Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:32:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Receive Payments Api  (Read 585 times)
Salmen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 04:48:06 PM

Hello,
Is there a problem in the Blockchain Receive Payment Api because i get no callbacks about the payment.
Cheers
Salmen

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
danystatic

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:58:41 PM

it's world wide issue...

lets build another payment notification system, you code too?, trusting 3rd party has always been an issue....
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 03:15:31 AM

Do you think it was a coincidence that this went down once people started to spam the blockchain in the midst of the blockchain debate?
The receive payments API forwards the payment with no fee, so it turns one transaction into two transactions. What if you took one of the generated input addresses and then made another forwarding address and take one of those generated address and do another and so on. You could essentially make 1 transaction turn into 10 or however many you decide to do and it will only cost the sender 1 transaction fee, the other 9 would have been paid by BC.info. It would make it a really cheap way to fill up the blocks.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 11:52:42 AM

Do you think it was a coincidence that this went down once people started to spam the blockchain in the midst of the blockchain debate?

No.

The receive payments API forwards the payment with no fee, so it turns one transaction into two transactions. What if you took one of the generated input addresses and then made another forwarding address and take one of those generated address and do another and so on. You could essentially make 1 transaction turn into 10 or however many you decide to do and it will only cost the sender 1 transaction fee, the other 9 would have been paid by BC.info. It would make it a really cheap way to fill up the blocks.

Blockchain.info doesn't want to store money with them or mix coins received from different customers for different services.

possible alternatives can be found here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=942633.0

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:37:19 PM

No.

Blockchain.info doesn't want to store money with them or mix coins received from different customers for different services.

possible alternatives can be found here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=942633.0

Those aren't alternatives, not even close. Have you ever used the receive payments API? Just because it says API doesn't make it the same thing. BCinfo was the only service that didn't require any account/login/API key and it forwarded all payments for free, blockchain.info paid the transaction fees.  There isn't a single alternative that is comparable. There are other payment forwarders (Bitforwarder, BlockCypher) but they all charge transaction fees and some even charge additional fees on top, also they all require accounts, or API keys.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 01:58:51 PM

No.

Those aren't alternatives, not even close. Have you ever used the receive payments API? Just because it says API doesn't make it the same thing. BCinfo was the only service that didn't require any account/login/API key and it forwarded all payments for free, blockchain.info paid the transaction fees.  There isn't a single alternative that is comparable. There are other payment forwarders (Bitforwarder, BlockCypher) but they all charge transaction fees and some even charge additional fees on top, also they all require accounts, or API keys.

Yes, they are not good as Blockchain.info's API because you will have to do some tweaking. But if some people want, they can use any of these. If you know how to handle deterministic wallet, you can easily generate addresses yourself without exposing private keys. This is far better than Blockchain.info's payment receive API. You can use any of the available programs to do it or create one yourself -- https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#Implementations.

Salmen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 07:45:36 PM

There are some other service, but they do it not for free.
Bitcoin Receive Payments Api for other cryptocurrency does not exist and this is very bad.
I can use the bitcoin desktop wallet or dogecoin wallet as payment processor but my laptop must be 24 hours online.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: