Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:03:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economy vs EARTH how will be the future?  (Read 3015 times)
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:24:00 AM

Combustion of Fossil Fuels, for electricity generation, transportation, and heating, and also the manufacture of cement, all result in the total worldwide emission of about 22 billion tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere each year. About a third of this comes from electricity generation, and another third from transportation, and a third from all other sources.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbase

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:26:38 AM

Economy up and Earth invisible. That too, the richest surviving, the poor gone. Trend these days seems to be going that direction only. Everyone wants to build sky-scrapers, big industries, modern houses, latest cars. Nobody focussing on reversing these things.  Angry

That's so true! It's sad but true that in some parts of the world scientists are toiling day and night to save the environment while in the other, people are living in self consumption, obsessively spending and living lives as they hardly care, but they fail to understand that nature knows how to get the shit off its back. Earthquakes, tsunamis etc doesn't spare any ass...whether rich or not it gets beaten.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:53:09 AM

Combustion of Fossil Fuels, for electricity generation, transportation, and heating, and also the manufacture of cement, all result in the total worldwide emission of about 22 billion tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere each year. About a third of this comes from electricity generation, and another third from transportation, and a third from all other sources.

It is very vital to take such issues seriously. Consumerism has gripped its ugly hands on the humans and we are unable to free ourselves from its clutches. When there are workshops and meetings to discuss such issues people do attend it but rather than taking concrete steps all they do is blame each other. If every human checks himself half the problem gets solved.

Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:14:12 PM

well we advanced soo fast on the last years ,we need really to slow down otherwise the future will be compromised already feeling  year by year the sun gets more hot and the cold getting more cold.... soo enviroment will affect economy global if people just dont stop think on money.... the bills of abuse EARTH will come slow but we cant recover anymore after taking the first step.

Several countries started to face problems about green moviments that should be respected over the world...

Are you kidding? technology is literally pushing us ahead of the time. Environment today is being redeemed to it's fullest because of technology. We ARE living in the future right now. Because of tech. we were able to explore not only Earth but also the outer world , the whole universe. I agree that global issues are rising,  but it has nothing to do with how advanced we've become.
needFREElunch

Activity: 196

Hi

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:18:44 PM

We are damaging the earth in the name of Economic progress. I believe we must focus more on our survival than on our wallets. Earth over Economy anyday!

stallion

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:00:03 PM

We are damaging the earth in the name of Economic progress. I believe we must focus more on our survival than on our wallets. Earth over Economy anyday!

I think economy, technology and nature can all work together with hand in hand, as they all co-depend on each other in one way or other. What we need is proper rendering of plans, allocation and protectionn of resources and proper economic strategies.

BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:06:15 PM

Who knows what the future will hold and what role the economy will play in it, but I do believe that humans one day will need to leave planet earth in order to further and insure the species' survival. Kind of like how they do it in the movie Interstellar.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:37:51 PM

Who knows what the future will hold and what role the economy will play in it, but I do believe that humans one day will need to leave planet earth in order to further and insure the species' survival. Kind of like how they do it in the movie Interstellar.

A project called MARS One has been initiated to begin civilization outside Earth, on planet mars. They plan to take the finest humans from Earth and begin creating a new world in mars, expanding humanity to another planet. It has never  happened before, such an initiative has never been even made before. It would be exciting to see humans go destroy another planet now hahaha Tongue
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:14:47 PM

A project called MARS One has been initiated to begin civilization outside Earth, on planet mars. They plan to take the finest humans from Earth and begin creating a new world in mars, expanding humanity to another planet. It has never  happened before, such an initiative has never been even made before. It would be exciting to see humans go destroy another planet now hahaha Tongue

Dude, I've heard about Mars one but I find it real shit. They have kept delaying their dead lines and I even heard the seats of all those prestigious individualists to begin civilization in mars have been bought by a group of rich secret millionaires. This kind of shit really upsets me and I don't really find any vision and belief in the CEO of Mars One.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:56:07 PM

Dude, I've heard about Mars one but I find it real shit. They have kept delaying their dead lines and I even heard the seats of all those prestigious individualists to begin civilization in mars have been bought by a group of rich secret millionaires. This kind of shit really upsets me and I don't really find any vision and belief in the CEO of Mars One.

The only person I feel capable enough of putting the human race on earth on any other planet is none other than Elon Musk. He is the CEO of Tesla industries and SpaceEx. He is totally a real life Tony Stark. Young, philanthropist billionaire. I believe in him and his projects. He has plans to expand humans out of earth and I think he can really fucking make it happen, not some mars one bullshit.
jenifer0012

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:08:55 AM

What''s the point of all the money if you're not alive to spend it? That's the situation today. However people are dumb enough to value their money over the very earth that's keeping them alive. The so called Economical progress is destroying the earth already. We should focus on sustainable use of resources at the moment.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:56:07 AM

well we advanced soo fast on the last years ,we need really to slow down otherwise the future will be compromised already feeling  year by year the sun gets more hot and the cold getting more cold.... soo enviroment will affect economy global if people just dont stop think on money.... the bills of abuse EARTH will come slow but we cant recover anymore after taking the first step.

Several countries started to face problems about green moviments that should be respected over the world...

Green movements will die so as the earth. I do not think that most of the countries will last for more than 40-50 years. Either most of those will get abandoned by the people themselves, or those places will not remain healthy enough for a human being to survive.

Wow, that's a dark perspective. I think there are hundreds of years to come, don't you worry about it. However, I would like to believe that machines learn new things through AI (artificial intelligence) and take over something which we created, our earth. Soon we become their slaves and our population reduces and we become extinct in a thousand years. We were destroyed by something we gave birth to. Irony.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 09:35:53 AM

Elon musk has plans to colonise mars and other planets and has already started extensive work which seems really promising.

Conquering another planet is rational as resources another earth won't last forever.

Yeah, I find a lot of trust and sincerity in the works of Elon Musk. Genius, philanthropist billionaire Wink Owner of SpaceEx and Tesla Industries. His recent work regarding colonizing mars sounds like a really elegant, organized and great plan. I think he has the right capabilities to take humans out to civilize on another planet, I have no faith in Mars One project.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:58:28 PM

What is the point of having money and not living? I mean how can we even compare these two. A sane person would lend his land for saving the earth rather than using it to grab a bundle of notes which will render useless to him in the long run. Behind this illusion of 'progress' we are causing a lot of damage to our earth. Sustainable development is what we need at the moment. People should realize that survival is more important than economy and should work for it!

moneyflow

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:14:00 PM

"with my mind on my money and my money on my mind". Most of the people have only one thing in their mind - "MONEY". But what are you going to do with that money when you're sleeping forever in a grave? People need to wake up and realize that saving the earth is the priority at the moment. It doesn't mean that we stop earning but simply implies that stop destroying the earth for some money. If you cannot contribute to saving the environment, you have no right to damage it as well.
Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:06:45 AM

Green movements will die so as the earth. I do not think that most of the countries will last for more than 40-50 years. Either most of those will get abandoned by the people themselves, or those places will not remain healthy enough for a human being to survive.

Wow, that's a dark perspective. I think there are hundreds of years to come, don't you worry about it. However, I would like to believe that machines learn new things through AI (artificial intelligence) and take over something which we created, our earth. Soon we become their slaves and our population reduces and we become extinct in a thousand years. We were destroyed by something we gave birth to. Irony.

I agree to your point. It is true and so ironic. But it is unlikely that that is going to happen . Machines are created  to make human life easier , not to ' take over' their life . Although looking at all the things  happening 'round the world, there's a chance it might  be a possibility.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:25:23 AM

I agree to your point. It is true and so ironic. But it is unlikely that that is going to happen . Machines are created  to make human life easier , not to ' take over' their life . Although looking at all the things  happening 'round the world, there's a chance it might  be a possibility.

Dude what are you talking about? There is a robot out there which can learn to have new 'emotions and feelings' regarding others. That was the only thing which kept us different from humans. There are robots out there learning from their own mistakes. If all these machine expand and humans start RELYING over them, it won't be far that machines take over the world. LOL. Go watch terminator Tongue
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:47:51 AM

If we exchange environment with economy, we are happy to see the prosperity and economic success. Although we get richer and live better, but the air and water quality becomes worse! We don't have clean air to breathe and clean water to drink! Even we got plenty of money and we still cannot recover the damaged environment!

Natural resources cannot be replaced, that's  the inevitable truth. We have advanced technology at our perusal and scientists are still advancing in their quest at supersonic speed with newer tech savvy gadgets etc but as we all have studied in Environmental Studies that some natural resources just  cannot be replicated and replaced. Some natural disasters also signal us at our lacuna but are we paying attention?

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:31:13 PM

You're wrong I think. It is not the "fast" the problem but the "way in which the world goes fast". In other words I believe that faster we can go forward in every field of life (including the economy) better will every human being. But this faster must be fair with environment. We must adopt the technologies which don't damage it. There are to many and there will be even more in the future. If we adopt this kind of technologies we will not have any kind of problem and the environment will be friendly with us. If wen will see only for the profit and not the other specifics in a adopted technology then can be problems. About the today days are to many the initiatives which require the substitution of the technologies which damage the environment with others friendly with it. One of those is the agreement about the reduction of the carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere (The Kyoto Protocol) which is a very important agreement. But there are even to many other more local or less known initiatives which want the friendship with environment. Such initiatives must be increased and not the reduction of the going forward of the world development.
EggShells

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:01:05 PM

The way our debt-money system works, almost all money is debt.  You might own your money outright, but whoever paid you that money, or whoever paid that entity the money (if you keep tracing back), borrowed the money.  So, there's always some investor still waiting to be paid back those dollars you own.

If the system as a whole doesn't generate enough profits to pay back those investors, it will implode, since investors will liquidate.  So, in countless ways, the system nudges everyone to pursue profit and economic growth at all cost.  (You notice that growth is universally loved by politicians of all parties.)  Issues such as the environment get addressed only when there is enough outcry from the public.  They are routinely ignored by the hands on the levers of power.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: