Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:43:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE & Google Authenticator Switching Procedure  (Read 980 times)
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:06:43 PM

I trying to figure out what the proper procedure is for switching Google Authenticator on IOS Devices.
Because last time I tried to do a restore it did not save the settings when updating the device(I don't know if I was unlucky or if Key's don't transfer)

I'm selling my current iphone and need to switch google authenticator to my ipad.
I thought the easy way would be to turn off google auth on GLBSE, by going to settings select Login and pop in my current code.
Then I could reenable the 2factor with a new key from my ipad.
But turning off Google Auth does not appear to be working, after i complete it , it still requires the key to login.

I know alot of people are going to be upgrading Iphone soon, so I wanted to see how other people are able to do this.

I have to do this for 3 accounts on GLBSE , I've already completed doing this on 5 other Google auth accounts on other services.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:48:57 AM

But turning off Google Auth does not appear to be working, after i complete it , it still requires the key to login.

That is the right way, so if it isn't recognizing that change then that's a problem with the service.

Did you enter a valid OTP when making the request to disable?

- https://glbse.com/user/enable/two

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 03:33:49 AM

That is the right way, so if it isn't recognizing that change then that's a problem with the service.

Did you enter a valid OTP when making the request to disable?

- https://glbse.com/user/enable/two

I get this response "Two factor authentication updated" So i assume this it was successful.

One of the other problems its labeled "Enable two factor authentication for login?"

And there is no way of telling if its enabled or disabled, other than trying to login without using the key.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 05:31:04 AM

And there is no way of telling if its enabled or disabled, other than trying to login without using the key.

Ya, I get the same thing .. checkbox doesn't show that it was enabled already.

But I just disabled by leaving the checkboxes unchecked  and clicked the Enable/Disable submit button and it said "updated" like you got.  Then I logged out and logged back in without needed two factor, so it looked like it truly updated.

Then I went back to settings and did Two Factor -> Enable and it presented me with a QR code, so I guess that is a way to tell if it already enabled.  

So ... not sure why your disable didn't seem to disable.  Maybe it has something to do with cache or cookies?  I'm not sure, but mine worked, so I don't think it is a problem with the site.

[Edit: Oh, one other thing.  I think it does always throw you to requiring captcha at login the first time after changing the two-factor authentication.  But do that once, and you are good from there.]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 05:54:55 AM

Ya, I get the same thing .. checkbox doesn't show that it was enabled already.

But I just disabled by leaving the checkboxes unchecked  and clicked the Enable/Disable submit button and it said "updated" like you got.  Then I logged out and logged back in without needed two factor, so it looked like it truly updated.

Then I went back to settings and did Two Factor -> Enable and it presented me with a QR code, so I guess that is a way to tell if it already enabled.  

So ... not sure why your disable didn't seem to disable.  Maybe it has something to do with cache or cookies?  I'm not sure, but mine worked, so I don't think it is a problem with the site.

[Edit: Oh, one other thing.  I think it does always throw you to requiring captcha at login the first time after changing the two-factor authentication.  But do that once, and you are good from there.]

Thanks

It was Operator Error , I was enabling the two-factor when I thought I was disabling it.

To disabled the option leave it unchecked, to enable check it.

It would be kinda nice if the page displayed with the check marks showing what is currently enabled on the account.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

I think thats the second time in two days you saved by butt...lol
(Sending you a PM)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: