Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:42:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Families sue US govt, seek official apology over drone killings in Yemen  (Read 1565 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:48:20 AM

The families of an anti-Al-Qaeda cleric and a police officer killed in a US drone strike in Yemen in 2012, have filed a lawsuit in Washington, DC, seeking an official apology and acknowledgement that innocent civilians were mistakenly killed.

Faisal Ali Jaber, an engineer, who lost a brother-in-law Salem and his nephew Waleed in a drone strike, has filed the lawsuit. He is asking the District Court to declare the attack by the unmanned aircraft unlawful. The international human rights group Reprieve is giving Ali Jaber assistance.

The plaintiffs said they are seeking to break the secrecy surrounding drones strikes and have the court impose some public accountability for the program.

“Since the awful day when I lost two of my loved ones, my family and I have been asking the US government to admit their error and say sorry. Our pleas has been ignored. No one will publicly admit that an American drone killed Salem and Waleed, even though we all know it. This is unjust,” said Ali Jaber.

Faisal’s brother-in-law Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber, was a cleric who had delivered an anti-Al-Qaeda speech just days before the strike. Three young men had driven to the village with the intention of trying to find Salem and asked to speak to him several times. Salem finally agreed to meet with them with Waleed as protection. As the five men talked, four Hellfire missiles killed them, as villagers watched on August 29, 2012 in eastern Yemen.

“The bodies of all five men were blown apart,” according to the complaint. “Salem and Waleed could be identified only be people who knew them well and could recognize body parts – such as distinctive hair on portions of the heads of Salem and Waleed found in the blast area.”

Salem is survived by a widow and seven children and Waleed, 26, had a wife and child.

More...http://rt.com/usa/265885-yemeni-families-sue-drone-strikes/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:03:49 AM

The Americans never got punished for killing thousands of innocent children during their bombing campaign of Serbia in 1999. The NATO jets selectively bombed kindergartens and hospitals in Serbia, to force Milosevic to withdraw from Kosovo. The families of those dead children so far has got no compensation. And now these families of some dead Al Qaeda nutjobs expect that they'll get the compensation from the Americans. Funny.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:51:07 AM

It's a mind boggling demonstration of one rule for us and one rule for everyone else. I was watching a documentary where they appear to have a type of drone forecast on Pakistani TV to let people know whether they're likely to be wiped out that day.

I can't imagine mom and pop in Iowa would be too happy if they had to wait for a cloudy day for their barbecue to avoid a Hellfire up their arses.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:07:50 PM

The Americans never got punished for killing thousands of innocent children during their bombing campaign of Serbia in 1999. The NATO jets selectively bombed kindergartens and hospitals in Serbia, to force Milosevic to withdraw from Kosovo. The families of those dead children so far has got no compensation. And now these families of some dead Al Qaeda nutjobs expect that they'll get the compensation from the Americans. Funny.

The "merciful angel"...

When the recoking comes I hope it's the politicians and leaders of MERICA that get what they deserve not the public.
AJMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:17:54 PM

The families of an anti-Al-Qaeda cleric and a police officer killed in a US drone strike in Yemen in 2012, have filed a lawsuit in Washington, DC, seeking an official apology and acknowledgement that innocent civilians were mistakenly killed.

Faisal Ali Jaber, an engineer, who lost a brother-in-law Salem and his nephew Waleed in a drone strike, has filed the lawsuit. He is asking the District Court to declare the attack by the unmanned aircraft unlawful. The international human rights group Reprieve is giving Ali Jaber assistance.

The plaintiffs said they are seeking to break the secrecy surrounding drones strikes and have the court impose some public accountability for the program.

“Since the awful day when I lost two of my loved ones, my family and I have been asking the US government to admit their error and say sorry. Our pleas has been ignored. No one will publicly admit that an American drone killed Salem and Waleed, even though we all know it. This is unjust,” said Ali Jaber.

Faisal’s brother-in-law Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber, was a cleric who had delivered an anti-Al-Qaeda speech just days before the strike. Three young men had driven to the village with the intention of trying to find Salem and asked to speak to him several times. Salem finally agreed to meet with them with Waleed as protection. As the five men talked, four Hellfire missiles killed them, as villagers watched on August 29, 2012 in eastern Yemen.

“The bodies of all five men were blown apart,” according to the complaint. “Salem and Waleed could be identified only be people who knew them well and could recognize body parts – such as distinctive hair on portions of the heads of Salem and Waleed found in the blast area.”

Salem is survived by a widow and seven children and Waleed, 26, had a wife and child.

Anti-alqueda...LOL sure

Muslim lies are plain for all to see. These 'families' should watch themselves from now on - they have been marked now.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:50:53 PM

Oh, yeah. C'mon, sue them for millions of innocent victims. And where is the court placed? America itself? LOL

pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:48:03 PM

If there were any justice, the ''global policemen'' would pay for what they have done in the world. Serbia!!!, Yemen, Iraq, Libya, Egypt... Innocent civilians have died because of their interests, and that's why I'm supporting these law suits!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:21:14 PM

Oh, yeah. C'mon, sue them for millions of innocent victims. And where is the court placed? America itself? LOL

A small correction. The court is located in one of the American vassal states, and not in the United States itself (in the city of Hague, Netherlands to be precise). That said, the United States was one of the 7 countries that voted against the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (the others were (China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, and Yemen).
mikaljan

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:43:48 PM

Land of the free-mason ... home of the drone pilot.

Was it Newton who said "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", whoever said it, much as I'd like to witness the final opposite reaction to the never-ending USA Action, I get the feeling it would be so large you'd have to watch it from space.

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:23:27 PM

A small correction. The court is located in one of the American vassal states, and not in the United States itself (in the city of Hague, Netherlands to be precise). That said, the United States was one of the 7 countries that voted against the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (the others were (China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, and Yemen).

Could You please stop writing that every country that thinks differently then You is a USA vassal state? The world is full political and social ideas on how to live and if some countries think alike they tend to work together, but that doesn't mean that they are someone's vassal.

As for the topic itself, some of those claims are true and some of them are not. Remember that many terrorists uses civilians for their ideas (and sometimes civilians are actually supporting terrorist of their own will).
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:48:49 PM

Could You please stop writing that every country that thinks differently then You is a USA vassal state? The world is full political and social ideas on how to live and if some countries think alike they tend to work together, but that doesn't mean that they are someone's vassal.

I refer countries such as Germany and the United Kingdom as vassal states of the United States, because they are not fully sovereign nations. For example, there are American soldiers stationed all over Germany, and the German gold reserves are currently being held by the US. And without the American permission, Germany can't enhance its armed forces, or take important foreign policy decisions.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:56:32 PM

I'm really sorry for their lost.
US govt. with this drone attacks, killed much more innocent, civil people than terrorists, and didn't accomplish much.
But, I really doubt they will ever receive official apology or compensation from uS govt.
They never do this and always believes that the ultimate goal justifies the occasional mistakes and the death of innocent people.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:59:14 PM

But, I really doubt they will ever receive official apology or compensation from uS govt.
They never do this and always believes that the ultimate goal justifies the occasional mistakes and the death of innocent people.

Hmm... Let me ask one question. The United States has given asylum status to thousands of Chechen "refugees" from Russia, many of whom were involved in crimes against the civilians and security forces there. Imagine a scenario in which a Russian drone attacks one of these Chechens, and results in the deaths of some innocent bystanders. Will the Americans accept it, since the ultimate goal justifies the occasional mistakes and the death of innocent people?
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:12:33 AM

This is sad, I feel terrible for him, and I hope the U.S compensates him. Nothing will probably fill the gaps though. Murica' might just cover it all up and kick some dirt on it over the next few years, before it totally fades away.

I don't think they will compensate him, because It will be like paying someone just to be shunned yourself. This will look terrible on the news. Dunno if it already is.
AJMax

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:37:21 AM

If muslims were forced to compensate for every killing they have done for the last 1400 years, there won't be a single muslim left on earth. Every strand of hair, every teeth and blood will be used to repay the world for their ignorance, bigotry, racism, slavery, and genocide.

Gotta laugh my voice hoarse seeing all these muslim btches wailing and moaning about 'atrocities'. Just another reminder to the world why muslims must be exterminated down to the last seed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:17:10 PM

If muslims were forced to compensate for every killing they have done for the last 1400 years, there won't be a single muslim left on earth. Every strand of hair, every teeth and blood will be used to repay the world for their ignorance, bigotry, racism, slavery, and genocide.

The United States of America was created after exterminating the native American Indians who lived there for many thousands of years before the arrival of the Europeans. Christian missionaries played a large role in the extermination, and people such as the "blessed" Junípero Serra single handedly wiped out entire ethnic groups (such as the Tongva). Does that mean that some one should kill all the Christians using whatever means available?
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:09:53 PM

I'm really sorry for their lost.
US govt. with this drone attacks, killed much more innocent, civil people than terrorists, and didn't accomplish much.

I agree. The nation is not one of those which admits mistake, they probably have clean up teams and think tanks which help them to escape such 'situations'.

AJMax

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:20:44 PM

The United States of America was created after exterminating the native American Indians who lived there for many thousands of years before the arrival of the Europeans. Christian missionaries played a large role in the extermination, and people such as the "blessed" Junípero Serra single handedly wiped out entire ethnic groups (such as the Tongva). Does that mean that some one should kill all the Christians using whatever means available?

LOL Smiley

95% of the so called native americans were killed by disease way before their contact with europeans became significant. I bet you are stupid enough to believe in the pathetically selective 'blanket theory' too.

Natives did much to exterminate themselves as much as any 'christian' did to them - and from what I recall there's nothing stopping them today from having more children or gaining rights the same as any other man in US - even more advantageous than a recent immigrant like myself certainly. They are certainly not required to pay special taxes or are forced to live somewhere. Your assertion that christian missionaries played an important role is like saying potato peel is at fault for being cut by a knife - no one was running away or afraid of missionaries, certainly not 'natives'. If the so called natives paid for their ignorance, bigotry, and racial attitude against others with their lives, isn't that justice? Or does your standard only apply on the EVIL white/west? Grin

Why not find blame with how the japs wiped out the native population before their mainstream ethnic group made japan? Why not china, india, russia? There isn't a single decent sized country on earth that didn't rise out of some conflict or another that resulted in a dominant faction taking over.

The key difference is that there hasn't been a single significant movement or will for muslims to rectify their ways, as opposed to other peoples, and not only endorses the practice of racial and cultural warfare, but fully supports it with both silent consent and active reinforcement.

When the hell was the last time a significantly christian country rose up to declare a crusade?

Your pathetic attempt at trying to equivocate the supposed western 'sins' with that of an active rapist and murders speaks volumes about your ulterior motive and lack of independent thought Cheesy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:36:41 PM

LOL Smiley

95% of the so called native americans were killed by disease way before their contact with europeans became significant. I bet you are stupid enough to believe in the pathetically selective 'blanket theory' too.

Natives did much to exterminate themselves as much as any 'christian' did to them - and from what I recall there's nothing stopping them today from having more children or gaining rights the same as any other man in US - even more advantageous than a recent immigrant like myself certainly. They are certainly not required to pay special taxes or are forced to live somewhere. Your assertion that christian missionaries played an important role is like saying potato peel is at fault for being cut by a knife - no one was running away or afraid of missionaries, certainly not 'natives'. If the so called natives paid for their ignorance, bigotry, and racial attitude against others with their lives, isn't that justice? Or does your standard only apply on the EVIL white/west? Grin

Why not find blame with how the japs wiped out the native population before their mainstream ethnic group made japan? Why not china, india, russia? There isn't a single decent sized country on earth that didn't rise out of some conflict or another that resulted in a dominant faction taking over.

The key difference is that there hasn't been a single significant movement or will for muslims to rectify their ways, as opposed to other peoples, and not only endorses the practice of racial and cultural warfare, but fully supports it with both silent consent and active reinforcement.

When the hell was the last time a significantly christian country rose up to declare a crusade?

Your pathetic attempt at trying to equivocate the supposed western 'sins' with that of an active rapist and murders speaks volumes about your ulterior motive and lack of independent thought Cheesy

much bullshit, many idiocy. it's not even worth a reply.

btw. it is just 75 years ago since the catholic church supported hitler and nazi germany  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:26:02 PM

The only way in which that piece of trivia is relevant is that it shows how extremist/delusional your overall mentality is. Most (if not all) of the people responsible for killing the (real) Americans are long since dead, and modern US people don't carry responsibility for the crimes of their ancestors. If you disagree, then that would mean that you also carry responsibility for the crimes of your ancestors, even if they hid behind the "USSR" mask.

In some countries, people with a criminal history can have their criminal record erased after a certain period of time so they can re-start their life without ongoing discrimination by vigilantes. The same should apply here and this thread is ONLY about getting justice for a crime that's new and relevant.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: