Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Moriarty "BitLaunder" RIPPED ME OFF!!!!  (Read 2064 times)
gbcm1 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

I "laundered" some bitcoins through BitLaunder yesterday. I have been waiting for them to be deposited into a wallet of mine elsewhere. No such luck!! I emailed support, and even emailed Moriarty.Bitcoin@gmail.com only that email bounced back. Apparently his email address is invalid.

I am very new to Bitcoin, in fact this was supposed to be my first buying something with it. I should've done a simple google search of the place I was going to send my hard-earned money!

Do I have any recourse?

Thanks,

Gina
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:35:37 PM

If you have honestly lost Bitcoins to BitLaunder, then yes, you are probably screwed as Michael Moriarty is a known con artist who has had accusations made against BitLaunder before - yet he still tosses around on the forums trying to ignore them or claim he isn't in the wrong.

Refer to this decently large thread on MM's previous big scam.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:49:54 PM

That really, REALLY sucks. Well, if anyone is in the same situation as i was in DO NOT USE BIT LAUNDER!!!! Dude must be hard up if he's ripping people off for less than $200. What a poor excuse of a man.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:15:48 PM

No, you should defiantly not use bit launder. The person who owns that site is a serial scammer/com artist. Hopefully it wasn't more then you could afford to lose and you can take this as an invaluable lesion.
gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:00:23 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 12:59:43 AM by gbcm1

If you have honestly lost Bitcoins to BitLaunder, then yes, you are probably screwed as Michael Moriarty is a known con artist who has had accusations made against BitLaunder before - yet he still tosses around on the forums trying to ignore them or claim he isn't in the wrong.

Does this guy also run bitcoinpuddle, bitnewbie, coinchimp and asicscrypt
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:08:36 PM

Does this guy also run bitcoinpuddle, bitnewbie, coinchimp and asicscrypt?

I believe I know who the real "Moriarty" is, and his beautiful wife Itzzia Polanco. He has a cute son named Nathan too. They live in Simi Valley, CA. I can post pics if anyone would like...
Why do you think he runs bitcoinpuddle?
gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:32:26 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 12:07:24 AM by gbcm1

I found an Instagram acct by searching the hashtag "coinchimp" which he is also associated with. The handle on the instagram acct is onewiseguy. Anyway, he has a post telling his followers to check out coinchimp. You can also go here: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/wts-asicscrypt-com-proof-of-earnings.350900/ and see that not only is there an acct onewiseguy discussing asicscrypt.com, but also an acct by the name of Professor James Moriarty on the same thread. If you look at the instagram acct of "onewiseguy" you can see that he advertises coinchimp and asicscyrpt.com. I have a screenshot, but idk how to upload it. Anywho, pretty sure this is the guy.

And what do you know!! There is an account registered here "onewiseguy". It's him. Thank you, Tarsua for pointing that out to me.
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:35:24 AM

I found an Instagram acct by searching the hashtag "coinchimp" which he is also associated with. The handle on the instagram acct is onewiseguy. Anyway, he has a post telling his followers to check out coinchimp. You can also go here: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/wts-asicscrypt-com-proof-of-earnings.350900/ and see that not only is there an acct onewiseguy discussing asicscrypt.com, but also an acct by the name of Professor James Moriarty on the same thread. If you look at the instagram acct of "onewiseguy" you can see that he advertises coinchimp and asicscyrpt.com. I have a screenshot, but idk how to upload it. Anywho, pretty sure this is the guy.

And what do you know!! There is an account registered here "onewiseguy". It's him. Thank you, Tarsua for pointing that out to me.

wait what haha I am not who ever you think I am. just because I put coinchimp on an old profil, because I thought it was legit. I have not taken it off. Because I haven't logged on.

and you accuse me of being some James Moriarty?

Dude chill out.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:38:26 AM

wait what haha I am not who ever you think I am. just because I put coinchimp on an old profil, because I thought it was legit. I have not taken it off. Because I haven't logged on.

Dude chill out.
Is that your instagram account? - https://instagram.com/onlyonewiseguy/
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:40:12 AM

Please look at the photo and delete My family's personal info on the thread do more damn research. 

if you can see it states ambassador again I thought the site was legit was not even aware it was a scam.
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:42:08 AM

Dude chill out.

Its an account I haven't logged in. the last photo was posted 21 weeks ago.
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:48:23 AM

Does this guy also run bitcoinpuddle, bitnewbie, coinchimp and asicscrypt?

I believe I know who the real "Moriarty" is, and his beautiful wife Itzzia Polanco. He has a cute son named Nathan too. They live in Simi Valley, CA. I can post pics if anyone would like...

can you take off my family's info please.
gbcm1 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:03:04 AM

So you just messaged me from your MoriartyBitcoin acct and told me you just bought that acct. you bought the onewiseguy acct as well??
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:06:05 AM

So you just messaged me from your MoriartyBitcoin acct and told me you just bought that acct. you bought the onewiseguy acct as well??

wait what? I didnt message you,

and onewiseguy is my account never been sold or bought.

I replied to your threat PM about my family and asked if you can take off the info you posted.

onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:15:16 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086685.msg11586888#msg11586888

Just found this post.

why would you even do a trade with an account with so much negative feedback??

so you send btc to some random account and you accuse someone because they made one post? to use a service?

not only that you post private info

what the hell man!
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:19:26 AM

so you also sent a message to my wife? Threatening her.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:45:44 PM

I own Asicscrypt.com and have 0 affilliatition with this scammer.  Please kindly rescind your accusation against my site.
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:13:43 PM

I own Asicscrypt.com and have 0 affilliatition with this scammer.  Please kindly rescind your accusation against my site.

OP gets scammed and goes on a rampage about accusations than stops posting.

what ever the case I don't know who Michael Moriarty is and really don' care.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:15:19 AM

I don't understand why anyone would use a laundering service for Bitcoin. Just send the Bitcoin to an exchange like coinbase, coin.mx, cryptsy, etc. and the trail will be completely disconnected and untraceable. The address you deposit at on the exchange forwards the bitcoins to a storage wallet. They then send different bitcoins from a different wallet when you withdraw.

And also laundering is for paranoid people who do things they shouldn't be doing.

the problem with exchanges is, some of them track how you use them (coinbase), a better alternative is using a gambling site with the same idea. Here's a reference: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113207/coinbase-is-tracking-how-users-spend-their-bitcoins

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
onewiseguy

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:19:11 AM

Dude chill out.

Its an account I haven't logged in. the last photo was posted 21 weeks ago.

You have lots of personal infos in there...

yes I just deactivated it stupid newb
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: