Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DGM + Solo mining pool  (Read 1264 times)
ivonme (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:39:55 AM

Hello,

I have been thinking fromt the past few days about creating an Out of the box solution about creating  and setting up a Pool which will be based upon DGM + Solo mining solution. i.e: Where if one of the worker in the pool solves the Block then the worker will be given 50% of the total bitcoins generated from the block and the remaining 50% will be divided across all the workers based on the DGM methord.

Does anyone else think this could be a viable option where we could see a lot of people using this pool method?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eyeknock

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:09:51 PM

as "Unbelive" sayd you would ask at the mining subforum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0

btw a DGM + Solo mining pool sounds interesting,  and

"50% of the total bitcoins generated from the block and the remaining 50% will be divided across all the workers based on the DGM methord"

looks pretty good the problem is always the same, you need to find workers Wink

edited: lol i think a mod move it while i was writting, so now you are in the correct subforum Tongue
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 03:01:31 PM

Hello,

I have been thinking fromt the past few days about creating an Out of the box solution about creating  and setting up a Pool which will be based upon DGM + Solo mining solution. i.e: Where if one of the worker in the pool solves the Block then the worker will be given 50% of the total bitcoins generated from the block and the remaining 50% will be divided across all the workers based on the DGM methord.

Does anyone else think this could be a viable option where we could see a lot of people using this pool method?
How is this solo mining if you're splitting the block reward with somebody else?  This is nothing more than a pool with a 50% block finder's fee.  Good luck with that.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
ivonme (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:21:28 AM

How is this solo mining if you're splitting the block reward with somebody else?  This is nothing more than a pool with a 50% block finder's fee.  Good luck with that.
[/quote]
Its not about 50% as pool , Rather if you look at it in a situation of glass being half full instead of half empty, say if the person mine's solo then his chances of finding the block are pretty slim however if we all combine the pool finding the blocka re pretty high and the person finding the block gets hald the bitcoins and the remaining will be diveded equally based on DGM. do you guys think this would be a good project to work on.
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:12:17 PM

Its not about 50% as pool , Rather if you look at it in a situation of glass being half full instead of half empty, say if the person mine's solo then his chances of finding the block are pretty slim however if we all combine the pool finding the blocka re pretty high and the person finding the block gets hald the bitcoins and the remaining will be diveded equally based on DGM. do you guys think this would be a good project to work on.
[/quote]

No this will never fly...

Ask yourself a question???

How many blocks have i personally solved...

Me personally being mining since diff was about 7 mill

I have never solved a block ever....

Why would i want to win 50% of the coins for solving a block that i have never solved...

This setup gives a penalty towards miners who have never solved the block & biases towards ones who have/can

Doesnt work for me..

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:49:01 AM

i can see the idea of this type of pool.. its kind of interesting..

it will only work tho if YOU, the pool owner, has enough hash to get blocks every day.

it would be tough getting someone else to do it mostly because you will get 1 or 2 people that are carrying the pool and they will find they will be doing better solo and leave. those with less hash would avoid it, because they will never find a block. which would get them more on a regular payout pool.

wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:56:16 AM

interesting idea! how should be operated? Smiley
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 02:41:20 PM

i can see the idea of this type of pool.. its kind of interesting..

it will only work tho if YOU, the pool owner, has enough hash to get blocks every day.

it would be tough getting someone else to do it mostly because you will get 1 or 2 people that are carrying the pool and they will find they will be doing better solo and leave. those with less hash would avoid it, because they will never find a block. which would get them more on a regular payout pool.
Regardless of how much hash the pool owner has, this idea won't fly.  Let's say he does indeed have enough hash to find a block a day.  Currently, that means he's got 2.456PH/s pointed to the pool.  No matter how you distribute that hash rate, either between 3 miners or between 2000 miners, one of the miners will make 12.5BTC and the others will split the remaining 12.5BTC.  OP is asking miners to take a pretty large gamble that they might be the one to find a block and get a handsome reward for doing so.  The problem is that the vast majority of the time, miners will be paid half of expectations from a typical mining pool.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: