Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Locked account - TheAnalogKid  (Read 899 times)
PrimeMover (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:28:32 PM

Posting here, since I've seen no reply yet to either the PM or e-mail.  Hoping this can catch some eyes.

Last Sunday I was coming home from a trip.  Was logged in during the morning, but sometime between leaving the hotel and getting home, my account became locked out.  Not sure the exact reason, but attempting to use the recovery e-mail function resulted in some sort of "your account must be activated" error.  I'm using this account in the meantime, hoping the other can be unlocked OK.

The good news is that I don't think the account has been hacked, since it's been offline since Sunday with no reported account activity since then.

In any case, here goes:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account TheAnalogKid has been hacked/lost. Please send the recovery e-mail to either address, the one for this account or the one for TheAnalogKid account. The current date is 6/12/2015 2:27PM EST.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
13PJEH3qjea9dX6ztfehY6bBsCUDAxpZiT
H/g/377ujm8q1IW4qk6vTxr9FEgdkDJ/d2k7yP8DTgZUbAGk5PVRw9wBlWkdPRaLQtWMOjtd/GPydHSILqdFazI=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

This address is still in the public profile for my other account, and is also referenced in posts made here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067618.0
and here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064802.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:50:17 PM

Posting here, since I've seen no reply yet to either the PM or e-mail.  Hoping this can catch some eyes.

Last Sunday I was coming home from a trip.  Was logged in during the morning, but sometime between leaving the hotel and getting home, my account became locked out.  Not sure the exact reason, but attempting to use the recovery e-mail function resulted in some sort of "your account must be activated" error.  I'm using this account in the meantime, hoping the other can be unlocked OK.

The good news is that I don't think the account has been hacked, since it's been offline since Sunday with no reported account activity since then.

In any case, here goes:

My account TheAnalogKid has been hacked/lost. Please send the recovery e-mail to either address, the one for this account or the one for TheAnalogKid account. The current date is 6/12/2015 2:27PM EST.
H/g/377ujm8q1IW4qk6vTxr9FEgdkDJ/d2k7yP8DTgZUbAGk5PVRw9wBlWkdPRaLQtWMOjtd/GPydHSILqdFazI=
A

This address is still in the public profile for my other account, and is also referenced in posts made here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067618.0
and here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064802.0

Signature verified. perm link.

It looks like that address is also in your profile.

When you try to reset your password, have you tried resetting by email address, and if so, what happens? If the above message that you are reporting is what you get when you reset via email, then it is possible that your email address somehow became disassociated with your account.

I might suggest resigning a message that specifies which email address you want your password reset to.

Edit, I also see that you never posted that address, but the address was posted by others. If you like I can either post or PM you a txid that you sent me when you purchased some coins from me and you could sign a message from the address that signed that txid. Then I could report the message to badbear asking him to help you. I think it would be reasonable to say that you controlled that address and would be reasonable proof that you are the true owner of the account, although it could be an exchange address
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:29:54 PM

I hope that admin will help recover TheAnalogKid account.
TheAnalogKid is a great asset to the community, both active in Nastyfans and a serious physical coin collector.

Theymos write:
Do not create your temporary account using the same email address you want for the hacked/lost account. No two accounts can have the same email address.

He wrote it with bold, so he is properly serious about it.

The addy 13PJEH3qjea9dX6ztfehY6bBsCUDAxpZiT is posted here, last edit was before the account was lost:
Primemover is indeed in control of this addy.

I also have unique evidence in my PM's that show that Primemover is TheAnalog kid (msg3751346 and msg3749744), which could be used by the admin if needed.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:50:07 PM

I can also vouch that TheAnalogKid is very pleasant to work with. From the looks of it, the first person to post in this thread is the same person as TheAnalogKid.

If the admins help anyone with this type of request they should help people who are pleasant to work with/to trade with and not to trolls and scammers. 

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:01:12 PM

I know when IronMarvel had his account hacked https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=924237.msg10352045#msg10352045 BadBear reinstated it for him after trying for days with theymos and other failed methods.

BadBear profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41911

Good luck Smiley.
PrimeMover (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:58:11 PM

Thanks folks, I appreciate the support... Smiley

Quickseller - I appreciate the offer for the TX id proof, will let you know if I need to go that far Smiley

When I try to reset the account by sending an e-mail to the address in that profile, that's when I get that error message.  It's possible that something funky happened to it when the account got locked out.  It was working up until that point because as early as Sunday morning before the issue I was receiving e-mail notifications from the forum on PM's that were sent to me.  Since then all e-mail notifications have stopped (which may be part of the locking security I suppose).  And, you are correct, I never did post my address in the forums on my own, it was in that thread where we were doing the CK Solo pool that it was posted I believe first by Johhnybravo - I figured since it matched my profile I was good to go.  Once I can get this resolved, however, I do intend to correct that and post up in a new thread with a signed message to archive for this purpose.  I might build a new wallet first just in case, and then setup a new address to be used from there.  Either way I've learned that lesson for sure.

As for which e-mail address to use, this account and my TAK account have different e-mail accounts tied to them (since they're hidden from public view the mods should be able to verify that).  Matters not to me where the password reset e-mail goes to, but I can see the reasoning to not just send it over to the address in the lost/compromised account, in case that e-mail is compromised as well.  I am trying to avoid posting my e-mail address in public for obvious reasons (spam, hacking, etc), but if I need to in order to sign another message, I'll do so.

If more verification is needed, I just completed a purchase with smoothie with this new account, and also one with monkeynuts, escrowed with OgNasty, which was started under my TAK account and finished under this one.  I can ask them to verify my identity as well.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:11:32 AM

Thanks folks, I appreciate the support... Smiley

Quickseller - I appreciate the offer for the TX id proof, will let you know if I need to go that far Smiley

When I try to reset the account by sending an e-mail to the address in that profile, that's when I get that error message.  It's possible that something funky happened to it when the account got locked out.  It was working up until that point because as early as Sunday morning before the issue I was receiving e-mail notifications from the forum on PM's that were sent to me.  Since then all e-mail notifications have stopped (which may be part of the locking security I suppose).  And, you are correct, I never did post my address in the forums on my own, it was in that thread where we were doing the CK Solo pool that it was posted I believe first by Johhnybravo - I figured since it matched my profile I was good to go.  Once I can get this resolved, however, I do intend to correct that and post up in a new thread with a signed message to archive for this purpose.  I might build a new wallet first just in case, and then setup a new address to be used from there.  Either way I've learned that lesson for sure.

As for which e-mail address to use, this account and my TAK account have different e-mail accounts tied to them (since they're hidden from public view the mods should be able to verify that).  Matters not to me where the password reset e-mail goes to, but I can see the reasoning to not just send it over to the address in the lost/compromised account, in case that e-mail is compromised as well.  I am trying to avoid posting my e-mail address in public for obvious reasons (spam, hacking, etc), but if I need to in order to sign another message, I'll do so.

If more verification is needed, I just completed a purchase with smoothie with this new account, and also one with monkeynuts, escrowed with OgNasty, which was started under my TAK account and finished under this one.  I can ask them to verify my identity as well.

Try BadBear mate it worked for IronMarvel Smiley.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 08:30:09 AM

Once you got your TAK account back, then would I recommend to stake you addy in Tomatocage's thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0;topicseen

TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:54:14 PM

Woo!  I'm back in the saddle again.  Wink

Hedgy you were spot on, BadBear pm'd me and did the reset. 

I'm out at the moment but will sign a new message and post here in a couple hours for verification when I get back to a computer.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:57:55 PM

I'm out at the moment but will sign a new message and post here in a couple hours for verification when I get back to a computer.

That's great news I'm very pleased for you. Good old BadBear saves the day again Grin.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:08:36 PM

your trust rating: Huh: -1 / +4. freakin emoticon...

might wanna PM shorena to get that red trust removed. I don't think he/she are aware of this yet..
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:12:13 PM

Great news!
Welcome back TAK.

You need to contact shorena (he neg'ed you for security reasons)  and convince him that you are in control of you account again. 

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:21:22 PM

Congrats, TheAnalogKid and keep up the good work, BadBear!

might wanna PM shorena to get that red trust removed. I don't think he/she are aware of this yet..

Shorena is offline atm. He will remove it when he comes.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:24:12 PM

Woo!  I'm back in the saddle again.  Wink

That's great news I'm very pleased for you. Good old BadBear saves the day again Grin.
It looks like BadBear isn't so bad after all.  Tongue

I'm glad you got your account back
TheAnalogKid

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:26:26 PM

Yeah I noticed the trust.  I wanted to post first and get re-verified before I reached out to shorena. 

Smiley
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 04:38:47 PM

Yeah I noticed the trust.  I wanted to post first and get re-verified before I reached out to shorena. 

Smiley

its gone.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
TheAnalogKid

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:51:09 PM

Thanks shorena!

So, here's a signed message to verify that I am indeed back in control over my original account:

My account TheAnalogKid has been restored by BadBear, and I am now back in control over it. The current date is 6/13/2015 12:50PM EST.
H/qmd7Coa3W4RXa1/EruD5LCF7ZaeYWFUuUx5oBNoF3hpILAl98CUtWZGdR3kU0uTaVHuu2qbTG3jzwUpWAPrNc=

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 05:13:36 PM

Thanks shorena!

So, here's a signed message to verify that I am indeed back in control over my original account:

My account TheAnalogKid has been restored by BadBear, and I am now back in control over it. The current date is 6/13/2015 12:50PM EST.
H/qmd7Coa3W4RXa1/EruD5LCF7ZaeYWFUuUx5oBNoF3hpILAl98CUtWZGdR3kU0uTaVHuu2qbTG3jzwUpWAPrNc=

verified, quick link. Thanks

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: