Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlas and a public plea  (Read 7622 times)
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:13:41 AM

This habit stems from my years on 4chan. I've managed to create pages of active topics and get away with it because I was Anonymous.

That's not the case here. I will really think before I create a new topic.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:19:52 AM

Is it just the number of posts that is bothering you? in a sort of "Do what you say you are going to do" sort of way? I agree

But apart from that, It hasn't stopped any business from occurring, so hey, better than the ponzi puppet pals having a mental breakdown again, Better than MNW pulling another "prank", Better than people attacking bitcoin for... well the things that make it brilliant...

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:29:48 AM

Let the guy wear himself out a little, he'll get tired after a week or so.

Are you fuckin' nuts? Wear himself out, hell! The more he's fed, the more active he gets.

That said, welcome back Atlas. Now go hunt down Matthew's hero-member account. I found it.

~Bruno~

PS: Not dissing you, ElectricMucus.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 05:15:20 AM

Atlas, the way you immediately went back to trolling yesterday with image macros and ad homs when I said something you didn't like doesn't bode well for your future here. Your only saving grace was you moderated yourself, so I let it go. I probably won't next time.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Xian01
Legendary

Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:29:48 AM

At the very least, if Atlas is going to be a part of these forums again, we should consider a "Scammer" label over his theft of CPU cycles for Bitcoin mining on webpages via Javascript, or a formal "Troll" tag.

I'm stunned that Atlas was allowed back considering his long history of drama.

He's back one day and already his posts are getting archived.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108663.0

I mean come on. The last thing this community needs is more crazy people and trolls.

EDIT: And as if to prove my point right on cue.

I'm so scared, BadBear.
Anyways, you define trolling as anything you don't like. I don't like your attitude, Mr. Troll. You treat me like trash and I won't stand under it.
Don't expect any respect from me. I've been patient with you in the past. I won't be any longer.

It's scheiße like this why he should not be allowed back.
Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:44:42 AM

BadBear dedicates some of his posts to defaming my name and person. That to me is outright trolling. As much as I hate him having some degree of control over my happiness, his speech pains me. It has been a huge mood killer.

I will not stand under that. I will not stand under a law that makes BadBear's verbal abuse acceptable.

I would prefer to be quiet but I am compelled to do otherwise. I only wish to attack the antagonistic actions of BadBear. Nothing more.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 06:25:16 AM

At the very least, if Atlas is going to be a part of these forums again, we should consider a "Scammer" label over his theft of CPU cycles for Bitcoin mining on webpages via Javascript, or a formal "Troll" tag.

I mean come on. The last thing this community needs is more crazy people and trolls.

I'm so scared, BadBear.
Anyways, you define trolling as anything you don't like. I don't like your attitude, Mr. Troll. You treat me like trash and I won't stand under it.
Don't expect any respect from me. I've been patient with you in the past. I won't be any longer.

+1

And I don't want respect, I just want you to stop trolling and being disruptive. And yes I consider image macros and ad homs trolling.

Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:28:44 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 06:59:49 AM by Atlas

I'm so scared, BadBear.

+1

And I don't want respect, I just want you to stop trolling and being disruptive. And yes I consider image macros and ad homs trolling.

I do not intentionally disrupt people. I do not troll. It's not my fault people do not agree with what I say or who I am. It's not my fault that some people may become emotionally off-kilter around me.

In fact, I have yet to see concrete evidence that a good majority of my posts can be considered "trolling" or disruptive. I think it's just a slur for "I don't like you."

Additionally, I would encourage you to provide evidence of me using an ad hominem as a backing to a subject-based argument. As far as I see, that is unfounded. In fact my actions lack real notability as compared to more intentional trolling done by you or others.

You citing that I was so unintelligent as to not recognize what an escrow is in a previous discussion does not lend you much credence. You, my friend, disrupted that discussion. You, yourself, have been trolling. You, yourself, created an ad hominem. So to say you are serving a greater good of preventing trolling and disruption is hypocritical to me. Trolling by you seems to be justice while all else is crime.
Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:55:37 AM

I encourage you to prove me incorrect and flawed, BadBear. I would genuinely appreciate it if you did.
Xian01
Legendary

Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:06:02 AM

I encourage you to prove me incorrect and flawed, BadBear. I would genuinely appreciate it if you did.

I would encourage you to seek professional psychiatric help. I would genuinely appreciate it if you did.

Despite your facade of being an intellectual, you ironically lack the meta awareness of your own hypocrisy and naivety.
Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:09:53 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 07:26:13 AM by Atlas

I would encourage you to seek professional psychiatric help. I would genuinely appreciate it if you did.

Despite your facade of being an intellectual, you ironically lack the meta awareness of your own hypocrisy and naivety.

You have the option of showing me the intentional disruption I purportedly cause. You also have the option of continuing to lambaste my mental health and supposed lack of intelligence, which could be considered trolling by an egalitarian interpretation of the word.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 07:47:21 AM

Wow, didn't think you'd edit posts and outright lie. That's a shame. Contrary to what you think I don't dislike you, you do bring about good discussion on your good days and are mostly harmless. Didn't think you'd stoop so low though.

Anyway you haven't done it since so my job is done. Wink

Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:49:17 AM

Wow, didn't think you'd edit posts and outright lie. That's a shame. Contrary to what you think I don't dislike you, you do bring about good discussion on your good days and are mostly harmless. Didn't think you'd stoop so low though.

I assure you that no deceit is intended here but I could be wrong in one way or another.

It's been a pleasure.
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:51:13 AM

This habit stems from my years on 4chan. I've managed to create pages of active topics and get away with it because I was Anonymous.

That's not the case here. I will really think before I create a new topic.
Cancer
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:55:15 AM

who is this Atlas fella, care to give some background for us noobs?

I also don't know much about him. It took little to notice his contribution was completely worthless and he was a noise-generating cancer. That's what the ignore feature is for.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:56:18 AM

who is this Atlas fella, care to give some background for us noobs?

I also don't know much about him. It took little to notice his contribution was completely worthless and he was a noise-generating cancer. That's what the ignore feature is for.
What contribution was worthless?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 09:07:33 AM

I assure you that no deceit is intended here but I could be wrong in one way or another.

It's been a pleasure.

You need to calm down, Atlas.  I saw you edit out the giant middle finger directed to Bad Bear and edit out calling him an asshole and trying to lock the thread because you don't like where it's going.
Smiley

Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:09:26 AM

It's been a pleasure.

You need to calm down, Atlas.  I saw you edit out the giant middle finger directed to Bad Bear and edit out calling him an asshole and trying to lock the thread because you don't like where it's going.
Smiley
That was only a response to the trolling you committed. However, I'll let you have the win here: I troll'd for approximately a moment before I removed it.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

Yes, that's why I said I let it go, but you made a case out of it.

Atlas

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:18:35 AM

Yes, that's why I said I let it go, but you made a case out of it.

I see. Anyways, I'm done with this thread. I'm not of this much importance.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: