Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 1st / 2nd Gen ASICS in bulk  (Read 379 times)
Witrebel (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:20:44 AM

I am investigating the viability of starting a mining operation centered around an extremely low price point for power and storage space and very low cost of entry (read "I don't have endless start up capital here)  I understand that most likely the best results will come from buying top of the line miners and overclocking to get the highest hash rate per dollar spent.  Plan A would be waiting out the GekkoScience TypeZero hitting the market and building that system into/around my own infrastructure.  Plan B is buying a bunch of outdated hardware at a discounted rate and trying to leverage that and my cheap power to ROI.

I think at a minimum this would require acquiring something in the realm of $10,000 USD worth of hashing power,  but depending on opportunity $50,000-$100,000 might be more realistic.

I am looking for people with existing inventories of ASIC's that are currently offline due to poor efficiency.

To be up front, this is an attempt at gauging what hardware is out there in the wild that people are willing to sell at a discount.  If a deal was found for which the math made sense, I would probably be ready to pull the trigger by the end of this year, but certainly no sooner than the end of August.

aceoyame

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:22:34 AM

Not really bulk at that level per-say but I do have 11x Fury Scrypt miners I need to get rid of pretty badly.
Witrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:54:04 AM

Not really bulk at that level per-say but I do have 11x Fury Scrypt miners I need to get rid of pretty badly.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that unless it is a SERIOUSLY sweet deal I am only interested in SHA256 mining. 
aceoyame

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:11:23 AM

Sorry, I should have mentioned that unless it is a SERIOUSLY sweet deal I am only interested in SHA256 mining. 

How sweet is seriously sweet to you? I'd be willing to part with them for 150 + shipping. I typically see people asking for 20-30 a piece for these on Reddit
Witrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:13:28 AM

How sweet is seriously sweet to you? I'd be willing to part with them for 150 + shipping. I typically see people asking for 20-30 a piece for these on Reddit

Sweet as in a GH scale buy.  I would only want to piece together smaller lots if it was SHA256, ROI on Scrypt just doesn't appeal to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: