Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:00:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-06-11] CD: OpenBazaar Raises $1 Million from Silicon Valley Giants  (Read 659 times)
Grand_Voyageur (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 02:28:56 PM

OpenBazaar Raises $1 Million from Silicon Valley Giants

The developers of OpenBazaar, the open-source decentralized marketplace protocol, have received $1m in seed funding.

The project received backing from venture firms Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, and angel investor and board member William Mougayar.

OpenBazaar aims to enable broader peer-to-peer e-commerce, free from the privacy and economic concerns attributed to more centralized models, using bitcoin as a medium of exchange.

Full story: http://www.coindesk.com/openbazaar-raises-1-million-from-silicon-valley-giants/

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:33:31 PM

How does OpenBazaar makes money?

Are they going to act as an escrow and charge a fee?

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 03:04:21 PM

maybe they could charge a minimal fee in the future or do some advertising but when they hurt Paypal or Ebay with their business - great!

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:19:41 PM

This is awesome news. It will accelerate development of the platform.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:25:21 AM

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:48:38 AM

I have been hearing about this OpenBazaar for more than 2 years now. Are they ever going to put up their marketplace online (the website is online, but I can't see any market place there)? I just hope that the developers don't go AWOL, after taking away the money from all the donors. Do we know the real identity of the people, who are working on this project? 
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:02:31 AM

This exactly what I was thinking, but if they are doing the escrow that would seem pretty centralized to me.

I have been hearing about this OpenBazaar for more than 2 years now. Are they ever going to put up their marketplace online (the website is online, but I can't see any market place there)? I just hope that the developers don't go AWOL, after taking away the money from all the donors. Do we know the real identity of the people, who are working on this project? 

Rome wasn't built in a day. These things take time to make sure all the kinks are ironed out, but I'm sure progress will move a lot faster now they've got a million dollars in their pocket. I really cannot wait for these decentralized markets and exchanged to become the norm though. They're desperately needed.

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 10:45:22 AM

mmm this is a very good news, i hope they made good things with all that money, atm openbazar looks promising, lets hope things goes better now Wink

thats thw wrost part, too many time to release it, beleive me i fell the same as you, as i sayd lets hope that things got better&faster now, we need it Tongue

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: