Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55255 times)
drekk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 01:20:38 AM

Time will tell who is right.
I wish you all the best, good Sir!

Since you're probably busy now achieving your goals in the real world, please come back in 10 years. I'm sure you'll be interesting by then, because you either...

a) did that smurf you keep smurfing about or
b) will have a lot of painful anecdotes to tell to which I'll oh so relate.

Cheers friend,
~drekk~

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:31:47 AM

Thank you.  For anyone that might be interested, I posted more guitar clips in my Dank Bank thread.

I'll be sure to do that for you, Rarity.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:52:59 PM

Look to see if you state has microfunding or state loans for small businesses, NC has one like this http://www.ncruralcenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=247

They will prob tell you to go to a bank and request a loan, after you are turned down if you are. They will tell you to come back and get a SBA backed loan. All this is a statement from the SBA saying they will pay. I talked to my friend you just went through the SBA to start a barber shop, Laugh but 60,000 Marines and saliors need a hair cut 1 time a week at 7 dollars a pop. He said you still need a decent credit score in order to get approved with SBA approval.

Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:17:21 PM

Thank you.  For anyone that might be interested, I posted more guitar clips in my Dank Bank thread.

I'll be sure to do that for you, Rarity.

Thanks.  And the new guitar clips rock!  Post more!

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:35:48 PM

My nephew is severely autistic, it's good to know he can be cured by nice thoughts and that his suffering is just due to bad karma (as opposed to, you know, genetics). Better call off all the autism research because we've found the cause and cure.

Asshole.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:06:17 PM

Look to see if you state has microfunding or state loans for small businesses, NC has one like this http://www.ncruralcenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=247

They will prob tell you to go to a bank and request a loan, after you are turned down if you are. They will tell you to come back and get a SBA backed loan. All this is a statement from the SBA saying they will pay. I talked to my friend you just went through the SBA to start a barber shop, Laugh but 60,000 Marines and saliors need a hair cut 1 time a week at 7 dollars a pop. He said you still need a decent credit score in order to get approved with SBA approval.

http://www.ncruralcenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=535:new-gen-ventures&catid=51:leadership-a-engagement&Itemid=257

If you don’t qualify for a traditional loan, you may be interested in special New Generation Ventures  loans that are character-based and mentor-supported.

This is the type of thing dank could look at, but I suspect he wouldn't like the conditions attached to the programme.  He doesn't believe that people lending him money have the right to judge him as a person or his business proposal, let alone that they have the right to insist on third party oversight of his operation.

dank is pretty much looking for people who'll just throw money at him and say "do whatever you want with it whenever you get around to it and don't worry about repayments in the meantime".

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:45:06 AM

My nephew is severely autistic, it's good to know he can be cured by nice thoughts and that his suffering is just due to bad karma (as opposed to, you know, genetics). Better call off all the autism research because we've found the cause and cure.

Asshole.
You misinterpreted my words.  I'm not saying love and positivity would cure those in the present but they would prevent it in the future, 'curing' our species.  And I don't even think autism is a great example regarding something to cure, it's just a different perception of the world, people perceive the world all sorts of way, there's no one way it must be viewed.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:52:49 AM

hey dank, I think I've found a benefactor for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208967/Cecil-Chao-Sze-tsung-Billionaire-offers-40million-reward-man-marry-lesbian-daughter.html

In addition to the dowry, he has also offered to start his potential son-in-law up in his own business.
He said the prize money was ‘an inducement to attract someone who has the talent, but not the capital, to start his own business’.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 06:58:22 AM

Does he collect relics?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:03:42 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2012, 01:43:03 PM by fgervais

Asshole.
You misinterpreted my words.  I'm not saying love and positivity would cure those in the present but they would prevent it in the future, 'curing' our species.  And I don't even think autism is a great example regarding something to cure, it's just a different perception of the world, people perceive the world all sorts of way, there's no one way it must be viewed.

Mental problems aren't real, you think I'm crazy because you lack understanding, that's all they are - labels.

Physical weakness/disease/disorders are caused by a weak soul or negative environment.  I'm not saying down syndrome is a bad thing, for I have known some of the happiest people that were retarded.  I don't think they'd be able to grasp any change in their life, but it was brought upon them before they ever entered the world.

Mental disorders, disease, anything 'negative' is a reaction from the surrounding environment.  It's not random.  A positive environment would not produce these.

EDIT: What Dank is actually saying is that such things like neurodiversity movements or autistic culture movements, which he probably heard in passing, mean that a) 100% of autistic people wish to remain as they are, and b) the problem isn't with them but with the world refusing to comply to everyone's particular needs.

Autism, and most cognitive divergences, also ranges through a very wide array of severities, and to say that someone who isn't autonomous in the least simply has a different perception of the world is naive at best.

What people are saying here Dank is that we take offence to your "wishful thinking wrapped into new age bullshit peppered with closed-mindedness" view of the world, but hey, problem must be on our end as usual. You obviously are qualified by your omniscience to pass summary judgement on these issues.

EDIT2: Also what he is saying is that genetic predisposition or other such factors don't come into play when a child is born with health issues, but that the environment to which he is born is the main factor.

Not entirely discounting external factors, especially in cases where the mother (and to some extent, father, especially with radiation and other mutating pathogens) is exposed to something adverse to a healthy pregnancy, blaming the health issues of a newborn on hocus pocus bullshit such as karma deserves to be ridiculed by anyone with even a summary understanding of biology.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:35:04 PM

Asshole.
You misinterpreted my words.  I'm not saying love and positivity would cure those in the present but they would prevent it in the future, 'curing' our species.  And I don't even think autism is a great example regarding something to cure, it's just a different perception of the world, people perceive the world all sorts of way, there's no one way it must be viewed.

Mental problems aren't real, you think I'm crazy because you lack understanding, that's all they are - labels.

Physical weakness/disease/disorders are caused by a weak soul or negative environment.  I'm not saying down syndrome is a bad thing, for I have known some of the happiest people that were retarded.  I don't think they'd be able to grasp any change in their life, but it was brought upon them before they ever entered the world.

Mental disorders, disease, anything 'negative' is a reaction from the surrounding environment.  It's not random.  A positive environment would not produce these.

EDIT: What Dank is actually saying is that such things like neurodiversity movements or autistic culture movements, which he probably heard in passing, mean that a) 100% of autistic people wish to remain as they are, and b) the problem isn't with them but with the world refusing to comply to everyone's particular needs.

Autism, and most cognitive divergences, also ranges through a very wide array of severities, and to say that someone who isn't autonomous in the least simply has a different perception of the world is naive at best.

What people are saying here Dank is that we take offence to your "wishful thinking wrapped into new age bullshit peppered with closed-mindedness" view of the world, but hey, problem must be on our end as usual. You obviously are qualified by your omniscience to pass summary judgement on these issues.

EDIT2: Also what he is saying is that genetic predisposition or other such factors don't come into play when a child is born with health issues, but that the environment to which he is born is the main factor.

Not entirely discounting external factors, especially in cases where the mother (and to some extent, father, especially with radiation and other mutating pathogens) is exposed to something adverse to a healthy pregnancy, blaming the health issues of a newborn on hocus pocus bullshit such as karma deserves to be ridiculed by anyone with even a summary understanding of biology.
That's not what I said at all.  I said what I said, stop changing my words around.  Do you realize you're the only one calling autism a problem?

drekk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 04:42:37 PM

Why don't you invest some of your funds in some webspace and a nice blog you could even design yourself. That way it'd be much easier for people to follow you around, subscribe, post comments, you'd have more reach than by simply focussing on this forum and so on...

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
fgervais

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:51:05 PM

You realize what you wrote in days past still exists? Hell, I might give you that what you wrote 6 months ago is less representative of your person now, since we do change, but we're talking earlier this freakin' week.

As for autism being a problem, hell yes it's a problem, both for those suffering through it and those suffering with those afflicted. It's not just another state of mind or a fancy way to see the world, it's a crippling disease that damns it's victim to a life of solitude and daily challenges.

So, will you ever answer, can one pray or karma autism/Down's/whatever away? You keep evading this simple question, I might back the fuck off if you finally addressed this.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:12:51 PM

My guess is that he's waiting for karma to take the foot out of his mouth.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:15:06 PM

So, will you ever answer, can one pray or karma autism/Down's/whatever away? You keep evading this simple question, I might back the fuck off if you finally addressed this.
As I already said, in practice, no.  Is it possible?  Anything is possible.  Though I don't think there is anything to 'cure.'  Tell me, what is the standard perception a human should have on life?

Mental 'disorders' like bipolar, anxiety, stress, depression, yes.  Those are manifested inside your head, that's it.  You can feel however you want, all of your problems reside within you only.

As for autism being a problem, hell yes it's a problem, both for those suffering through it and those suffering with those afflicted. It's not just another state of mind or a fancy way to see the world, it's a crippling disease that damns it's victim to a life of solitude and daily challenges.
I think this sums up the difference of our opinion.  I see autism as a different perspective, nothing good or bad about it.  You view autism as a detrimental disorder.

LIFE damns victims to solitude and daily changes.  By viewing them as different or even problematic, you are simply reinforcing the disorder entirely.  Maybe if society wasn't ass backwards, people with autism wouldn't feel as if they have a problem.  Maybe, even some would take it as a gift.

fgervais

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:20:09 PM

As I already said, in practice, no.  Is it possible?  Anything is possible.  Though I don't think there is anything to 'cure.'  Tell me, what is the standard perception a human should have on life?

Mental 'disorders' like bipolar, anxiety, stress, depression, yes.  Those are manifested inside your head, that's it.  You can feel however you want, all of your problems  reside within you only.

Ah, yes, the good old "anything is possible" approach, clearly dismissing centuries of modern medecine because hey, maybe drinkin mercury might help.

Hint they tried that, along with a suprinzingly vast amount of other things. I also have a feeling you're going tolatch on this specific example.

As for a standard on human perception, no, there isn't one, but an acceptable ballpark norm is to ask "if I leave this person alone for a week, with ressources required, will I come back and find a corpse?". You don't seem to grasp that full blown autism isn't an alternate way of seeing the world, it's being unable to interact with it to a degree which any of the daily activities you undertake will end in failure, injury or death, never mind leading a productive and fulfilled life.

To allow a victim of the disease to thrive and be happy, they need to have someone with them day in day out.

And finally, all mental disorders you list are in your head, as in perceived?

Oh dear.

Bipolar affective disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder#Causes
Tl;dr genetic predisposition

Anxiety attacks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attacks#Causes
Tl;dr genetic predisposition or situational trigger, fight or flight adrenalin upshot

Stress
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_(biology)#Neurochemistry
Tl;dr brain chemistry shenanigans, including modifiers on serotonin, cortisol and a bunch other

Depression
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_(biology)#Neurochemistry
Tl;dr more brain shenanigans, revolving around serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine

There are physiological bases to all those. Yes, the problem resides inside you, in the sense that your phisiology is working against you, but to give someone a slap on the back and to tell them that it's all a matter of perception doesn't help. It gets people killed, by their own hand. You condescending fuck.

I think this sums up the difference of our opinion.  I see autism as a different perspective, nothing good or bad about it.  You view autism as a detrimental disorder.

LIFE damns victims to solitude and daily changes.  By viewing them as different or even problematic, you are simply reinforcing the disorder entirely.  Maybe if society wasn't ass backwards, people with autism wouldn't feel as if they have a problem.  Maybe, even some would take it as a gift.

Indeed it sums it up. You don't seem to understand the daily challenges one afflicted with such a disease must face. Your parents lied to you, we can't all do whatever we want if only we set our minds to it and try our gosh darned best. Refer to the corpse test above.

You fell into the diversity trap hook, line and sinker. Yes, society is to blame for negative social constructs such as racism, and to a certain extent the way disabled people are treated. It's not imperialitic neuronormativity to try to bring an autistic person back into reality, it's being compassionate enough to deploy every effort possible to allow them to live life with dignity, autonomy and accomplishment.

Take some time out of your oh so busy day playing your guitar and go do some volunteer work with handicaped people, you'll see it's not the fuzzy hearth-warming picture whatever source you have wants you to believe.

Until then, stop spewing bullshit.
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:36:38 PM

No, autism is a disorder, not just a different way of looking at the world.

My nephew has a severe mental disorder that effects his quality of life in every imaginable way.  He can barely communicate, much less function in any sort of ordinary fashion and will need supervised care for the rest of his life. He will never be able to be a part of normal society in any way.

You have to be an absolute moron to think that a low functioning autist just " sees the world different" as opposed to having a disorder. It's fucking offensive to wave off other people's disorders, don't you get that? Or are to to spoiled and inexperienced in life to understand why you are pissing people off?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:39:32 PM

You don't think an altered perception could be what makes up the disorder?

evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:40:41 PM

No. It's genetics, not magic.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:42:06 PM

No. It's genetics, not magic.
Proof it's not both?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: