Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Police In Texas Shut-Down Illegal Lemonade Stand  (Read 4785 times)
Trifixion713 (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:51:20 AM

Police in Overton, Texas put the brakes on an illegal lemonade stand run by two little miscreants...sure is good to see my tax dollars at work and I'll sleep better tonight knowing the streets of Overton are safer now. What a crock...

Police in Texas shut down a lemonade stand run by two little girls. They said it was illegal.

Andria and Zoey Green told ABC affiliate KLTV they were trying to raise about $100 for a Father's Day present. They wanted to take him to Splash Kingdom.

They had been selling lemonade and kettle corn for an hour - and made about $25 - when officers showed up and told them they need a $150 permit to sell their lemonade.

Texas House Bill 970, or the Texas Baker's Bill, does not allow the sale of food that needs time or temperature control to prevent it from spoiling. Since lemonade needs to be refrigerated to prevent bacteria growth, police said they needed an inspection from the health department and a permit to sell it.

"It is a lemonade stand, but they also have a permit that they are required to get," Overton Police Chief Clyde Carter said.

"I think that's ridiculous. I think they're 7 and 8, and they're just trying to make money for their own cause," said Sandi Evans, the girls' mother.

Ridiculous or not, Overton police said it's the law and they'll keep enforcing it.

"We have to follow by the state health guidelines," said Carter. "They have to have a permit if they're going to do the lemonade stands."

The sisters plan to try again this weekend. Instead of selling their lemonade, they'll give it away for free and accept donations.

http://abc13.com/news/police-shut-down-girls-lemonade-stand/776322/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:34:37 AM

Just another incident to prove how brave and courageous these police officers are in the United States.  Grin But still, In this case I believe that the police officers were merely following the orders which they received from their superiors. In my honest opinion, the state of Texas does not need $150 in license fee from these two little girls, to make the ends meet. Tax the adults as much as you want, but please leave the children alone.

X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:43:19 AM

The people of Texas will rest easier tonight

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:28:39 AM

The officer(s) involved should be embarrassed but they can sleep easy at night since this didn't involve actual harm besides the fine. However, the community should back these young gals and offer to patronize them in their back yard or some such thing. I can't recommend these young gals going full civil disobedience as they aren't old enough to know better nor take the risk to right this wrong on behalf of the state.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:06:35 AM

Either something very similar has happened or it's been posted before, wasn't this in washington? I would have thought that the police would want to avoid such a gigantic fuck up in their PR image.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:46:15 AM

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. But I'm sure Texas or US is not the only place where this kind of situation happens, is sad that some people, in stead of using their brain and common sense are blindly following orders.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:51:50 AM

Either something very similar has happened or it's been posted before, wasn't this in washington? I would have thought that the police would want to avoid such a gigantic fuck up in their PR image.

Oh trust me. The United States cops hardly care about their PR ratings, unlike their peers in Europe and Australia. Most of them are extremely arrogant, rude, and corrupt. And incidents such as this one have been happening in the US for ages. Most of the times, the mainstream media refuses to cover them. Check these:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/03/the-inexplicable-war-on-lemonade-stands/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-23/bunbury-girls-lemonade-stand-closed-by-council/5985992
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:01:09 PM

MERICA FUCK YA
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:52:08 PM

LOL, are they used electro-shokers on them?

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:30:20 PM

they are lucky they didn't get tasered or shot, pigs do that to children, elderly and disabled people all the time  Angry

simple google search will reveal millions of hits, example:

http://countercurrentnews.com/PRIVOXY-FORCE/2014/12/native-american-police-over-reacting/

Police Say Tasering 8-Year-Old Native American Girl Was Justified

An the other hand, this was an excellent lesson: many adults still believe that police and government are good things. A bit of real life experience with government henchmen early on can help to fix this.  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
cryptocoiner

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 09:34:15 PM

they are lucky they didn't get tasered or shot, pigs do that to children, elderly and disabled people all the time  Angry

http://countercurrentnews.com/PRIVOXY-FORCE/2014/12/native-american-police-over-reacting/

An the other hand, this was an excellent lesson: many adults still believe that police and government are good things. A bit of real life experience with government henchmen early on can help to fix this.  Grin

There are a lot of guns in private ownership in America. I wonder why cops not getting shot all the time because of their brutality.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:42:26 PM

There are a lot of guns in private ownership in America. I wonder why cops not getting shot all the time because of their brutality.

Because most people have too much to lose

And like the frog put into hot water, they don't recognize how freedom is eliminated every day. You see, if a dictator would try to take over from the outside, there would be rebellion and people would risk their lives fighting the police state. But when the government turns into a dictatorship little by little, and people are  getting used to this, and have too much to lose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to threats that occur gradually, such as creeping state surveillance.[1]

Truth is the new hatespeech.
cryptocoiner

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 09:47:53 PM

Because most people have too much to lose

And like the frog put into hot water, they don't recognize how freedom is eliminated every day. You see, if a dictator would try to take over from the outside, there would be rebellion and people would risk their lives fighting the police state. But when the government turns into a dictatorship little by little, and people are  getting used to this, and have too much to lose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to threats that occur gradually, such as creeping state surveillance.[1]

Because most people have too much to lose? Well, I wouldn't say it's true. There are a lot of ppl who have just debts in America. I think eventually if the economical situation will be getting worse, we well see a massacre on american streets.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 04:15:27 AM

Was Vod just hired as a cop in Texas?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:59:03 AM

Perhaps it is time to forget the "war on drugs" and the "war on the ISIS". The new priority for the cops is the "war on lemonade stands". Just imagine the logic in saying that the kids should take a permit from the authorities (which cost around $50 per day), to set up a lemonade stand which can bring them $5 or $10 in profits.

And to know more about the American government's war on lemonade stands, check this:

http://www.mofreedom.org/2011/07/the-government-war-on-kid-run-concession-stands/

http://www.lemonadefreedom.com/
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:06:00 PM

Somehow I understand. Food is strongly regulated everywhere. They should sell cards, drawings, key rings or little stuff like that. Think about all the paperwork a farmer has to fill to be allowed to sell fresh produce in a market.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 11:25:48 PM

Perhaps it is time to forget the "war on drugs" and the "war on the ISIS". The new priority for the cops is the "war on lemonade stands". Just imagine the logic in saying that the kids should take a permit from the authorities (which cost around $50 per day), to set up a lemonade stand which can bring them $5 or $10 in profits.

And to know more about the American government's war on lemonade stands, check this:

http://www.mofreedom.org/2011/07/the-government-war-on-kid-run-concession-stands/

http://www.lemonadefreedom.com/

What people are discovering is the true aim of governments and banks that collude with each other and that is to keep people in a continuous cycle of debt and spending. If people could create truly self-sufficient socities then there would hardly be a need for them anymore so they find out all sorts of ways to get them into trouble no matter how ridiculous it is just so they can keep forcing people into a corner and exorting as much money out of them as possible.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 01:51:15 AM

Somehow I understand. Food is strongly regulated everywhere. They should sell cards, drawings, key rings or little stuff like that. Think about all the paperwork a farmer has to fill to be allowed to sell fresh produce in a market.

Sorry, but that's not true either. They don't care what you're selling, the state wants a cut. They even go after kids shoveling snow.

What people are discovering is the true aim of governments and banks that collude with each other and that is to keep people in a continuous cycle of debt and spending. If people could create truly self-sufficient socities then there would hardly be a need for them anymore so they find out all sorts of ways to get them into trouble no matter how ridiculous it is just so they can keep forcing people into a corner and exorting as much money out of them as possible.

They destroy those that attempt to break (us) free from debt slavery. Lincoln, JFK and even Gaddafi were all assassinated because they were trying to free the people from the banksters.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:21:41 AM

Have to agree with your observations here. By making it mandatory to obtain a permit (which costs $50 per day) for these lemonade stands, they are effectively making it impossible for them to operate. So instead of drinking natural and fresh lemonade, we have to opt for the toxic laden beverages such as Pepsi and Coca Cola.

They destroy those that attempt to break (us) free from debt slavery. Lincoln, JFK and even Gaddafi were all assassinated because they were trying to free the people from the banksters.

In that case, all of us (who use Bitcoins) will be on their hit list.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:07:26 AM

So what's next now? Banning children from playing in neighbourhood? Or arresting children for crying? It seems Police in Texas have stopped crime completely, that's why they are now enforcing laws on children for keeping themselves getting paid.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: