Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:07:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiring C++ and JS programmers  (Read 15430 times)
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 07:24:38 PM

We are still looking for a JS guy. I know you are out there!
There are 7 of us so far and I think we all agree that this is the coolest thing we have ever worked on.

I wish I could "work magic with javascript and jQuery"... Sad
But the JS I code at my painfully boring job is not really complicated and I've no experience with jquery.
Maybe as a C++ programmer?

Maybe when the project gets bigger there's a place for me, didn't know you were only 7 guys.

Good luck with this project anyway.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 07:39:29 PM

You need to get jtimon working with you'll on this.

He has a fantastic understanding and implementation of Bitcoin.

jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 08:46:30 PM

You need to get jtimon working with you'll on this.

He has a fantastic understanding and implementation of Bitcoin.

Thank you for your support, Benson, but you're probably being too kind. I think I understand it well but I have no implementation of Bitcoin, I'm just slowly trying to start helping Mark with Freicoin's code.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:01:18 AM

I have extensive experience with GWT (Google Web Toolkit).  Some jQuery.
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 11:27:18 AM

come on, guys! what is this project about?

fuck you have so many good/interesting people involved already, including probably the creator of bitcoin itself Smiley, i know it's going to change everything.

announce!
slothbag

Activity: 369

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:19:28 AM

Sounds very interesting.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rippleusers/IVin3Qwrp7k
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:52:58 AM

Question: Is there a centralized double-spend database as in the documentation? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Nothing wrong with a centralized database, I'm just trying to understand the nature of the contribution here.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 08:46:07 PM

Question: Is there a centralized double-spend database as in the documentation? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Nothing wrong with a centralized database, I'm just trying to understand the nature of the contribution here.
Double spends are prevented by a public database that contains sufficient information to prevent them. We call it the "ledger" and it is somewhat analogous to the Bitcoin block chain.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
AndrewK

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 03:04:27 AM

I know a guru in Wilmington NC (he helps graduate students in my program on thesis/captone projects)... can contact him at the link below. He does consulting...

I am relatively new to the community and bitcoin itself so I don't know what you are looking to pay/offer in equity... and I understand if this is a probono/power to the people project.

He is however, one of the most productive programmers I've ever seen and an all around awesome guy.

http://www.stepquest.com/Home

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
paulie_w

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:35:32 AM

holy shit guys, you are making "Bitcoin 2" ?!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:41:34 AM

i've never even been able to find a photo of him.

from his linkedin profile:

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
paulie_w

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:04:09 PM

guys will you be doing any kind of (crowdfunding-level) public fundraising/offering? i would like to participate with some btc.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 07:54:30 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 08:32:09 AM by cunicula

Double spends are prevented by a public database that contains sufficient information to prevent them. We call it the "ledger" and it is somewhat analogous to the Bitcoin block chain.

Since you didn't really answer the question.

Is there a central server or servers? If so, who controls these servers? How is the database updated? Through the central server or servers?

Again, there is nothing wrong with a central server or servers. But there is something wrong with doublespeak.
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 12:01:50 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 08:06:07 PM by jtimon

Is there a central server or servers? If so, who controls these servers? How is the database updated? Through the central server or servers?

Again, there is nothing wrong with a central server or servers. But there is something wrong with doublespeak.

The public database he is talking about is decentralized. In that sense the ledger is analogous to the proof of work chain. I would just call it the ledger chain to simplify things, but I'm not participating, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess there will be centralized seed servers or something and a centralized web providing some services, but since the protocol is going to be free software, anyone can provide the same services.

So the answer to your question is that: it will be a p2p protocol. Nice, don't you think?

cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

The public database his talking about is decentralized. In that sense the ledger is analogous the the proof of work chain. I would just call it the ledger chain to simplify things, but I'm not participating, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess there will be centralized seed servers or something and a centralized web providing some services, but since the protocol is going to be free software, anyone can provide the same services.

So the answer to your question is that: it will be a p2p protocol. Nice, don't you think?

Yes. I don't have any problem with centralized at all. I don't have a problem with Ripple either (though I am skeptical that it will find users). I just want things to be straightforward and open rather than spun.

Presumably there is a central authenticating server. And then if anyone can provide server. It probably means anyone who is authorized by the central server.

It might also mean that anyone can clone the program and run their own centralized authenticating server which forks from the main program and relies on the same user database. This is better than nothing.

All of the above is true of SolidCoin too. There was nothing wrong with SolidCoin's design in theory. However, it was run by a nutjob who hid things from people and constantly rewrote the rules. Anyone could have forked SolidCoin and prevented him from controlling everything. But they didn't. Instead they just let SolidCoin happen.

If you want to avoid a SolidCoin-like user experience, it would be best to put the all the information on the table instead of hide things.
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 12:36:51 PM

You don't think it will have users? I guess you think the same about colored coins, because it's basically the same thing.

I don't know if they're working on authentication, but it would be useful for many use cases. Not all of them need it though. In any case, that can be outside of the protocol and there's no reason to fork the protocol to have a free market of "certificators".

I'm impatient about the public launch too. I'm sure they will put all the information out there when they're ready.

Not sure what solid coin is hiding because I haven't followed that project but, isn't it free software? I though bitcoin had copyleft. In any case I don't think a non backed digital currency can work without being free software. Maybe they just lack the time to document it properly.

CIYAM
Legendary

Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 12:45:18 PM

I thought bitcoin had copyleft. In any case I don't think a non backed digital currency can work without being free software. Maybe they just lack the time to document it properly.

Bitcoin is not GNU software - it's under the MIT/X11 license which basically allows for "open slather" rather than "copy left".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:11:23 PM

I thought bitcoin had copyleft. In any case I don't think a non backed digital currency can work without being free software. Maybe they just lack the time to document it properly.

Bitcoin is not GNU software - it's under the MIT/X11 license which basically allows for "open slather" rather than "copy left".

Thank you for the clarification. It's free software but without copyleft. I sometimes get lost with so many licenses.
Anyway, you can't make digital cash (and by cash I mean e-gold was credit) with secret software, accepting that would be foolish.
Solidcoin must be free software or its users are simply idiots.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

Anyway, you can't make digital cash (and by cash I mean e-gold was credit) with secret software, accepting that would be foolish.
Solidcoin must be free software or its users are simply idiots.

Very true - AFAICT the author was not into creating anything other than a way to "get rich quick" from the work of Satoshi (so not surprisingly it has gone nowhere).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:37:12 PM

Maybe as a C++ programmer?

You might be interested in my soon to be released open source C++ web application platform - the very first application that it will support is actually a new model for funding projects with Bitcoin (think crowd-funding down to the individual git pull request merge) which will be used to help develop the platform (which already consists of around 250K lines of C++) and for which I will be injecting a significant amount of BTC to get things moving.

(send me a PM for more details if interested)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: