Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:04:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MoriartyBitCoin "BitLaunder" RIPPED ME OFF!!  (Read 545 times)
gbcm1 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:20:45 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 05:03:01 PM by gbcm1

EmbarrassedI "laundered" some bitcoins through BitLaunder yesterday. I have been waiting for them to be deposited into a wallet of mine elsewhere. No such luck!! I emailed support, and even emailed Moriarty.Bitcoin@gmail.com only that email bounced back. Apparently his email address is invalid.

I am very new to Bitcoin, in fact this was supposed to be my first buying something with it. I should've done a simple google search of the place I was going to send my hard-earned money!

Do I have any recourse?

Thanks,

Gina

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:35:47 PM

why are you laundering btc, boy?
:B

Date Registered:    Today at 06:18:14 AM

This user's password was reset recently.

gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:51:34 PM

Does Gina sound like a boy's name?   Smiley

Because I thought I had to which I now realize was unnecessary.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

I have read many stories about people having problems mixing coins.  What I do not understand is why people do not read the various threads on Bitcoin mixers (and people's often negative experiences with them) BEFORE mixing their BTC...

BitLaunder and Fog, for example have many negative user comments.

bitmixer.io and blockchain.info's SharedCoin have many fewer complaints.  I do prefer bitmixer.io, as their service has worked smoother for me.  That is the main reason why I chose their signature campaign, I am a happy customer.
gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:27:27 PM

I have read many stories about people having problems mixing coins.  What I do not understand is why people do not read the various threads on Bitcoin mixers (and people's often negative experiences with them) BEFORE mixing their BTC...

bitmixer.io and blockchain.info's SharedCoin have many fewer complaints.  I do prefer bitmixer.io, as their service has worked smoother for me.  That is the main reason why I chose their signature campaign, I am a happy customer.

Is it necessary to even mix coins when dealing with such small amounts? I'm talking $200 type transactions...
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:37:30 PM

EmbarrassedI "laundered" some bitcoins through BitLaunder yesterday. I have been waiting for them to be deposited into a wallet of mine elsewhere. No such luck!! I emailed support, and even emailed Moriarty.Bitcoin@gmail.com only that email bounced back. Apparently his email address is invalid.

I am very new to Bitcoin, in fact this was supposed to be my first buying something with it. I should've done a simple google search of the place I was going to send my hard-earned money!

Do I have any recourse?

Thanks,

Gina

I have a long standing policy of not doing business with companies that choose to name themselves after vicious animals, pests, the Devil or anything Evil, Criminals, etc. They are telling you right up front what they are. Also, in the occult world it is part of deflecting negative Karmic Consequence to tell the victim what you intend to do.

From Wikipedia: Moriarty is a criminal mastermind whom Holmes describes as the "Napoleon of crime".

You sent money to be laundered to a company named after the arch enemy of Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty- a "Criminal Mastermind"? And you got ripped off? Really? Do they have to actually name their service "We WILL fucking rip you off, so send us your BTC!" before you refuse to do business with them? Roll Eyes

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:33:16 PM

Do I have any recourse?

Thanks,

Gina

I have a long standing policy of not doing business with companies that choose to name themselves after vicious animals, pests, the Devil or anything Evil, Criminals, etc. They are telling you right up front what they are. Also, in the occult world it is part of deflecting negative Karmic Consequence to tell the victim what you intend to do.

From Wikipedia: Moriarty is a criminal mastermind whom Holmes describes as the "Napoleon of crime".

You sent money to be laundered to a company named after the arch enemy of Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty- a "Criminal Mastermind"? And you got ripped off? Really? Do they have to actually name their service "We WILL fucking rip you off, so send us your BTC!" before you refuse to do business with them? Roll Eyes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Pd_Moriarty_by_Sidney_Paget.gif

Point taken  Sad
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:41:44 AM

Is it necessary to even mix coins when dealing with such small amounts? I'm talking $200 type transactions...

gbcm1

Everyone has different views on whether or not it is worth it to mix your coins.  Depends on "paranoid" you are I guess.  $200 is a reasonable minimum, I once mixed when I had $40 worth of BTC, but that's just me...

Moi?  I choose to mix my coins when I get new BTC.  Smiley
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:45:59 AM

I wanna know where "This user's password was reset recently." was gleaned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: