Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigamining math  (Read 3147 times)
conspirosphere.tk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:23:55 AM

There is a threshold beyond which high profits become a scam. It seems this apply to the following math:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg1178669#msg1178669

Can you give any explanation as to what your actual cut is in this, and why it seems you're taking a seemingly insane cut, barring there has been some major issues along the way you forgot to tell us?

I'm an running this bond to make money. I'm not sure where you got the idea that this was a charitable venture. Every bond sale thus far has netted 100% initial capital outlays. I would expect nothing less from the release of the Teramining bond otherwise there is no reason to do it.

I'm not saying I think you're not running this for profit. I'm saying that with 1.5 free terahash by trading your 3 current minirig for half a free ASIC each, and if selling your GPU rig would fetch you for about an extra half the price of an ASIC rig (already paid by investors), you only need another 2 terahash (2 rigs equivalent) to fund the remaining of the TERAMINING hashing at 100 mhash per share.

Or ~5500 BTC (2750 BTC / ASIC rig)

You're asking for about 40000 x (0.30 - 0.40) = 12 000 to 16 000 BTC. A 54% to  65% cut for you. And the new 90% PPS proposed would take 10% more of what's left (about 4% - 5% more). 60 - 70% cut total.

It just seems like the upgrade is actually charging us the full price of the ASICs + cut, completely ignoring the fact the FPGA rigs/GPU were paid for (40 000 BTC I believe?) by the investors on the initial IPO and can partially pay/be traded for the ASICs.

Your cut is seemingly more than twice to quintuple the cut others take, hence why I'd like to know the actual numbers on your side and your actual cut.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:06:28 PM

There is a threshold beyond which high profits become a scam. It seems this apply to the following math:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg1178669#msg1178669

Can you give any explanation as to what your actual cut is in this, and why it seems you're taking a seemingly insane cut, barring there has been some major issues along the way you forgot to tell us?

I'm an running this bond to make money. I'm not sure where you got the idea that this was a charitable venture. Every bond sale thus far has netted 100% initial capital outlays. I would expect nothing less from the release of the Teramining bond otherwise there is no reason to do it.

I'm not saying I think you're not running this for profit. I'm saying that with 1.5 free terahash by trading your 3 current minirig for half a free ASIC each, and if selling your GPU rig would fetch you for about an extra half the price of an ASIC rig (already paid by investors), you only need another 2 terahash (2 rigs equivalent) to fund the remaining of the TERAMINING hashing at 100 mhash per share.

Or ~5500 BTC (2750 BTC / ASIC rig)

You're asking for about 40000 x (0.30 - 0.40) = 12 000 to 16 000 BTC. A 54% to  65% cut for you. And the new 90% PPS proposed would take 10% more of what's left (about 4% - 5% more). 60 - 70% cut total.

It just seems like the upgrade is actually charging us the full price of the ASICs + cut, completely ignoring the fact the FPGA rigs/GPU were paid for (40 000 BTC I believe?) by the investors on the initial IPO and can partially pay/be traded for the ASICs.

Your cut is seemingly more than twice to quintuple the cut others take, hence why I'd like to know the actual numbers on your side and your actual cut.

I ended up with a similar results right here:
This is one ugly rip-off but as you can see from the following posts, bond is not a equity blaa blaa blaa so he thinks he is actually giving "bond" holders a present.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:51:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg1181304#msg1181304
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:59:33 PM

You show those numbers to equity owners, not debt holders. Got it?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:50:29 PM

Hi conspirosphere.tk,

I take this kind of accusation seriously. I have been running Gigamining for almost half a year and have met the contract 100% and have never deviated from it.

I have taken on more risks that anyone can imagine and things have not always gone my way, yet, you do not see me complaining. I believe those risks must be covered yet your accusation suggests that I have almost no risk and that my profit margins are too much.

On top of that, you are quoting someone else's analysis instead of doing your own or even asking any questions.

I would not have suggested these changes unless I felt it absolutely necessary.

Best,
gigavps
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:54:08 PM

Hi conspirosphere.tk,

I take this kind of accusation seriously. I have been running Gigamining for almost half a year and have met the contract 100% and have never deviated from it.

I have taken on more risks that anyone can imagine and things have not always gone my way, yet, you do not see me complaining. I believe those risks must be covered yet your accusation suggests that I have almost no risk and that my profit margins are too much.

On top of that, you are quoting someone else's analysis instead of doing your own or even asking any questions.

I would not have suggested these changes unless I felt it absolutely necessary.

Best,
gigavps

No one should trust your ass. You are one of the closest people to pirate. Scam scam....you've profited the most from pirate's scam.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:58:20 PM

so he thinks he is actually giving "bond" holders a present.

Truth is, he is giving them a present. Its a dead mouse, but its still a free dead mouse and he didnt have to give it. The ripoff already happened a long time ago when his investors were stupid enough pay 1.5BTC for those bonds (and still gullible today to hold them at current value).
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:06:10 PM

so he thinks he is actually giving "bond" holders a present.

Truth is, he is giving them a present. Its a dead mouse, but its still a free dead mouse and he didnt have to give it. The ripoff already happened a long time ago when his investors were stupid enough pay 1.5BTC for those bonds (and still gullible today to hold them at current value).
So gigavps, starting another scam, by asking bond holders to pay 0.3 BTC per share to upgrade to TERAMINING?
conspirosphere.tk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:34:42 PM

Hi conspirosphere.tk,

I take this kind of accusation seriously.

Hi, in my view the point of accusations is to give a right of reply and defense to the accused, so that everyone can figure out their conclusions. That's why I reposted that message.

I am not so math inclined to perform my indipendent analysis, but those number I posted seems to me far excessive, even taking in account costs and risk. But I could be wrong, so I encourage you to post your numbers to contradict them.

P.S. I invested the most of my BTC in Gigamining and other mining bonds (most of which already lost about 70% of their value since I invested, and are following a declining slope in dividends), so my only motivation is to try to not be scammed too much.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:10:14 PM

Hi, in my view the point of accusations is to give a right of reply and defense to the accused, so that everyone can figure out their conclusions. That's why I reposted that message.

Thanks for clarifying consirosphere.tk.

I am not so math inclined to perform my indipendent analysis, but those number I posted seems to me far excessive, even taking in account costs and risk. But I could be wrong, so I encourage you to post your numbers to contradict them.

I will make another post in the Gigamining thread with the appropriate risks and costs over the next 48 months.

P.S. I invested the most of my BTC in Gigamining and other mining bonds (most of which already lost about 70% of their value since I invested, and are following a declining slope in dividends), so my only motivation is to try to not be scammed too much.

I am sorry to hear that. Both the free market setting the price of the bond and the difficulty changes are completely out of my control and am sure you realize this.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:14:54 PM

No one should trust your ass. You are one of the closest people to pirate. Scam scam....you've profited the most from pirate's scam.

Sounds easy enough to prove with blockchain analysis.  I'd be interested in seeing if this claim has merit.

I don't have to prove a damn thing.

He is practically in bed with PussyAt40.

He was one of the first participants in BTCST. Hence he made the most. I don't need to do block chain analysis to prove that. Just look at the forum postings back in November and December of 2011.  Cheesy

Pffft blockchain analysis...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:24:54 PM

Sounds easy enough to prove with blockchain analysis.  I'd be interested in seeing if this claim has merit.

I don't have to prove a damn thing.

He is practically in bed with PussyAt40.

He was one of the first participants in BTCST. Hence he made the most. I don't need to do block chain analysis to prove that. Just look at the forum postings back in November and December of 2011.  Cheesy

Pffft blockchain analysis...

Did he withdraw?  Did he actually put much in?  If he was one of the first participants, based on imsaguy's statement and other explanations, he could have put in just a little bit, and maybe he rolled it over.

The blockchain would show the balance of payments.  The facts, instead of creative invention, could be used to tie his balls to a tree.  Full of fire ants.

Why are you so adversarial?  Do a little work and you'll be a hero for uncovering another scammer.

You know what I find funny is that initially I wasn't addressing you.

Care to explain why you have anything to do with what I'm saying to Gigavps?

lol  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:27:08 AM

1) Because you don't know how to PM if you want to have a private conversation?

2) Since you were making some accusations that demonstrated that you had some knowledge of gigavps's BST earnings, the community would surely benefit from you continuing your research and posting the results.

1. I dont have to PM if I want to make an assertion. I will speak my mind and call it as I see it. Cry more.

2. What are you defending him? You in bed with him too?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:34:01 AM

2) Since you were making some accusations that demonstrated that you had some knowledge of gigavps's BST earnings, the community would surely benefit from you continuing your research and posting the results.

1. I dont have to PM if I want to make an assertion. I will speak my mind and call it as I see it. Cry more.

Smoothie is trying to call out scam as often as possible, so when he tries to run his own scam he can say "With all the scams I called out of course I am trustworthy"

Thing is, I don't think he has ever brought any evidence at all to the table...

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:35:29 AM

Smoothie is trying to call out scam as often as possible, so when he tries to run his own scam he can say "With all the scams I called out of course I am trustworthy"

Thing is, I don't think he has ever brought any evidence at all to the table...

lol........who have i scammed lol....and what business/scam am i working on? hint: nothing

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:49:49 AM

I have no skin in this game, no business with gigavps.  This is NOT a scam.  Recommend that this get moved to service discussion. 

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:53:43 AM

Calling it a scam because you think the price set by free participants spending their own money is wrong makes no sense.

You don't like the price, you don't buy it.

I met Giga, very nice guy, solid mining plan imo, I'm confident he'll be able and willing to deliver exactly what he promises. I bought no bonds because I thought they were priced higher than they were worth, that's all there is to it.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:04:23 AM

Calling it a scam because you think the price set by free participants spending their own money is wrong makes no sense.

I met Giga, very nice guy, solid mining plan imo, I'm confident he'll be able and willing to deliver exactly what he promises. I bought no bonds because I thought they were priced higher than they were worth, that's all there is to it.

I call it a scam because of who he is associated with and how he is associated with pirate.

Gigavps probably got other investors' coins as "interest" payments given that pirate can't seem to bring things all together if this whole "business" he was running was sound and not some scam/ponzi.

Gigavps gives pirate ridiculous OTC rating given pirate hasn't delivered jack since closing BTCST.

"0.1/459 accounts paid" as an example of how ridiculous pirate is and giga supports him.

I call bullshit. Long-term gigavps will end up scamming people himself.

I find that you start to be like the people you surround yourself with. This situation with pirate is no different.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 04:08:59 AM

I call it a scam because of who he is associated with and how he is associated with pirate.

Gigavps probably got other investors' coins as "interest" payments given that pirate can't seem to bring things all together if this whole "business" he was running was sound and not some scam/ponzi.

Gigavps gives pirate ridiculous OTC rating given pirate hasn't delivered jack since closing BTCST.

"0.1/459 accounts paid" as an example of how ridiculous pirate is and giga supports him.

I find that you start to be like the people you surround yourself with. This situation with pirate is no different.

I agree with you about the OTC rating he did sucks but still you are getting to the point of guilt by association.   I see no scam here, he does have a business model and is capable of fulfilling his agreements.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:27:01 AM

I agree with you about the OTC rating he did sucks but still you are getting to the point of guilt by association.   I see no scam here, he does have a business model and is capable of fulfilling his agreements.

Please save this post for a year from now so we can revisit it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: