Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:00:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FreeBazaar - OpenBazaar with Monero  (Read 8735 times)
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:29:13 PM

Atrides,
Now that you've had a chance familiarize yourself with OpenBazaar, can you describe what needs to be done to make it compatible with XMR and estimate how long it would take to do it? Also, what are the obstacles to completing the project as you initially proposed. Are there technical difficulties? Do you need help?
Best,
pa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:25:22 AM

Atrides,
Now that you've had a chance familiarize yourself with OpenBazaar, can you describe what needs to be done to make it compatible with XMR and estimate how long it would take to do it? Also, what are the obstacles to completing the project as you initially proposed. Are there technical difficulties? Do you need help?
Best,
pa

bump for Atrides to see
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:17:03 AM

stealthcoin people already think way ahead of monero about fork openbazaar but their side seem pretty quite lately

StealthCoin/StealthSend based Openbazaar will be more trustless and thus more anonymous.

As far as Monero does not have multisig feature, StealthCoin can develop multisig feature. This means that StealthCoin can be used in 2 party (trustless) escrow. 
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879

monero

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:02:34 AM

stealthcoin people already think way ahead of monero about fork openbazaar but their side seem pretty quite lately

StealthCoin/StealthSend based Openbazaar will be more trustless and thus more anonymous.

As far as Monero does not have multisig feature, StealthCoin can develop multisig feature. This means that StealthCoin can be used in 2 party (trustless) escrow.  

Grin lots of uninformed shilling in this board today.

on topic: I doubt we'll ever see any real results or prompt repsonses by atrides. not sure if he can already be considered scammer, but I wouldnt be surprised, if we never hear from him again.

I remember that there was also more than one complain about the payout of his xmr-pool.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:18:36 PM

I'd really like to see one of these decentralised markets that allows the possibility to accept many different alt coins. Maybe people might have a use for all those cannabis coins then  Grin. Can't wait for these type of markets to become the norm.

You do not need any other coin but Monero.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:44:54 AM

He maybe not the one most talky.... but hey he opened this thread when he already could have gone away
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:06:44 AM

He maybe not the one most talky.... but hey he opened this thread when he already could have gone away

He opened this thread 1h after I posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg11601988#msg11601988
And he shouldn't go away because he has a well-known mining pool running, that keeps generating money. This might be a good reason to drag everything for as long as people have patience... (not saying this is what he does, just that the incentive exists).
Now I got refunded what I asked (50% of my donations), and this is none of my business anymore. But folks, my advise: having more patience than me and being delusional are two different things.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879

monero

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:26:23 AM

so, any news atrides?

at least openbazaar is developing quite fine: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3e1aeb/openbazaar_and_ob1_to_launch_by_thanksgiving_2015/

Atrides (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Atrides,
Best,
pa

so, any news atrides?

at least openbazaar is developing quite fine: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3e1aeb/openbazaar_and_ob1_to_launch_by_thanksgiving_2015/

I will answer together. Yes, I'm still working on it.
The main problem in OB is hardcoded bitcoin integration. If they will make it a little expansible, it will be great. But currently state of OB - extremely closed to BTC.
My patches integrate XMR support, but it looks like "side/non-main coin".
If OB don't want to separate coin-code and market-code, then we have only two ways:
1) keep FB and always update it with OB patches. May be they will accept our patches, but I'm sceptical due to hardcoded BTC.
2) separate branches and have completely own way.

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:58:49 AM

2.5 months later...

any updates?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:08:44 AM

2.5 months later...

any updates?

Once upon a time this was an exciting project to watch develop
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:16:44 PM

So with the alledged OpenBazaar release coming up, it would be a good time to provide us with your curren thought regarding the project. If you are not going forward with it, I suggest you just donate the remaining funds to the dev fund or ask your donators what they would want you to do with it.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:35:53 PM

Maybe a better implementation is Bitmarkets' idea.

https://voluntary.net/bitmarkets/

https://voluntary.net/bitmarkets/slides/Bitmarkets.pdf

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Atrides (OP)

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 12:19:05 PM

So with the alledged OpenBazaar release coming up, it would be a good time to provide us with your curren thought regarding the project. If you are not going forward with it, I suggest you just donate the remaining funds to the dev fund or ask your donators what they would want you to do with it.

Yes, they will be ready soon, and during current work OB-devs changed a lot. What breaks my code permanently.
Therefore I'll release a new fork with actually synchronized status in some days after official release.

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
newb4now

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:59:18 PM

Yes, they will be ready soon, and during current work OB-devs changed a lot. What breaks my code permanently.
Therefore I'll release a new fork with actually synchronized status in some days after official release.

Are you saying it will only take a few days to complete after they release? You code quickly!
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:12:16 PM

Are you saying it will only take a few days to complete after they release? You code quickly!

No he's only saying it will take few days so that what was working before will be working again.
You can call this "completing" if you wish, but you'll be the only one. It was actually fairly little, and that's why it won't take long to (re)adapt it.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:39:39 AM

tracker dot

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
newb4now

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:45:37 AM

When the happens the visibility of Monero will improve significantly.
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:36:59 PM

Is this project still alive?
Atrides (OP)

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:26:08 AM

Is this project still alive?

Yes, but the code of OpenBazaar v2.0 is completely different from v1.0 and changed continuously before release.
So I'll releaze FreeBazaar (XMR-Version) after official release of OB.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: