Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any possibility to hit the Litecoin price @ $600 ?  (Read 2006 times)
ammy009 (OP)

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:24:26 PM

Hi guys,

Is there any possibility to hit the Litecoin price @ $600 ?

If possible then when ---

A. 2025
B. 2035
C. 2045
D. Huh

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:27:48 PM

who knows, but i'd say if it happens it'll be sooner then any time frame you indicate

personally wouldn't be surprised with a $200+ 20015/16
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:35:27 PM

If one day bitcoin price hit $100,000, litecoin will possibly hit $600! No one knows! But IM it will take at least 10 years!
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:04:51 PM

Anything is possible, but seriously doubt that it'll ever break $10 again. There is just no reason for the demand to hit those levels because the alt market has become diluted.

chakra74

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:42:36 PM

Like the previous poster stated, I'm not sure if it will ever go up very much.  I know Litecoin has a fair amount of network effect, but the coin really doesn't bring much new to the market over Bitcoin.

There's so many up and coming 2.0 coins that offer new solutions that I don't know if people will continue to cling onto Litecoin.  Bitcoin has passed the point where its network effect can be toppled but I'm not sure you can say the same thing for Litecoin.  Within the next couple years Bitcoin is going to implement new systems that will make the use of Litcoin almost redundant simply because there's so many developers working on Bitcoin.

I hope you're right though, and there is a massive alt-coin future ahead of us.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

In crypto never say never, but I think we can risk saying unlikely. Or more accurately, it's quite unlikely in the foreseeable future. Of course I can completely wrong on this.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:17:04 PM

Non mineable coins have the problem that they are diluted for ever and ever because new improved non minable coins come out every single day. You cant stop development and greedy devs.
You will not see another successful minable coin because it can not compete with existing once. To overcome inflation it must be a scam or some kind of fraud behind.

It is a bit akin to:
not minable = parallel ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| a new starter forever (new coin not handicapped in any way to existing once)
minable = serial ---------------- you build on top whats there

At current price ~$57,000.00 USD is invested in Litecoin every single day and halving is coming up in 2, 3 months
Lastly, $600 is not much at all in a hyperinflation scenario.......... use btc as base!
ammy009 (OP)

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 04:34:28 PM

Anything is possible, but seriously doubt that it'll ever break $10 again. There is just no reason for the demand to hit those levels because the alt market has become diluted.

Good Point. Any altcoin market has less demand .....

In 2014 BTC price hits $1200 & LTC price hits $50 ... so, 1 BTC = 24 LTC
Now, in 2015 BTC hits $230 & LTC price hits $1 ... so, 1 BTC = 230 LTC

So, what do you think ?

damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:56:03 PM

With inflation sure it's possible...  come the (inevitable) day when $600 doesn't leave much change after you've bought loaf of bread.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:07:16 PM

I doubt it that Litecoin will ever been reaching the old highs again. The devs behind the coin screwed it up!
dragontail

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:32:35 PM

Litecoin will never again cross 5$ ,it may hit a price of 3$ during next reward halving .
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:45:40 PM

LOL. Dollars ($)

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:16:57 PM

With inflation sure it's possible...  come the (inevitable) day when $600 doesn't leave much change after you've bought loaf of bread.

That's a point I hadn't considered. In fifty years time a good weeks wages by today's standards will only buy you half a pack of cigarettes. Before I read your comment I automatically dismissed the possibility of Litecoin reaching $600, but now I think it's possible if it's still around in fifty years.

However the OP probably wants to know if it can reach $600 in the next few years, which I doubt.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:26:10 PM

I say hell no !
If you had asked OP if it would get to a high value next few years vs $600 then *maybe ?
600 is an awful lot and faaaar higher than it's historic high way back when BTC hit 1k a coin.
I was trading LTC way back then before and after and I owe Litecoin a lot for earning me money.
It was easier to get into this stuff thanks to LTC being the no. 2 coin

The question is does LTC have a bright looking future ? I have to say no it looks bleak to be honest.
I have none but I would not be bothered to see it rocket up in value.. I am kind of rooting for it  Shocked
Why bleak is too much to explain.. ask someone else for that. (we all mostly seem to agree on LTC's position)

The inflation issue won't matter either I can't see anyone caring about Litecoin in 50 years.

FUD first & ask questions later™
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:50:05 PM

who knows, but i'd say if it happens it'll be sooner then any time frame you indicate

personally wouldn't be surprised with a $200+ 20015/16

i think you may be on target with the prediction.. accounting for inflation, regardless of how poorly ltc is valued by the years 20,015 - 20,016 ltc can definitely be worth $200+ usd
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:22:39 PM

LTC should be worth about 600 SATOSHI, it offers absolutely nothing over the other 900 shitcoins.
God27

Activity: 364

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:33:24 AM

All altcoins will be worth pennies on the dollar even with inflation.  Its just a matter of time.  Not if but when. However, in the meantime there is money to be made.

LTC will still be fun and remembered as a success and still be used. But more like 600 for a pizza.

not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:52:50 AM

If Bitcoin forks into two coins with the Gavin-attack (in case too many people update to xt) LTC will certainly hit three digits.
So 600$ is possible next year already in case btc dissolves.

Zetacoin Express

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:38:45 PM

If Bitcoin forks into two coins with the Gavin-attack (in case too many people update to xt) LTC will certainly hit three digits.
So 600$ is possible next year already in case btc dissolves.

Bitcoin will not fork into 2 coins.
If 80% of the miners update to XT then the new rules kick in. Bitcoin XT will be Bitcoin.  The remaining 20% get left behind and forgotten.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:05:53 AM

I'm not sure but based on my analysis of the data, Litecoin might never again reach $2.00.

Roll Eyes

lol only took like 2 days for you to be wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: