Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:36:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooler Wallets  (Read 726 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:20:43 AM

I want a wallet I can program to do things. Can't we have a function to automate payments?

Maybe Grandma Bitcorn wants to send some bits to her Grandson Derp every year on his birthday. But how will she remember to do it every year?

What if I want to send my corns to a dead address if I don't check in every few weeks. So the man can't get at 'em. IDK

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:24:10 AM

If you have coding skills, you could make this yourself. Alternatively, you can create scripts that connect to bitcoind and do the transactions for you. These scripts can be started through a task scheduler.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:32:47 AM

I want a wallet I can program to do things. Can't we have a function to automate payments?

Maybe Grandma Bitcorn wants to send some bits to her Grandson Derp every year on his birthday. But how will she remember to do it every year?

What if I want to send my corns to a dead address if I don't check in every few weeks. So the man can't get at 'em. IDK

As far as i know there is no bitcoin wallet that has this functionality at present. You could create a shell script to do that with bitcoinj or one of the other bitcoin libraries. It's not that difficult to setup.  If that sounds like too much work you could create a plugin for one of the bitcoin wallets. What did you mean by a dead address?

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
hZti

Activity: 966
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:17:06 AM

I think most of the casual users can't do that and indeed every bank account can sent money every xxx days, so could be interesting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: