Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:01:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55258 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:11:07 PM

Flip, thanks for the link, by the way.  It's both flattering and unsettling to see, what I presume to be, grown adults gossiping about young people to dampen the misery in their own lives.

Well, back to work.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monster-Ant

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:37:34 PM

You don't do what you're good at, or what others tell you you're good at, you do what makes you happy.  Life isn't about money.
Spoken like a man who intends on being unemployed all his life.

To sustain life and have a certain quality of life requires money. Once you are done gathering basic necessities, you do what makes you happy. If you are lucky enough to like what gathers your basic necessities, then you are indeed blessed.

I used to design games and javascript codes when I was younger.  Didn't feel like it was for me, good experience though.

You think I don't do real work because it's not done the way you want it to.  You know nothing about how much work, or thought, I put into things.
Judging by your post history and the effort you've put toward being a rock star, I'd say I know about how much thought you put into things.

Which rates between how much thought a bee puts into astrophysics and how often a toddler thinks about being Gollum.

Anything I said before the last four months should be disregarded, I've changed a lot as a person.
Tell that to credit agencies. That dog don't hunt, monsignor. You don't get to just throw away the last 4 months and scream IGNORE THAT!

"Oh, you can't hold against me that 4 months ago I plowed my car into a bus while drunk, I've changed a lot as a person!"

Sorry, doesn't work that way. You ARE what your experiences are. People judge you by what you've done.
 I've abandoned hundreds of ideas for 'success' over my life, but only for better ones.
Have you EVER stuck with anything?

Because track records matter.
I do hope to get the lounge to a point where I can hire a manager and lay back on the work, but I'm fully committed to get it to that point of sustainability.
So your business plan consists of:
Get Loan
Huh?
Hire Manager
Profit!!!

Here's a hint, kid. Hire a manager OFF THE BAT.

Let's see, I can waste time earning minimum wage, getting 'experience', or I can just start my business and get experience.
What is it with you Captains of Industry thinking you'll just leap into owning businesses, being executives, and all that?

Know what experience you're accruing right now?

Nothing.
 I'm quite sure I know how to communicate to other humans, thanks for your concern.
I'm beginning to doubt you can successfully communicate to others any detail.
 Do leaders work for other people or do they lead for their selves?
First of all, it's themselves.

Second of all: Some of the greatest leaders in history work for others.

Even CEO's work for the board of directors, who work for the stockholders, who basically all work for someone else.

There is only a handful of people ON EARTH who don't work for someone else in some way.
I'm also very confident in my ability to look into potential employees.
I'm not very confident in your ability to put your pants on without somehow sticking your head in a fishtank.

By the way, I have one investor that will put $5000 towards the business, if the loan can be fulfilled.
By the way, I have one investor that will blargharlgeblargh...

Kid, you are so full of magical thinking that it's beginning to border on painful..

You people probably think my life plan is poorly thought out too, and that's the beauty of living in the moment, you don't have to plan out every part of something, it unravels before you, perfectly, if you just do what needs to be done.

You really have no clue about "Living in the moment" do you? You think that it makes you some kind of super-person who lives in the moment and thus everything will fall into your lap without a plan.

You need to learn to plan if you're going to succeed, even if you're going to live in the moment.

Goddamn, Dank, do you REALLY think this is going to work.

Oh, and that advice you keep saying is full of negativity and so is useless? A LOT of people have appreciated it.

But carry on with your "I live in the moment", get your brown paper bag, put it over your head, and dance in traffic.

I have only been playing for a couple months, like once a week.
Do you have ANY idea what kind of dedication and time it takes to learn an instrument?

Once a week?

To become truly proficient in ANYTHING requires more effort than 1x week for a few hours.
  I've been playing more 'full time' for like three weeks.
You haven't been playing "full time", you've been wasting your time on bullshit that won't come to anything.

Full time practice and playing is HOURS every day. Taking lessons, learning your instrument, experimenting, emulating, practicing.

A friend of mine plays bass for a local band. He practices EVERY DAY for 2-4 hours per day, even though he's been playing for almost a decade. He's always out to increase his skill, he's always practicing, he's always playing with other people to hone his skill.

Which is why he makes a living off of it.

Do you see the difference between what he does and what you do?
  I have a different playing style, don't you worry though, it will advance into wild, beautiful noise.  You don't need music 'fundamentals' to be good at an instrument, just ask Jimi.
Your style is nothing more than someone banging on the strings.

And you, sir, are no Jimi Hendrix.

Take a good look at his life, his career, his music. He dedicated himself to his guitar in a way that you can't even comprehend.

Christ, kid, so many people on this forum tried to help you reach your dream, for no other reason than they thought that you deserved a chance, and all you've done is make excuses, make wild claims, and proved to everyone that you can't be trusted to wave a sign on the corner for a mattress store, much less run a business.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:17:18 PM

Anything I said before the last four months should be disregarded, I've changed a lot as a person.
Tell that to credit agencies. That dog don't hunt, monsignor. You don't get to just throw away the last 4 months and scream IGNORE THAT!

"Oh, you can't hold against me that 4 months ago I plowed my car into a bus while drunk, I've changed a lot as a person!"

Sorry, doesn't work that way. You ARE what your experiences are. People judge you by what you've done.
 I've abandoned hundreds of ideas for 'success' over my life, but only for better ones.
Have you EVER stuck with anything?
I said before the last four months.  As in I have changed, grown up, a lot since the last year.  I've stuck with Dank Bank, Dank Digital Design and now my hookah lounge, haven't I?

There is only a handful of people ON EARTH who don't work for someone else in some way.
I'm also very confident in my ability to look into potential employees.
I'm not very confident in your ability to put your pants on without somehow sticking your head in a fishtank.

By the way, I have one investor that will put $5000 towards the business, if the loan can be fulfilled.
By the way, I have one investor that will blargharlgeblargh...

Kid, you are so full of magical thinking that it's beginning to border on painful..
My magical thinking is called positivity and good karma.

I have only been playing for a couple months, like once a week.
Do you have ANY idea what kind of dedication and time it takes to learn an instrument?

Once a week?

To become truly proficient in ANYTHING requires more effort than 1x week for a few hours.
 I've been playing more 'full time' for like three weeks.
You haven't been playing "full time", you've been wasting your time on bullshit that won't come to anything.

Full time practice and playing is HOURS every day. Taking lessons, learning your instrument, experimenting, emulating, practicing.

A friend of mine plays bass for a local band. He practices EVERY DAY for 2-4 hours per day, even though he's been playing for almost a decade. He's always out to increase his skill, he's always practicing, he's always playing with other people to hone his skill.

Which is why he makes a living off of it.
Maybe if I had access to a guitar I would have played more than once a week.  Is it not better than nothing?  I've been playing a few hours/day now, 5-6 on some days.

Good for your friend.

And you, sir, are no Jimi Hendrix.

Take a good look at his life, his career, his music. He dedicated himself to his guitar in a way that you can't even comprehend.

Christ, kid, so many people on this forum tried to help you reach your dream, for no other reason than they thought that you deserved a chance, and all you've done is make excuses, make wild claims, and proved to everyone that you can't be trusted to wave a sign on the corner for a mattress store, much less run a business.
What do you not understand about anybody is capable of anything?  Jimi just believed in his ability to play, just as I do.  He started playing when he was 15, do you think he sounded any better than me the second he got his guitar?

I've seen a lot more people here doubt my dream than support me in it. (Just like you)

Back to guitar.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:28:28 PM

I've seen a lot more people here doubt my dream than support me in it. (Just like you)

Of course.  Support and encouragement is something you seek from family, friends, peers and mentors.  Investors and lenders are only interested in whether or not they will make money by giving you funds and the onus is on you to persuade them that they will.  There are plenty of music boards if you're looking for encouragement, support and mentors, but expecting it from your lenders is like expecting it from your bank manager or credit card company.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:40:10 PM

I said before the last four months.
It doesn't work like that. You need to figure anything you've done in the last 5 years in relevant to your life. You can't just say: IGNORE HOW I RAN OVER A TODDLER WHEN I WAS DRUNK SIX MONTHS AGO!
 As in I have changed, grown up, a lot since the last year.
:facepalm:
 I've stuck with Dank Bank, Dank Digital Design and now my hookah lounge, haven't I?
Dank Bank looks like a hobby, your digital design business is just you drawing for people, and you DON'T HAVE A HOOKAH LOUNGE!

None of those three are a valid business of have required any effort in sustaining with the way you've been running them.

No, your magical thinking is called "Because I believe it will happen, it will!" and is exactly how a small child believes. I've read your nonsense about "living in the moment" and "strong soul" and all of that crap.

Good karma is called good karma, positivity is called positivity, your ENTIRE WORLD VIEW is based on magical thinking.

Maybe if I had access to a guitar I would have played more than once a week.
Read this over and over and over until it sinks in.

It's another long line of excuses. You expect people to invest in your hookah pipe dream when you couldn't even acquire a guitar to chase after your rockstar dream?

Your excuses make you look even more incompetent.

"I'd have been a Top Gun pilot, except I didn't have access to an F-16.
 Is it not better than nothing?  I've been playing a few hours/day now, 5-6 on some days.
So, wait, now you're playing that much, AND supposedly getting together the data for your hookah lounge?

Which is it, kid, music or hookah lounge?

Because all you're doing is showing you're making wild claims to support all of your claims, and it's getting ridiculous.

Good for your friend.
You don't get it, do you?

You really don't.

What do you not understand about anybody is capable of anything?
This is the most bullshit statement ever told to children, and you've latched onto it and made it your catch-phrase.

Like I stated before...

If you are capable of anything then I want to see a Youtube video of you eating coal and shitting high quality diamonds by tomorrow.

Better yet, I want to see you shoot bees from your mouth at homeless people.

No, anybody is not capable of anything.

You are not capable of becoming a Russian female gymnast with 3 gold medals.
You are not capable of becoming a Navy SEAL.
YOU are not currently capable of being a responsible and dependable business owner.
 Jimi just believed in his ability to play, just as I do.
Because he could... oh, I don't know... PLAY?
 He started playing when he was 15, do you think he sounded any better than me the second he got his guitar?
You really don't get it, do you?

Except I WAS TRYING TO SUPPORT YOU, you blithering idiot manchild.

You think I'm being tough on you? Wait till you try your bullshit excuses with the labor board or the electric company or your land-lord.

Go to college, get a damn education, or join the military and get an education and some life experience, or get a damn job and get experience.

Back to guitar.
Rather than go out and get the information you've been told you need, rather than bust your ass on your hookah pipe dream, you're back to hammering on the strings like an ape on a bongo.

At least take some damn lessons.

repentance

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:54:08 PM

Monster-Ant, I want your babies.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:55:17 PM

At least take some damn lessons.

Lessons are for chumps and weak willed people that don't believe in their guitar skillz.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:57:41 PM

Of course.  Support and encouragement is something you seek from family, friends, peers and mentors.  Investors and lenders are only interested in whether or not they will make money by giving you funds and the onus is on you to persuade them that they will.  There are plenty of music boards if you're looking for encouragement, support and mentors, but expecting it from your lenders is like expecting it from your bank manager or credit card company.
Shouldn't all humans support each other, regardless of title?

I said before the last four months.
It doesn't work like that. You need to figure anything you've done in the last 5 years in relevant to your life. You can't just say: IGNORE HOW I RAN OVER A TODDLER WHEN I WAS DRUNK SIX MONTHS AGO!
So it takes you 5 years to forgive someone, then?  The past doesn't matter.  All that matters is now.

I've stuck with Dank Bank, Dank Digital Design and now my hookah lounge, haven't I?
Dank Bank looks like a hobby, your digital design business is just you drawing for people, and you DON'T HAVE A HOOKAH LOUNGE!

None of those three are a valid business of have required any effort in sustaining with the way you've been running them.
Can a hobby not be a business?  Isn't that what design services do?  Draw for people?  I have plans for a hookah lounge which I am sticking by.

No, your magical thinking is called "Because I believe it will happen, it will!" and is exactly how a small child believes. I've read your nonsense about "living in the moment" and "strong soul" and all of that crap.

Good karma is called good karma, positivity is called positivity, your ENTIRE WORLD VIEW is based on magical thinking.
I don't know, man, maybe you just don't understand it?

Maybe if I had access to a guitar I would have played more than once a week.
Read this over and over and over until it sinks in.

It's another long line of excuses. You expect people to invest in your hookah pipe dream when you couldn't even acquire a guitar to chase after your rockstar dream?
I don't know, bro, it just sort of seems like a guitar would be a necessity to learn guitar, just my opinion, though.  I was able to acquire one, wasn't I?

What do you not understand about anybody is capable of anything?
This is the most bullshit statement ever told to children, and you've latched onto it and made it your catch-phrase.

Like I stated before...

If you are capable of anything then I want to see a Youtube video of you eating coal and shitting high quality diamonds by tomorrow.

Better yet, I want to see you shoot bees from your mouth at homeless people.

No, anybody is not capable of anything.

You are not capable of becoming a Russian female gymnast with 3 gold medals.
You are not capable of becoming a Navy SEAL.
YOU are not currently capable of being a responsible and dependable business owner.
 Jimi just believed in his ability to play, just as I do.
Because he could... oh, I don't know... PLAY?
 He started playing when he was 15, do you think he sounded any better than me the second he got his guitar?
You really don't get it, do you?

Except I WAS TRYING TO SUPPORT YOU, you blithering idiot manchild.

You think I'm being tough on you? Wait till you try your bullshit excuses with the labor board or the electric company or your land-lord.

Go to college, get a damn education, or join the military and get an education and some life experience, or get a damn job and get experience.
How is it a bullshit statement?  What stops you from doing anything, exactly?  Never thought anything of it as a child, but looking back, yeah, sorta makes sense.  You just have to believe it.  I don't think I'm quite capable enough to believe I can shit diamonds to feed your ego with.

Thank's for the recommendation, but I'm good on the 'education' and military?  Really?  "You can't start a business, child, but you can kill people."  I'll pass on the lessons too.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:20:49 PM

You really don't understand support, do you?

So it takes you 5 years to forgive someone, then?  The past doesn't matter.  All that matters is now.
No. That's is NOT true. Your credit history matters. Your criminal record matters. Your employment history matters. Your education history matters.

Tell you what, here's a challenge for you: Go out, get a girlfriend, cheat on her, give her the clap, wait 24 hours, tell her: "The past doesn't matter, baby, all that matters is now!" and tell us how that works out.

Can a hobby not be a business?
If it is TREATED like a business. For fuck's sake ,you don't get it, do you?
 Isn't that what design services do?  Draw for people?
If you think that drawing for random people is all that a design service does, you are even more ignorant than I thought.
 I have plans for a hookah lounge which I am sticking by.
You don't even have plans, you have a dream.

I don't know, man, maybe you just don't understand it?
What are you, a hippy?

Are you trying to teach a lion to eat tofu in your spare time?

Goddamn it, I feel like I'm going to need some bricks here.

I don't know, bro, it just sort of seems like a guitar would be a necessity to learn guitar, just my opinion, though.  I was able to acquire one, wasn't I?
So who gave you the money/bought it for you.

You're claiming you're going to be a rock star, but you didn't even have a guitar. You want to be a hookah store owner but you can't get off your ass to do the research. You want to run a bank, but are late on the paybacks and withdrawls. You want to run a design business but don't want to do that.

Your whole thing is nothing but but but but but but but

How is it a bullshit statement?  What stops you from doing anything, exactly?
Reality.

Go outside, become acquainted with it.
Never thought anything of it as a child, but looking back, yeah, sorta makes sense.  You just have to believe it.  I don't think I'm quite capable enough to believe I can shit diamonds to feed your ego with.
Your "anyone can become anything" is grade-school shit.

Let me paraphrase another great philospher.

"The teacher wasn't talking to you, dank, no go back out in the back yard and keep practicing digging holes."

Thank's for the recommendation, but I'm good on the 'education'
No you aren't. You're an ignorant manchild with delusions of grandeur who think other people should finance your dreams and lifestyle.
and military?  Really?  "You can't start a business, child, but you can kill people."
Actually, I take the military part back. Servicemembers have it tough enough already, we don't need to saddle them with someone like you. You're one of those guys who would probably accidentally blow themselves up with a training claymore. You know the ones I'm talking about. THe ones with no explosive in them.
I'll pass on the lessons too.
Of course you will. Lessons are hard, and take effort, and you don't feel special ubermench when you take lessons. So you'll just skip the lessons and think you're the next Eddie Van Halen.

Because "you believe" that you can become anything.

Here's something else for you to practice, it'll do you a lot more good:

Get a cup from the kitchen. Go outside. Approach your father's car. Knock on the window. Pretend someone rolled it down. Ask: "Can you spare some cash?"

You should get a lot of practice with that.

See, we KNOW you haven't seen a real lawyer, because unlike you, some of us have interacted with lawyers and know they don't act like you are claiming.

You haven't done anything aside from 15 minutes of work on a spreadsheet and invested a lot of magical thinking and fumbled at your guitar like two virgins in the backseat of their mom's car.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:35:09 PM

I understand that telling someone, "You can't do this," is not support.

Tell you what, here's a challenge for you: Go out, get a girlfriend, cheat on her, give her the clap, wait 24 hours, tell her: "The past doesn't matter, baby, all that matters is now!" and tell us how that works out.
That's bad karma to consciously make someone feel bad.  Expressing my ideas doesn't make you feel bad, does it?

If it is TREATED like a business. For fuck's sake ,you don't get it, do you?
To me, any exchange of goods or services is a form of business.  People can treat their business however they want, it's still business.

One in the same.

So who gave you the money/bought it for you.

You're claiming you're going to be a rock star, but you didn't even have a guitar. You want to be a hookah store owner but you can't get off your ass to do the research. You want to run a bank, but are late on the paybacks and withdrawls. You want to run a design business but don't want to do that.

Your whole thing is nothing but but but but but but but
I bought it.  I've done the research.  I was late on one payment, for one person, with their consent.  I would have got it to him that night, if he wanted.  I've never been late on a withdrawal.

Reality.
Which one?

I don't know why you sound so negative, my friend.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:48:20 PM

Yeah, I do. See, unlike you, I've supported other people in ventures, during tough times in their life, and stuff like that.

You know, human stuff.
By that logic telling you not to stick your tongue in an electrical socket is not supporting you.

That's bad karma to consciously make someone feel bad.  Expressing my ideas doesn't make you feel bad, does it?
It just makes me wonder why you think that explaining reality to you is not supporting you.

To me, any exchange of goods or services is a form of business.  People can treat their business however they want, it's still business.
:facepalm:

One in the same.
No they aren't.

Am I going to have write the message on paper, tie the paper to a brick, through the brick through your window for you to get the message?

Oh, wait, then you'd probably try to eat the brick and choke on it.

I bought it.
Who gave you the money?
 I've done the research.
No you haven't.

Or you could have answered every one of my original questions.
 I was late on one payment, for one person, with their consent.  I would have got it to him that night, if he wanted.  I've never been late on a withdrawal.
OK, I'll give you that then.

Which one?

I don't know why you sound so negative, my friend.
Heh, boy is the real world gonna be a shock to you.

You really don't understand anything, do you?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:53:05 PM

Yeah, I do. See, unlike you, I've supported other people in ventures, during tough times in their life, and stuff like that.
Why did you quote me saying something you said?

By that logic telling you not to stick your tongue in an electrical socket is not supporting you.
Starting a business is as harmful as electrocution, I suppose.

It's funny how you tell me what I've done, what I haven't, what I know, what I don't, what I can do and what I can't.  You must think you know me very well, better than me.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:57:49 PM

You must think you know me very well, better than me.

That is actually true for pretty much everyone, because as human beings we tend to be blind toward our very own faults that others can clearly see.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:03:35 PM

You must think you know me very well, better than me.

That is actually true for pretty much everyone, because as human beings we tend to be blind toward our very own faults that others can clearly see.

Right, so I'm unable to read my future, while every other person can tell each other what they know and don't know.

Seems about right.

So far in the Budget we are at $2,800 for all hookah supplies.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:10:45 PM

Why did you quote me saying something you said?
Because there were no words for what you said. ANd I cut off the first line of that little reply because I decided I was going to be nice to you.

Silly me.

But since you've basically asked me what I was going to say, here it is:

Quote from: dank
Quote from: Monster-Ant
[/quote=dank]Shouldn't all humans support each other, regardless of title?
I understand that telling someone, "You can't do this," is not support.[/quote]
 All humans do NOT have to support each other. I don't support people who killed non-combatants in order to further a political goal against government entities. I don't support people who victimize others to enrich themselves. I don't support the willfully ignorant. I'm willing to try to educate them, but the minute they stay willfully ignorant, I don't support them.

No, telling someone that "You can't do this at your current knowledge/skill/phase in your life IS SUPPORT. You need to know what you are doing wrong, how to fix it, and why you can't do certain things.

You are the embodiment of everything an 18 year old businessman has to fight in regards to other people's conceptions.

And before you ask if I don't understand support, Yeah, I do. See, unlike you, I've supported other people in ventures, during tough times in their life, and stuff like that.

You aren't asking for support. You're asking everyone to blow sunshine and bitcoins up your ass to support your lifestyle, your dreams, your fantasies. You want money for a hookah pipe dream, but you don't want to do any work, handwaving it away as "I'll take care of it when it comes up or when I get to it", you just want free support.

You don't respect or even understand the concept of experience or education, claiming that your intellect makes up for all of that. (Hint: It doesn't)
Starting a business is as harmful as electrocution, I suppose.
Actually, electrocution can be LESS painful. At least it might not result in outstanding debts, lawsuits, jailtime, and forfeiture of all assets.

I'm amazed, frankly, that you even understand that you can get electrocuted for sticking your tongue in a light socket. How many times did you do it before the lesson finally sunk in, since telling someone not to something isn't support them?

It's funny how you tell me what I've done, what I haven't, what I know, what I don't, what I can do and what I can't.  You must think you know me very well, better than me.
It's because dreamers like you are a dime a dozen, and you can hire them for minimum wage and watch them plot and plan and never get anywhere.

And what you can and can't do, you've pretty much established a baseline for us right here in this thread, much less the rest of the board.

Let's start from almost the top:

What you've done, based on evidence here: Jack and shit outside of drawing a few freelance projects and beg
What you haven't done, based on evidence here: Gone outside, held a job, gone to college, aquired common sense.
What you know: Jack and shit
What you don't know: Nearly the sum of human business knowledge and common sense.
What you can do: Almost nothing.
What you can't do: Almost everything.

You know why all of that lists up the way it does?

Do you want a nice bullet-list, or are you just happy imagining your answers and coming up with hippy justifications while you pluck mournfully at your guitar.

Christ on a jet powered pogo stick, Dank, I originally tried to help you.

Something else you don't know, understand, or have the ability to figure out.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:12:48 PM

So far in the Budget we are at $2,800 for all hookah supplies.
Is that startup cost?
Is that monthly cost?

Do you have multiple wholesaler quotes? Do you have additional lines of supply? Have you applied for merchant credit or are you ineligible.

Have you made sure they are the correct kind of hookahs and meet federal and state requirements to service industry hookahs?

Can you break it down beyond $2,800 into by hookah, startup, daily, weekly, monthly?

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:33:07 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 11:57:16 PM by Monster-Ant

Let me explain something quite simply, Dank.

Nobody here knows me. I have less than 150 posts to my name. I haven't posted indepth articles on the feasibility of bitcoins on the merchant side or what type of products/services the community should seek to spread in order to increase bitcoins usage and visibility.

But if I posted a request for a loan to start a company that will produce steel, Pyrex, & leather S&M paraphernalia with a side-business of midget porn and girls eating heads of lettuce naked with a bunny costume on, with all of those questions, with backable, verifiable sources, photos and CAD of what I was planning to do, estimates, bank statements and everything else I had listed.  Offered to meet in person OR via Skype, met with them on the phone and ICQ and IRC, gave them my resume of things I have done, complete with contact numbers and names of refrences...

Then said I couldn't get a bank loan because I have flippers for hands.

I could probably raise 10X what you will manage.

Edit: Is this how you afforded your guitar? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97764.msg1167583#msg1167583

repentance

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:35:10 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 11:51:11 PM by repentance

But telling someone "you need to do x, y and z" in order to get his off the ground" is support, even if it doesn't come with the warm, fuzzy ego validation you seem to expect from total strangers.

The world is not standing still.  While you're not actively putting the majority of your time into doing the actual work it would take to launch this venture, someone else is going to rent the premises you have your eye on or someone else - who already has funds - is going to decide that opening a hookah lounge is a good idea.  Hell, there might even be an application for that awaiting approval right now at your local government office but you wouldn't know because you haven't done that basic kind of research.

If this was my dream and I hadn't yet secured anything necessary to make it happen, I'd be spending 80+ hours a week on getting those things together.

Also, do you have a credit score.  It will affect your ability to get trade credit.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:58:13 PM

Except when they only think it's a prerequisite to meet your goals.  Like college for example, or guitar lessons.  Not required to reach success.

I'm putting plenty of work into this, I really don't want to take advice from someone with a temper like Ant, but I will if I feel he makes a valid point.

I'd love to talk more, Ant, but I need to get back to work.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 12:06:37 AM

Except when they only think it's a prerequisite to meet your goals.  Like college for example, or guitar lessons.  Not required to reach success.
The people who have managed to achieve success without experience or education are so rare as to be legendary.

I'm putting plenty of work into this,
Citation please.
I really don't want to take advice from someone with a temper like Ant,
Temper? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What, did I hurt your widdly feelings?

Wait until a loan officer, IRS agent, State Tax Agent, or someone like that comes to visit. They'll have you cowering behind your bunny slippers.

I personally gauruntee, with my no money back and I'll kick you in the balls warranty, that I haven't come even close to losing my temper.

Because it's been like explaining to a child why they can't flap their arms, fart, and fly to the moon.
but I will if I feel he makes a valid point.
You don't think I've made any valid points? Asked any valid questions?

I need to get some popcorn.

I'd love to talk more, Ant, but I need to get back to work.
Yeah, that guitar isn't going to (badly) play itself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: