Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55259 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:20:21 PM

Still, no logical reasons debasing my statement have been made.

Oh, wait, 'cept all the motherfuckin' science on mental health?
We're not talking about science here, and we're not talking about mental illness.  Can't you find one simple way "We are one soul as a universe, perceiving life through different points of consciousness, learning about our universe (God) through science and spirituality." isn't true?

For fuck's sake, if you want to debate spiritual beliefs then take it to Politics and Society. This has zero to do with lending or your hookah lounge.
It has everything to do with it.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:21:54 PM

For fuck's sake, if you want to debate spiritual beliefs then take it to Politics and Society. This has zero to do with lending or your hookah lounge.

Actually, it kinda does, this whole clusterfuck pretty much caveat emptor'd the hell out of whatever business venture Dank is proposing.

Numbers? Financials? Plans? No need, I got karma and the assurance that our partnership will work out in at least one alternate universe!
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:23:27 PM

Seriously dank, I don't think you have any intention of actually starting a business.  You just want to use this forum as a captive audience for sperging about your utterly unoriginal perspective on metaphysics.  Get a blog.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:29:18 PM

Oh, wait, 'cept all the motherfuckin' science on mental health?
We're not talking about science here, and we're not talking about mental illness.  Can't you find one simple way "We are one soul as a universe, perceiving life through different points of consciousness, learning about our universe (God) through science and spirituality." isn't true?

Nah, before you went all ignoratio elenchi we were talking about those, and I'm pretty sure most of us still are. Nice try though.

It has everything to do with it.

Cause everything is one and stuff. Yes, all your future business partners need to hear about all this.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:34:08 PM

I have full intentions of starting a hookah lounge and becoming a rock star.  I'm reaching out through this forum for support, I know there's some bright minds out there.

Nah, before you went all ignoratio elenchi we were talking about those, and I'm pretty sure most of us still are. Nice try though.
Evolve claimed magic isn't real.  I'm countering that claim with logic supporting spirituality.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
fgervais

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:58:40 PM

I have full intentions of starting a hookah lounge and becoming a rock star.  I'm reaching out through this forum for support, I know there's some bright minds out there.

Evolve claimed magic isn't real.  I'm countering that claim with logic supporting spirituality.

Ignoratio elenchi. Google it.
repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:01:47 PM

Ignoratio elenchi.

You mean it isn't the name of a spell from the Harry Potter series?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:10:56 PM

Ignoratio elenchi.

You mean it isn't the name of a spell from the Harry Potter series?

Boy, that'd be a mouthful.

Dank friendly definition here: http://bit.ly/QH3L8L
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:56:27 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2012, 10:15:37 PM by evolve

Evolve claimed magic isn't real.  I'm countering that claim with logic supporting spirituality.

No, you are countering it with a bunch of nonsense. Your "answer" has nothing to do with the question, and you are apparently too stupid to realize it. You are stringing a bunch of words together to try to sound profound, and failing miserably. If you had more self awareness than a half dead goldfish you'd realize that.

Seriously , it's like answering "chair" to the question "what color is the sky?".  You can't just spew out a bunch of unrelated bullshit and call it an answer.

So again, prove magic exists, and more importantly, explain how it causes my nephews mental disorder. You made the claims, so back them up.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:22:30 PM

Evolve claimed magic isn't real.  I'm countering that claim with logic supporting spirituality.

No, you are countering it with a bunch of nonsense. Your "answer" has nothing to do with the question, and you are apparently too stupid to realize it. You are stringing a bunch of words together to try to sound profound, and failing miserably. If you had more self awareness than a half dead goldfish you'd realize that.

Seriously , it's like answering "chair" to the question "what color is the sky?".  You can't just spew out a bunch of unrelated bullshit and call it an answer.

So again, prove magic exists, and more importantly, explain how it causes my nephews mental disorder. You made the claims, so back them up.
Those were not my claims.  I made this claim "We are one soul as a universe, perceiving life through different points of consciousness, learning about our universe (God) through science and spirituality." and I still have seen nothing to prove otherwise.  Which part of this sentence is is inaccurate and why?  Calling it nonsense is not a logical reason.

This is very relevant, fgervais, for if you cannot understand this, I wouldn't expect you to understand how everything happens for a reason.

evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:28:30 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2012, 10:41:10 PM by evolve

Yes you did make those claims....

No, autism is a disorder, not just a different way of looking at the world.

My nephew has a severe mental disorder that effects his quality of life in every imaginable way.  He can barely communicate, much less function in any sort of ordinary fashion and will need supervised care for the rest of his life. He will never be able to be a part of normal society in any way.

You don't think an altered perception could be what makes up the disorder?

No. It's genetics, not magic.
Proof it's not both?

You clearly imply that magic is part of the cause of his mental disorder. Do you want me to dig up where you said you could prove it too?

And don't forget these amazingly stupid statements:

Mental problems aren't real, you think I'm crazy because you lack understanding, that's all they are - labels.

Physical weakness/disease/disorders are caused by a weak soul or negative environment.  I'm not saying down syndrome is a bad thing, for I have known some of the happiest people that were retarded.  I don't think they'd be able to grasp any change in their life, but it was brought upon them before they ever entered the world.

Mental disorders, disease, anything 'negative' is a reaction from the surrounding environment.  It's not random.  A positive environment would not produce these.
repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:38:45 PM

...everything happens for a reason.

This is not a logical argument.  It's an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence - which you have failed to provide.  The onus for providing evidence to support an extraordinary claim is on the person making that claim.

repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:41:52 PM

Do you want me to dig up where you said you could prove it too?

Can you did up the one about him knowing the cure for cancer while you're at it?  He'll be a billionaire in no time and able to open all the hookah lounges he wants  if he can prove that claim.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:46:16 PM

...everything happens for a reason.

This is not a logical argument.  It's an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence - which you have failed to provide.  The onus for providing evidence to support an extraordinary claim is on the person making that claim.
I have provided evidence, everything effects everything, for any change to occur, something must trigger that change.  This is why you can't go back in time, firstly because time isn't real, second, changing the past would change all the future.  As it stands, you have no evidence to prove otherwise.

Do you want me to dig up where you said you could prove it too?

Can you did up the one about him knowing the cure for cancer while you're at it?  He'll be a billionaire in no time and able to open all the hookah lounges he wants  if he can prove that claim.
Cannabis cures cancer, this is no secret.  Cannabis cures your soul, your body is directly effected by the health of your soul.

repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:50:33 PM

Cannabis cures cancer, this is no secret.  Cannabis cures your soul, your body is directly effected by the health of your soul.

So why didn't cannabis cure the souls of all the potheads I've known who've died of cancer (and believe me, as someone who was born in the 1960s and entered adulthood in the 1970s, a lot of my friends have been potheads)? Let me guess - cannabis only cures cancer in people who think exactly the right thoughts while being stoners. 

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:54:13 PM

Let me correct my statement.  Cannabis gives you the power to cure your soul.  It's what you make of it, how you use it.  Some people use drugs to lose themselves, others use them to find themselves.

evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:00:17 PM

I smoke medical marijuana on a daily basis. It's not magic, and it doesn't "cure your soul". It is simply a plant that contains a variety of chemicals that have a wide range of scientifically measurable therapeutic benefits.

Back on topic, I quoted your claims, now back them up.
repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:02:02 PM

Cannabis gives you the power to cure your soul.

I can't wait until you discover research chemicals.

evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:04:26 PM

Dude, don't send him down that path....I can't imagine how badly he'd wreck himself.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 11:07:45 PM

Oh I so need to read this thread in it's entirety  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: