Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What does Bitcoin mean to you ?  (Voting closed: June 18, 2015, 03:46:24 AM)
A way to save your extra money - 5 (6.1%)
A get rich quick hope/prayer - 11 (13.4%)
A way to leave the traditional banking system - 41 (50%)
An easier way to send money for less - 19 (23.2%)
What the fuck is a bitcoin? - 6 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does Bitcoin mean to you (A poll)  (Read 4795 times)
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:13:25 AM

the banks were good in past to protect our money then they just made plans to use lend our money and get a fee ,if i wanna go bank i must wait 1 hour if not more just to make some direct deposit or to talk to manager of the account .. with bitcoin  i can lend my money the same way ask a loan and well i believe bitcoin will and already is the best way to save money from problems that is affecting all countries.... sure there is a risk but pretty sure that is better get something then the banks bankrupt and lost all.... already happened.... financial system only allow to politicians to steal our money .... corruption... not investing on education roads ,there is soo many things that must be done  but they just dont wanna know.... better get rich in a year then make some to all people use....

Ya but the multinational banks will never get bankrupt and your money is safe in the bank thats what I believe. But yes you can get rid of standing in a queue to make the deposits you can get rid of the paper work that the banking system involves so I would generally prefer using bitcoin to get rid of traditional banking system for sure.
hasmukhrawal

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:18:53 AM

a way to save extra money.
actually its a spark for me in my life.
it may burn my life or it may light up my life to glory.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:50:54 PM

well i invest lets say 1year salary mine on bitcoin till the moment with those i made investments and collecting the returns i made my choise some to exchange some to others projects till the moment i cant complaint because i know where my money is .... i dont need to go any bank ask my all money to retire ....because they will ask why i wanna do that sounds crazy..... the money is mine soo i do what i wanna with it i worked for it lol
Wolframite

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:29:14 PM

I use bitcoin to earn some extra money and also bitcoin transaction are easy and fast ... so to me the first and fourth option holds good

rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:32:54 PM

At the first glance I know bitcoin as an ordinary currency that will just blowing like wind.
I can't imagine that bitcoin ever reach $ 1000. I'm surely regret for not owning bitcoin. But as we know there are some people that really buy bitcoin with a huge amount on the day when bitcoin was early develop. And yes as we can expect that those people become rich for instant.
So for now, I'm earning bitcoin and I will try to hold it so "$1000 / btc " will happen again on the future. ( hope just getting higher )
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:16:10 PM

the banks were good in past to protect our money then they just made plans to use lend our money and get a fee ,if i wanna go bank i must wait 1 hour if not more just to make some direct deposit or to talk to manager of the account .. with bitcoin  i can lend my money the same way ask a loan and well i believe bitcoin will and already is the best way to save money from problems that is affecting all countries.... sure there is a risk but pretty sure that is better get something then the banks bankrupt and lost all.... already happened.... financial system only allow to politicians to steal our money .... corruption... not investing on education roads ,there is soo many things that must be done  but they just dont wanna know.... better get rich in a year then make some to all people use....

Ya but the multinational banks will never get bankrupt and your money is safe in the bank thats what I believe. But yes you can get rid of standing in a queue to make the deposits you can get rid of the paper work that the banking system involves so I would generally prefer using bitcoin to get rid of traditional banking system for sure.

I think banks will exist forever. Even if the world went 100% Bitcoin which is the ideal scenario of course.. there would still be a big market of banks for the people that don't have the nerve to store their own wealth and want someone else to do the job. Even if personally I think it defeats one of the main purposes of Bitcoin, it's a legitimate option.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys Cheesy

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
knowhow

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:37:38 PM

bitcoin currently is like a son ,it needs attention all the time and need to gets love all day ,and as a child we cant stop looking at it ,soo in other words is good to have a child like ,bitcoin.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:40:25 PM

An alternative to paypal in the way of not getting charged back! Otherwise, a good currency that can be made all over the internet and in some cases, tax free!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Curisoity Cheesy

At the moment Bitcoin means to me, "One funked up, messy, skeletons-in-the-closet, lovable, beautiful, piece of code."
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:10:40 AM

What does Bitcoin mean to you?

A way to waste my time.
You should add this to your possible answers.

Agree with you Grin. I waste my boring holiday with bitcoin. Trading bitcoin, play games, and then try cloud mining Cheesy. Right now bitcoin price still low, so i just save bitcoin like play a game Cheesy
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:48:50 AM

A way to waste my time.

Agree with you Grin. I waste my boring holiday with bitcoin. Trading bitcoin, play games, and then try cloud mining Cheesy. Right now bitcoin price still low, so i just save bitcoin like play a game Cheesy
it is a great way to play, specially if you are into gambling , you can find a lot of options and a lot of different gambling websites to go there and gamble away some bitcoin for fun.
but i don't see bitcoin as a wasting my time,

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:13:56 AM

For me its innovative store of value.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:29:33 PM

First for me was to get rich quick but now its more to leave the banking system. I'm not sure if you can get rich anymore with bitcoin, maybe after years ahead, but shit nobody got time to wait so long except teens.
knowhow

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:10:40 PM

well currently become rich in a short time isnt possible anymore with bitcoin but can happen with others altcoins become rich no but make a good income from them.... but well always a risk...
hasmukhrawal

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:47:59 PM

its an opportunity for us
to grow our knowledge
to earn money
to increase our contact list
to make transactions easily !

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:18:41 AM

Actually I look at bitcoin as not gambling. It's a bit risky but it's my way of earning extra for my family and for our needs. I've earned a lot from it and it saved my family many times from loaning especially when my baby was admitted in the hospital. It helps a lot. It's also fun to play with bitcoin.
wywoc1

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:27:05 AM

a way to save extra money.It is pretty cool.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

A way to waste my time.

well if you can earn big money in the end, i won't call it a waste of time, it is a matter of perspective and luck, like in everything

i don't like to call something that i'm doing, waste of time, otherwise i would not do it ever...it is like wasting your time on purpose, a bit stupid...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: