bitcointalk account is hacked, Please help!!!!  (Read 5591 times)
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

ohh...too funny..
probably this guy canknow something about hacked accounts..
moron these urdu language..cant understand anything..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086187.0

I translated it using Google and it looks like he is selling stolen forum accounts information for BTC.
Reported to mods. Thanks.

Here's the translation:
They give me emmense happiness taht has got on this forum is not security, btw i dont have any gurdge hack this forum, but I need a few coins and tested on this device simple forum by injection .. I tried to hack rider site PTP, and managed successfully 500+ $ I see this forum for Bitcoin, there are fewer people who want Bitcoin here, so I'm doing tricks on your forum, I found the forefront of 500+ user names and passwords, and I do not want any accounts only sale .. link from satoshibox contain buy cars with full outline of the data base table and with 20 accounts of all 100+ category..somewhere such activity, I do not know to deal with activity but most of them made in 2014 accounts. Thanks .. snapshot of one part of the database schema ...

wtf?

Is this guy serious about hacking the forum at will?.......or is he simply in hold of passwords (successfully hacked) from the recent database theft?

Hunkey, you owe us a better explanation of how your account was hacked. Did you give this guy remote access or what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hunkey92 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:58:30 AM

ohh...too funny..

I translated it using Google and it looks like he is selling stolen forum accounts information for BTC.

Here's the translation:
They give me emmense happiness taht has got on this forum is not security, btw i dont have any gurdge hack this forum, but I need a few coins and tested on this device simple forum by injection .. I tried to hack rider site PTP, and managed successfully 500+ $ I see this forum for Bitcoin, there are fewer people who want Bitcoin here, so I'm doing tricks on your forum, I found the forefront of 500+ user names and passwords, and I do not want any accounts only sale .. link from satoshibox contain buy cars with full outline of the data base table and with 20 accounts of all 100+ category..somewhere such activity, I do not know to deal with activity but most of them made in 2014 accounts. Thanks .. snapshot of one part of the database schema ...

wtf?

Is this guy serious about hacking the forum at will?.......or is he simply in hold of passwords (successfully hacked) from the recent database theft?

Hunkey, you owe us a better explanation of how your account was hacked. Did you give this guy remote access or what?

No man i didn't gave this guy any remote access i already pasted skype chat i had with him, he initially asked me if was selling bitcoins, then after some time i said no, i never advertised that i am selling bitcoins. I asked him how did he found my skype id , he said from boitcointalk or hackforms. When i said no he started abusing me and when i asked him to to leave. He created some abusive files on my desktop (donno how he did that but there were 8-10 files were on my desktop, you can also check chat he said that he has created those files). After that i am not able to login bitcointalk and someone was spamming from my account, even i had a warning from google mail with suspicious activity and asked me to reset my password. Even my C drive/internet explorer is also showing some error.

No i am formatting my windows and i will be having new windows now. Please let me know if you guys need any further information. Maybe this is some injection he applied to my system i really don't know what mistake i did.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:59:02 PM

Sounds like your computer has been compromised. The hacker likely compromsied your PC via malware or an exploit, I think he must've then contacted you in skype and asked to buy bitcoins so that you would open your wallet and you might enter your password etc. You need to reinstall your OS, keep it updated and be more careful in the future. Also change all of your passwords and never use those passwords again.

hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:04:08 PM

Sounds like your computer has been compromised. The hacker likely compromsied your PC via malware or an exploit, I think he must've then contacted you in skype and asked to buy bitcoins so that you would open your wallet and you might enter your password etc. You need to reinstall your OS, keep it updated and be more careful in the future. Also change all of your passwords and never use those passwords again.

Yes i agree with you, i will be doing the same.
syuhide

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:13:34 PM

ohh...too funny..

Here's the translation:

wtf?

that guy pmed me on skype,  saying something in othere muslim languages..cant read,only one thing i could read was racerptp hacked, targget here btc.......like so many broken english words.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:58:11 AM

Hi Admin/Mods,

Can you guys please help its been two days, plz help recover my orignal account (hunkey600). Thanks
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:42:05 AM

Hi Admin/Mod,

Can you please atleast give me some updates some much time it could talk, this feels like i am fool here messaging and you don't bother to take any action.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:44:25 AM

Hi Admin/Mod,

Can you please atleast give me some updates some much time it could talk, this feels like i am fool here messaging and you don't bother to take any action.

You might be waiting awhile. Look around the meta section, you'll see others have waited months and still haven't gotten their account returned. Don't get your hopes up, move on, secure your new account a little better this time.
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:56:47 AM

Hi Admin/Mod,

You might be waiting awhile. Look around the meta section, you'll see others have waited months and still haven't gotten their account returned. Don't get your hopes up, move on, secure your new account a little better this time.

But what is there problem? I mean when i have proven that it is my account. Also then why admin has created a separate thread that "send me a PM with signed message if your account is hacked or lost" if they don't want to help anyone.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:05:19 AM

Hi Admin/Mod,

But what is there problem? I mean when i have proven that it is my account. Also then why admin has created a separate thread that "send me a PM with signed message if your account is hacked or lost" if they don't want to help anyone.
There is always the possibility that you sold the account and then are trying to recover it after receiving an agreed upon payment. It takes a good amount of effort to determine if this is the case or not. It is also often the case that this exactly is happening and would not be appropriate to recover the account to the prior owner.

There is also the possibility of malware on the owners computer which could result in the hacker being able to sign a message from an old address but not have access to the password to the account. 
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:28:27 AM

Hi Admin/Mod,

I know it might sound wrong, but I'm pretty sure they only recover higher ranked accounts that could do some serious damage if left with the hacker or if they strongly believe the account wasn't sold and was indeed hacked.  I believe it was Vod who was able to get his back pretty quick while others continue to wait.
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:30:53 AM

Hi Admin/Mod,

There is always the possibility that you sold the account and then are trying to recover it after receiving an agreed upon payment. It takes a good amount of effort to determine if this is the case or not. It is also often the case that this exactly is happening and would not be appropriate to recover the account to the prior owner.

There is also the possibility of malware on the owners computer which could result in the hacker being able to sign a message from an old address but not have access to the password to the account.  

I don't think this account is meant to be sold since it was banned for spamming so if hacker wanted to sell this he would never spam and get negative trust, no one will buy negative trust account.

Secondly i am owner and my only bitcointalk account is compromised since this does not have 2FA or better security, so i have reinstalled my OS and changed all my passwords and i am in possession of all my wallets/accounts.

Last, how could anyone send the signed message if they don't have access to wallet, i mean i have proved my signed message.

I mean what else do they need to prove that this is my account. Admin/Mod never come and reply here. If they have any doubt they should check/ask me. But they keep on ignoring.
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:38:34 AM

Such a  bad support, i think they should delete there thread where they say they will recover hacked/lost account.
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:01:02 PM

Can anyone tell me why they are not looking into my request or they don't want to or any other reason or this is what admin usually does he does not give a shit about users and busy making money.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:39:03 PM

Can anyone tell me why they are not looking into my request or they don't want to or any other reason or this is what admin usually does he does not give a shit about users and busy making money.

Normally they do recover the account if you have proven the ownership by signing a message. It might just that theymos might be busy with somehting esle, especially when there have been forum hacks and several accounts are vulnerable and possibly hacked.

Take a look at this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

If you use any sort of Google email service, then the password recovery email will go to your spam folder.

If you want me to recover a hacked/lost account, you need to prove that you own it. Typically, the only acceptable method of proving ownership is by signing a message (including current date and desired new email address) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account. A Bitcoin address or PGP key is associated with the account only if the account posted the key/address, sent it in a PM, or if it is still listed in the account's profile.

I very rarely recover accounts if you can't prove ownership as described above. There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. If I point you to this thread, you can't prove ownership properly, and then I ignore your future PMs, this means that I'm not going to recover your account. Create a new one.

When sending me a PM, use a template like this:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

All required info must be in one PM.

Do not create your temporary account using the same email address you want for the hacked/lost account. No two accounts can have the same email address.

I know you have already signed a message. You might want to draft a PM EXACTLY as described above and send it to theymos just to be double-sure. Make sure to notice the bold part. You cannot recover the account using same email address.
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:48:27 AM

My accounts password has been reset as per the admin password reset thread,

June 09, 2015, 08:27:12 PM - hunkey600 - password changed

https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

Admin/Mod plz take some action and help me.
hunkey92 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:29:05 AM

Inspite of repeated reminder, nothing is happening. They will not look into this?
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:20:53 AM

Inspite of repeated reminder, nothing is happening. They will not look into this?

They don't always recover accounts. It can be difficult to figure out if the account has been sold or not and in the past theymos has been tricked into giving an account to the wrong person, so admins seem to only recover accounts when it is an extremely straight forward case. If you aren't getting much help you are best off creating a new account.

groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:23:29 AM

Can someone help this guy. Its painful to sit and watch. Surely its not hard to fix now he has proven his case?
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:03:13 PM

Can someone help this guy. Its painful to sit and watch. Surely its not hard to fix now he has proven his case?

Exactly. He has even signed a message from an address evidently belonging to him. This is very straight forward case. Just give him the account already!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: