Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55259 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:05:39 AM

You have to keep in mind I have invested BTC into other commodities, plus I still had money in my bank account, it's not like I really needed the 4 BTC.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:54:56 AM

Quick protip, seperate your personnal and business funds.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:20:35 AM

Quick protip, seperate your personnal and business funds.

Let's be honest.  If he's looking to borrow up to $70,000 it would be worth incorporating, but I suspect that dank regards his business ventures as his personal ATM.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:28:15 AM

Well it was more re: the 4BTC to repay the outstanding 100BTC loan, the way he worded his reply, using his bank account as a back up fund to cover business debt, while not as bad as parsing other investors cash, is still a no-no. It also goes the other way, with the owner seeing corp funds as personal fund.

But in this case, he said the interest on principal was covered by the the principal of another loan, which despite being covered by personal assets, raises a multitude of red flags for me.

The proper way of going about this is to have the owner inject capital as contributed equity, then leverage that either as cash or receivable investments. You can add personal funds of course, but not only would I advise against doing so willy-nilly, but taking said funds back out might involve requirements depending on your country or state. In my neck of the woods dicking around with this invokes an automatic audit.

In layman's terms, don't piss where you sleep.

Dank, if you can't make sense of what I've written, please (ideally) get an intro business accounting course (45ish hours IIRC) or at least read up and study online, this is the most basic stuff to know in business.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:03:27 PM

This layman's term is "co-mingling" and it is more than just a no-no. It is illegal.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:22:12 PM

The purpose of Dank Bank is to provide funds for my life, both business and personal, I try to make this clear in the description.  I do live very minimally, though, I don't spend investments on personal items.

My mistake for stating I used 4 BTC of a new deposit for an existing loan, I had the money to cover it, just not in my wallet.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:32:32 PM

The purpose of Dank Bank is to provide funds for my life, both business and personal, I try to make this clear in the description.  I do live very minimally, though, I don't spend investments on personal items.

My mistake for stating I used 4 BTC of a new deposit for an existing loan, I had the money to cover it, just not in my wallet.
It's not at all clear from the description that the purpose was to provide funds for your personal life.

Your mistake was in doing it, not in stating it. Not cool, Dank.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 04:08:38 PM

Dank Bank's purpose is to rip people off eventually.  You cannot make enough money to cover what you are paying out, yet you still want to have extra income for yourself.  Immoral people like you should be proactively put in jail before you can steal.   Angry

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:16:28 PM

It's not at all clear from the description that the purpose was to provide funds for your personal life.

What's the purpose of holding a business accountable separately from it's owner?  I've said pretty clear that Dank Bank is for investors to invest into me as person.  Personal life items (food, gas, laundry, rent) are expenses in my life that I need to even run Dank Bank.  And I wouldn't have any of those if it wasn't for Dank Bank, which I thank my investors for, for supporting me as a person when others haven't.

Dank Bank's purpose is to rip people off eventually.  You cannot make enough money to cover what you are paying out, yet you still want to have extra income for yourself.  Immoral people like you should be proactively put in jail before you can steal.   Angry
Are you serious?  We should lock away all those people before they commit a crime!  Then they'll never do it!

That's grotesque.  I have been making plentiful money to pay my obligations, and I intend to do so continuously.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:21:03 PM

What's the purpose of holding a business accountable separately from it's owner?  I've said pretty clear that Dank Bank is for investors to invest into me as person.  Personal life items (food, gas, laundry, rent) are expenses in my life that I need to even run Dank Bank.  And I wouldn't have any of those if it wasn't for Dank Bank, which I thank my investors for, for supporting me as a person when others haven't.

Are you serious?  We should lock away all those people before they commit a crime!  Then they'll never do it!

That's grotesque.  I have been making plentiful money to pay my obligations, and I intend to do so continuously.

How are you making plentiful money? is it just from depositors at Danks bank at the moment or have you branched into something else?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:26:15 PM

I will not reveal my trade secrets, at this time.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 04:28:49 PM

That's because your bank has failed to take off and you have only 7 customers.

If you had as many customers as pirate, for example, there is no way your little design business would make enough to pay the ponzi interest rates you advertise. 

Your intent is to steal, that is what makes you immoral.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 04:29:12 PM

Another sign of a ponzi.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:29:44 PM

Witnessed

Ponzi Indicators
[...]
2.  Provides no evidence of business activity
They refuse to show what they are investing their capital, what products(s) or services they are selling, and who the customers are.  By contrast a mining corporation will be able to provide pictures of hardware and statistics of how many BTC generated per month.
Chang Hum

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:32:38 PM

You already have hilariously in the quote below.

I use my investors' funds within the specified time frame to make a positive return.  I don't just pay interest with new deposits.  I used 4 BTC of new deposits to repay Onichans 105 BTC principle, maybe you consider that a ponzi, but a real ponzi would have used 105 BTC.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:39:06 PM

That's grotesque.  I have been making plentiful money to pay my obligations, and I intend to do so continuously.

If you had as many customers as pirate, for example, there is no way your little design business would make enough to pay the ponzi interest rates you advertise.  

If I had that many investors, I wouldn't have a 7% weekly return rate; in fact, I wouldn't even have a 2.5% return rate.

Why would you disoblige me based off your assumption that I'm not an honest person, when I've demonstrated nothing but the opposite?

I use my investors' funds within the specified time frame to make a positive return.  I don't just pay interest with new deposits.  I used 4 BTC of new deposits to repay Onichans 105 BTC principle, maybe you consider that a ponzi, but a real ponzi would have used 105 BTC.

In terms of the BTC I had in my wallet, yes, I used 4 BTC of it.  In terms of all my money which came from Dank Bank, no, I've invested it into many other things including money which made up that 4 BTC difference.  Please don't bring up something I said when I already corrected my error in doing so.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc, greyhawk.

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:44:24 PM

That's grotesque.  I have been making plentiful money to pay my obligations, and I intend to do so continuously.

If I had that many investors, I wouldn't have a 7% weekly return rate; in fact, I wouldn't even have a 2.5% return rate.

Why would you disoblige me based off your assumption that I'm not an honest person, when I've demonstrated nothing but the opposite?

I use my investors' funds within the specified time frame to make a positive return.  I don't just pay interest with new deposits.  I used 4 BTC of new deposits to repay Onichans 105 BTC principle, maybe you consider that a ponzi, but a real ponzi would have used 105 BTC.

In terms of the BTC I had in my wallet, yes, I used 4 BTC of it.  In terms of all my money which came from Dank Bank, no, I've invested it into many other things including money which made up that 4 BTC difference.  Please don't bring up something I said when I already corrected my error in doing so.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc, greyhawk.

I just think its really amazing someone sent you 105 BTC
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 04:47:05 PM

I just think its really amazing someone sent you 105 BTC

+1

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:52:20 PM

It's not that amazing that those who understand me have faith in me.

I've scheduled meetings with two business counselling programs over the next two weeks.

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:58:26 PM

It's not that amazing that those who understand me have faith in me.

I've scheduled meetings with two business counselling programs over the next two weeks.

Yes I'll concede that it's not that amazing that those who understand you have faith in you, I'm glad you're getting counselling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: