Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55255 times)
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:19:49 AM

Think about it - if you put out negative energy, it effects everything it interacts with.  Energies spread.  If you're constantly putting out bad karma, you form your own behavior pattern of negative energy which is pretty much always associated with feeling negative.  If you spread positive energy around you, your neighbors, wherever you go, whatever positivity they have gained from it will be put back into the world, possibly to you.

What is this "karma energy" made of?  At what frequency does the energy propagate?  

It's energy, feeling, love.  I can't tell you the frequency, but I can tell you it's real.  If someone of another language runs up to you screaming for help, can you tell that they need help, even though you have no clue what they're saying?

So, your definition of karma is the ability to read tone and body language?
I didn't say that was karma, it's the spreading of energy that lets you feel what others are feeling.  Which supports karma because as I explained earlier, all energies spread off each other, everything effects everything.  Put out good energy around you, receive good energy.  Put out negative energy, receive negative energy.

So body language and tone are the energy that creates karma?

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:25:58 AM

Think about it - if you put out negative energy, it effects everything it interacts with.  Energies spread.  If you're constantly putting out bad karma, you form your own behavior pattern of negative energy which is pretty much always associated with feeling negative.  If you spread positive energy around you, your neighbors, wherever you go, whatever positivity they have gained from it will be put back into the world, possibly to you.

What is this "karma energy" made of?  At what frequency does the energy propagate?  

It's energy, feeling, love.  I can't tell you the frequency, but I can tell you it's real.  If someone of another language runs up to you screaming for help, can you tell that they need help, even though you have no clue what they're saying?

So, your definition of karma is the ability to read tone and body language?
I didn't say that was karma, it's the spreading of energy that lets you feel what others are feeling.  Which supports karma because as I explained earlier, all energies spread off each other, everything effects everything.  Put out good energy around you, receive good energy.  Put out negative energy, receive negative energy.

So body language and tone are the energy that creates karma?
That is not quite what I said, Rarity.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:28:36 AM

You might as well close this thread now, dank.  It's irrecoverable.

And "tone" has a specific meaning in Scientology, so don't even go there with Rarity.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Monster-Ant

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:31:08 AM

If someone of another language runs up to you screaming for help, can you tell that they need help, even though you have no clue what they're saying?
Yes, because I am a normal, functioning within society human being.

I understand body language, speech stress, pantomime, and other such non-verbal cues.

Non-verbal cues have been around since before speech. It isn't karma, it isn't energy, it's knowing how to interpret those non-verbal cues.

Physical weakness/disease/disorders are caused by a weak soul.

Just quoting this because... dayum.

Between this and basically saying that people with mental disorders want to be sick, not to mention the fact that he's willing to cut every corner possible, endangering customers and staff, as well as embezzle from his own companies, shows me that Dank will go far in life.

10-20 is far, right?

You might as well close this thread now, dank.  It's irrecoverable.
He might as well keep this one open, I'm learning a lot from him. This is a very educational thread. To be honest, I thought people like him were an internet legend, not really existing in reality. I'm still not convinced that Dank isn't an elaborate troll or supremely talented con artist capable of really putting himself into the role.

Or make a new thread and then post his crappy spreadsheet and then lock it so that nobody can ask him any business questions, give him any advice, try to teach him anything, or offer to assist him in any way.

Oh, and Dank? You're little thing about the beach? Not that special. Everyone figures that out at about age 5. Along with 'Wow, this sand might have been rocks that dinosaurs walked on! Dinosaurs are cool! RAWR!'

Here, I'll share something life-changing with you, just to show you a learning experience that taught me a lot:

Sitting on a fallen log on 15 acres of land that I ended up with through a country clerk error (instead of the 1.5 acres in a completely different location) I realized that I needed to not only ensure that the contract was exactly what it was supposed to be, I needed to follow up on all the paperwork every step of the way. That a clerks single mistake in the lot-allocation table had given me 15 acres that were essentially useless at the time. Even the lumber had very little value, and I would probably end up having to pay to have trees removed, much less graded level and inspected for a house.

That county clerk's mistake cost me about $20K, saddled me with a useless chunk of property, and there was no getting back what I was after. According to county records, I owed that property, and someone else owned the piece I had thought I was paying for. At the most the person who sold it might get charged with fraud, but the county clerk had since retired and died, leaving me with jack.

So I made sure that I followed up with all paperwork, through every step. Even after the deal is done I keep records, make sure that the property tax is being credited for the right location.

Because of this, I've spotted several other errors during transactions that could have been disastrous. It was a small thing, and a hell of thing to find out at 26 that through no fault of my own and no malice on anyone's part that incompetence and/or human error could totally wreck shit.

Can you see how this might apply to your failed attempt at opening a hookah bar?

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
Rarity

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:33:08 AM

I am speaking of tone of voice and body language.  I am trying to figure out how they generate karma energy.  This all sounds like a bunch of made up nonsense. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:35:19 AM

If someone of another language runs up to you screaming for help, can you tell that they need help, even though you have no clue what they're saying?
Yes, because I am a normal, functioning within society human being.

I understand body language, speech stress, pantomime, and other such non-verbal cues.

Non-verbal cues have been around since before speech. It isn't karma, it isn't energy, it's knowing how to interpret those non-verbal cues.
It's both.  Body language, verbal tone, feelings, energy, all one of the same.  Have you ever felt love, Monster?  Or power?  There's a very distinct energy associated with those.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:38:22 AM

I'm guessing children shouldn't be vaccinated against diseases that have a cognitive impact either. Oh, and alpha-fetoprotein screening isn't done to single out birth defects like Down's syndrome, but to satisfy the physician's monthly baby killing quota, 'cause you know, they can be teached how to be less afflicted.
Physical weakness/disease/disorders are caused by a weak soul.  I'm not saying down syndrome is a bad thing, for I have known some of the happiest people that were retarded.  I don't think they'd be able to grasp any change in their life, but it was brought upon them before they ever entered the world.

But if limitations are only placed upon a person by themselves, and that mental diseases aren't real, a Down's sufferer has all the tools at his disposal to simply will himself into a more healthy mindset.

Quod erat demonstrandum Down's victims are just basically lazy, or to open up on your further thesis, Hitler reincarnated.

Where do I send my bitcoins?
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:38:57 AM

It's both.  Body language, verbal tone, feelings, energy, all one of the same.  Have you ever felt love, Monster?  Or power?  There's a very distinct energy associated with those.

How can you measure karma energy?  How can you measure love and power energies?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:45:58 AM

How can you measure karma energy?  How can you measure love and power energies?
You cannot measure it because they're beyond this reality, intangible.  You can only measure things in this world we live in.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:49:25 AM

Have you ever felt love, Monster?
No. For I am a forum robot. Beep boop. How do make babby?

Of course.
  Or power?
Yes. What's your point?
  There's a very distinct energy associated with those.

BUZZ! Sorry.

It's not energy. It's emotions. Specifically biochemical changes within the body brought on by stimuli. Even love, for as wonderful as it feels and as great as it is to get and give, is just biochemical responsive within that densely packed nerve cluster we call a brain. Check this for a shortened explanation regarding how our minds process and signal love.

If power and love were actually an energy we would be able to measure and quantify it, or at least discover its interactions with other objects in order to frame the outline of the information we are missing.

And the feeling of power? Comes from your brain. Not magic. Not energy. Just plain biochemical signals in the meat machine we call a body.

You cannot measure it because they're beyond this reality, intangible.
Actually, several research papers do talk about being able to measure just how much someone is in love based on brain mapping and imaging combined with precise blood-work.

You can only measure things in this world we live in.
If they are beyond reality, they cannot effect our reality, because they do not interact with it or leave any trace. They have as much interaction with this dimension/reality as phlogiston does.

In order to be able to effect this reality, this world we live in, it must cause some kind of change or effect, otherwise it does not effect our reality and thus does not actually matter.

If karma is indeed an actual energy force than we should be able to measure the energy, and barring that, observe this energy's effect upon our own universe in a measurable, tangible way.

It's basic scientific and logical process.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:00:54 AM

Have you ever felt love, Monster?
No. For I am a forum robot. Beep boop. How do make babby?

Of course.
 Or power?
Yes. What's your point?
 There's a very distinct energy associated with those.

BUZZ! Sorry.

It's not energy. It's emotions. Specifically biochemical changes within the body brought on by stimuli. Even love, for as wonderful as it feels and as great as it is to get and give, is just biochemical responsive within that densely packed nerve cluster we call a brain. Check this for a shortened explanation regarding how our minds process and signal love.

If power and love were actually an energy we would be able to measure and quantify it, or at least discover its interactions with other objects in order to frame the outline of the information we are missing.

And the feeling of power? Comes from your brain. Not magic. Not energy. Just plain biochemical signals in the meat machine we call a body.

You cannot measure it because they're beyond this reality, intangible.
Actually, several research papers do talk about being able to measure just how much someone is in love based on brain mapping and imaging combined with precise blood-work.

You can only measure things in this world we live in.
If they are beyond reality, they cannot effect our reality, because they do not interact with it or leave any trace. They have as much interaction with this dimension/reality as phlogiston does.

In order to be able to effect this reality, this world we live in, it must cause some kind of change or effect, otherwise it does not effect our reality and thus does not actually matter.

If karma is indeed an actual energy force than we should be able to measure the energy, and barring that, observe this energy's effect upon our own universe in a measurable, tangible way.

It's basic scientific and logical process.
I don't see why it can't be both, Ant.  Our lack of understanding/measuring these energies does not make them any less of energy.  The human brain perceives all sorts of energies, like light and sound waves.  The other senses it perceives are also energy, feelings, emotions, love, power are spiritual energies we cannot measure, but know exist.  These energies, while intangible, do play a huge role in our reality.  Science is a mans take at understanding things in our universe from a hands on perspective.  Spirituality is a mans take at understanding things in our universe from a philosophical perspective.  They can coexist.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:19:43 AM

I don't see why it can't be both, Ant.
Are you serious?

Our lack of understanding/measuring these energies does not make them any less of energy.
For thousands of years learned men and women as well as sages and philosphers have been writing about love. Even a small child knows and understands what love is.

They aren't an "energy".

The human brain perceives all sorts of energies, like light and sound waves.
Measurable, quantifiable energies.
 The other senses it perceives are also energy, feelings, emotions, love, power are spiritual energies we cannot measure, but know exist.
They are not energies.

You can feel water. Does that mean liquid hydrogendioxidemonooxygen is an energy too?

Energy is a specific scientific term. It's the New Age hippy bullshit that tries to claim basic biochemical reactions as energy.
 These energies, while intangible, do play a huge role in our reality.
Except they aren't energies. They are biochemical reactions that shape our perceptions and form our actions. They are not intangible, they are measurable, and they are quantifiable. Wrapping them up in the term "energy" is an attempt to slap clap-trap psuedo-science on a basic experience and call it mysticism.

I'm shocked that someone as intellectual as you claim to be would be into primitive mysticism at all, and would recognize that mysticism is, at best, a form of ignorance of reality, and at worse, is nothing more than a cult and/or scam.
 Science is a mans take at understanding things in our universe from a hands on perspective.  Spirituality is a mans take at understanding things in our universe from a philosophical perspective.  They can coexist.
Yes, but the terms are not interchangeable. Spirituality does not negate science, logic, or reason.

You are using it as a crutch to stay ignorant and justify your terrible decisions.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:26:42 AM

So are dreams not real because we cannot measure them?  Are dreams not another reality?  I never said spirituality negates science, but neither does science negate spirituality.

You clearly aren't open to the possibility we live in a spiritual universe.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:35:23 AM

The other senses it perceives are also energy, feelings, emotions, love, power are spiritual energies we cannot measure, but know exist.
They are not energies.

They're not spiritual energies, as dank claims.  It's kind of hard to argue that the biochemical reactions which underpin much human emotion aren't a form of microscopic energy in the scientific sense, though.  Neurotransmitters are kind of fascinating.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rarity

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:15:32 AM

So are dreams not real because we cannot measure them? 

We can't?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:18:14 AM

We can't?
What unit do you measure them in?  Can we capture them into video?

Rarity

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:37:04 AM

We can't?

We measure the brain activity with an EEG.  However, your argument seems to boil down to "Was there such a thing as sound before we could record it?" which doesn't make much sense.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:41:17 AM

We can't?

We measure the brain activity with an EEG.  However, your argument seems to boil down to "Was there such a thing as sound before we could record it?" which doesn't make much sense.
I didn't ask how you measure it, I asked what unit you use.

Rarity

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:14:19 AM

An EEG measures voltage fluctuations.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:15:30 AM

So you measure how much I love someone with volts?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: