Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:28:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing GPU on PC.  (Read 465 times)
Mirdude (OP)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:06:27 PM

Ordering this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R3NK2LE for my current PC.

Just need to know if it's possible to change this on an Advent DT2111 PC.
It currently has an AMD HD6670 GPU.

Just want to know if the PCIE connections etc are fine, I live in the UK but the GPU is from the US, is that fine too?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

http://www.reevoo.com/p/advent-dt2111
Is this your PC? This is why you should never buy built computers as this one. They do not specify the motherboard model nor the PSU. You should open up your case and check how much W it has.
For this GPU it is recommended that you have 500W minimum power.
Are you sure that it will fit in your case? This GPU is really monstrous length-wise. I don't think that it will.

It doesn't matter where the GPU is from. There are no differences, as most GPUs today use PCI Express.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mirdude (OP)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:21:24 AM

http://www.reevoo.com/p/advent-dt2111
Is this your PC? This is why you should never buy built computers as this one. They do not specify the motherboard model nor the PSU. You should open up your case and check how much W it has.
For this GPU it is recommended that you have 500W minimum power.
Are you sure that it will fit in your case? This GPU is really monstrous length-wise. I don't think that it will.

It doesn't matter where the GPU is from. There are no differences, as most GPUs today use PCI Express.

Sorry for a late reply, yes it is. Why do I get PCIE's from nowadays, I just need a 500W+ PSU with i5 processor+ that I can fit a GTX 970 into fine, know anyone where from Amazon where I should custom builds from?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 08:46:40 AM

-snip-
Sorry for a late reply, yes it is. Why do I get PCIE's from nowadays, I just need a 500W+ PSU with i5 processor+ that I can fit a GTX 970 into fine, know anyone where from Amazon where I should custom builds from?
It looks like you didn't understand what I was trying to tell you. It doesn't matter if you buy the GPU from the US, Germany, Japan, etc. they all use PCI-E. Also there is no required processor for this, you could run it on i3 or even cheaper, however they would cause a bottleneck to your system.

So you won't be assembling your own PC?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
SuliseNDDream

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:06:07 PM

Hi, I have a VGA card but it's very big and can't replace to my CPU. so what should I do?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 12:41:19 PM

Hi, I have a VGA card but it's very big and can't replace to my CPU. so what should I do?
I don't understand this. You have a big card and you can't replace it or ?
Why do you want to replace it, is it broken, do you want to upgrade?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: