Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:08:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55259 times)
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 09:13:36 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 09:26:33 AM by Rarity

^ Karma is not a Scientologist belief. 

Narconon is an extremely successful drug treatment program, it's association with the CoS is irrelevant.  Groups like NA/AA require belief in a higher power, Narconon keeps the focus where it should be, on cleansing the body of the toxins that are poisoning it.  

I'm not sure what my taste in movies has to do with spiritual beliefs, you are honestly getting weird and stalkery at this point.  I like Ender's Game and would love to try and fund a movie if the rights weren't tied up, but that doesn't make me a Mormon.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:28:08 AM

^ Karma is not a Scientologist belief. 

That would work against it.

Karma refers to the action that enshrouds cause and effect. It's a perfectly acceptable and conservative term independent of religious belief.

If you mean karma in the "memory of actions attached to the soul and carried between lifetimes" sense, well, that's something else.
drekk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 11:55:31 AM

Reading all these things about Kharma and considering dank's views on disorders etc., I've already thought of recommending Scientology myself.

At least they're good at making money.
Scientology loves money.

It's pretty cool it's like a monetized sarcastic spin on normal religions.... putting two fingers up at every other religion and saying your beliefs make so little sense it's more rational to believe whatever a science fiction writer tells us! I'm concerned it may be a sarcastic joke gone to far though, kind of reminds of the new south park episode sarcastaball!

It's genius. Well... thinking about how they keep people in the lower ranks "in line" spoils that a bit, but still: If such a business model would ever hit this forum, I'd be all over it investing. Grin

^ Karma is not a Scientologist belief.  [...]
For someone not willing to discuss his/her personal faith, you're making a pretty strong point in this thread. But you're right: It's off-topic here.

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:02:53 PM

Reading all these things about Kharma and considering dank's views on disorders etc., I've already thought of recommending Scientology myself.

At least they're good at making money.
Scientology loves money.

It's pretty cool it's like a monetized sarcastic spin on normal religions.... putting two fingers up at every other religion and saying your beliefs make so little sense it's more rational to believe whatever a science fiction writer tells us! I'm concerned it may be a sarcastic joke gone to far though, kind of reminds of the new south park episode sarcastaball!

It's genius. Well... thinking about how they keep people in the lower ranks "in line" spoils that a bit, but still: If such a business model would ever hit this forum, I'd be all over it investing. Grin

If someone could get people to believe they could keep growing their money by 7% a week on an ever growing balance... oh shit wait that's been done Smiley
drekk

Activity: 70

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 12:08:09 PM

[...]Scientology loves money.
It's pretty cool it's like a monetized sarcastic spin on normal religions....[...]
If someone could get people to believe they could keep growing their money by 7% a week on an ever growing balance... oh shit wait that's been done Smiley
Point is: If pirateat40 had been backed by Scientology, it probably could've become the largest and longest running Ponzi evarr. And there'd been a YouTube video featuring Tom Cruise with a pirate hat.

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:19:44 PM

lots of relevant commentary...
Just close this thread, you disgusting little degenerate, and go back to rubbing your face on a badly tuned guitar and calling it music.

Troop- I would be honored to buy you a drink to respect your grasp of the issue here. Dank's issue is not a failure to communicate, it is a failure to educate.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:43:34 PM

That's done right right there, can't use your thinking properly without some gud ole edumacation to tell you how its done!

Without knowing much about scientology, this is my opinion about it: It's perverted spirituality, like most any other religion.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:30:56 PM

I'm wondering, how much has been raised for the Hookah Lounge so far???
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:32:48 PM

I'm wondering, how much has been raised for the Hookah Lounge so far???

Nothing, except a pile of burnt bridges of course.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:35:00 PM

Just the $5000.  I've been busy with guitar lately.  I'm not in a hurry though, the hookah lounge will come.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
capn noe

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:44:44 PM

I'm trying to imagine, after reading the infamous 60 btc loan thread and this one, the type of arguments one could expect from dank about loan repayments. Not just any loan, but the largest loan being asked for on this forum at the moment.

Expecting a payment on Friday, and he missed it? You have no soul and obviously don't understand the way the universe works. He even called his previous lender greedy for holding him to an agreement that was LESS than dank offered himself in the first place.

I can't imagine a worse person to deal with trying to get repaid from, especially after seeing how dank spoke to his previous creditor. He ended up making up hypothetical situations about losing an arm and his mother dying to explain why he was late, in THEORY. Compound that by 10000x (I didn't know how much charcoal costs! I ended up having to get permits! trash bags are expensive! my landlord doesn't take bitcoin and I haven't heard from the exchange I've been using for days!) to get the slightest hint at how bad this would be for the lender.

The hookah lounge is a temporary idea though, dank will move on. The loan isn't for the lounge it's an investment in him, as a person. As an anonymous, unknown, musically talentless, 18 year old child that cannot for the life of him understand why people don't see how great he is.

Whew!
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:59:13 PM

I'm trying to imagine, after reading the infamous 60 btc loan thread and this one, the type of arguments one could expect from dank about loan repayments. Not just any loan, but the largest loan being asked for on this forum at the moment.

Expecting a payment on Friday, and he missed it? You have no soul and obviously don't understand the way the universe works. He even called his previous lender greedy for holding him to an agreement that was LESS than dank offered himself in the first place.

I can't imagine a worse person to deal with trying to get repaid from, especially after seeing how dank spoke to his previous creditor. He ended up making up hypothetical situations about losing an arm and his mother dying to explain why he was late, in THEORY. Compound that by 10000x (I didn't know how much charcoal costs! I ended up having to get permits! trash bags are expensive! my landlord doesn't take bitcoin and I haven't heard from the exchange I've been using for days!) to get the slightest hint at how bad this would be for the lender.

The hookah lounge is a temporary idea though, dank will move on. The loan isn't for the lounge it's an investment in him, as a person. As an anonymous, unknown, musically talentless, 18 year old child that cannot for the life of him understand why people don't see how great he is.

Whew!
That's what you got out of the 60 BTC loan thread?  I had lost all my money, MtGox locked my account with $300, and nckrazze wouldn't give me a break off the 1.5% daily interest (he said he would at first, but I took too long, obviously, since I was waiting on MtGox).  The dude could have not been greedy and adjusted the interest rate for what was supposed to be a 2-3 day loan.

The best part, though, is that I paid him every bit back, even with his 1.5% daily interest.  People like to leave that part out, it seems.

By the way, I'm not anonymous, I've confirmed my license with two members.  Nobody is talentless - you just have to make your talent, which I am in the process of doing.  And it's been, what, a month?  I believe I've progressed quite well for a month of practice.

capn noe

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:07:59 PM

Whew!
That's what you got out of the 60 BTC loan thread?  I had lost all my money, MtGox locked my account with $300, and nckrazze wouldn't give me a break off the 1.5% daily interest (he said he would at first, but I took too long, obviously, since I was waiting on MtGox).  The dude could have not been greedy and adjusted the interest rate for what was supposed to be a 2-3 day loan.

The best part, though, is that I paid him every bit back, even with his 1.5% daily interest.  People like to leave that part out, it seems.

By the way, I'm not anonymous, I've confirmed my license with two members.  Nobody is talentless - you just have to make your talent, which I am in the process of doing.  And it's been, what, a month?  I believe I've progressed quite well for a month of practice.

You are actually lying about the length that loan was supposed to be. Lying. Willfully lying.

You are anonymous to the people in this thread that you are asking to invest in you. You understand that, but are being willfully dense about it.

You are a talentless musical hack who hasn't been playing an instrument long enough to call yourself a 'beginner'.

How is this thread still even open? Nobody is taking this seriously..... right? Huh
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:20:07 PM

Here's a quasi serious thought (sorry... they just sort of bubble up sometimes!) just how oblivious to reality does one need to be to want to operate a hookah lounge, when one already has a business selling glass pipes to "help out a bud"Huh Not that anybody would ever research a business before licensing it, certainly not a landlord considering leasing commercial property to an 18 year old whose funds are an incomprehensible digital crypto-currency.

Kind of like putting a neon sign out there that advertises alternative herb use welcome here, and wondering why the cops keep kicking in the door?
capn noe

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:31:46 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 05:51:42 PM by capn noe

The whole damn thing is farce, he's admitted he's living off money from this and dankbank. He even seems to have accidentally discovered what a ponzi is. He's even rationalized it here, investing in his projects is investing in HIM so living off of the money sent to him is proper investing. Paying rent for the roof over dank is just a maintenance cost for the investment.

It's all farce! I've never read a more frustrating thread on a forum in all my days. FARCE!

FARCE!

\/ I think he's talking about all of the BTC 'invested' in dankbank to date, sans what he has spent out on other things. If you invest in dankbank, you invest in a hookah lounge by way of accidental ponzi used to gain investor confidence. By the time the ponzi goes bust the hookah lounge will be operational and bringing in enough profits to make sure nobody ever finds out.

So, farce.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:47:59 PM

Just the $5000.  I've been busy with guitar lately.  I'm not in a hurry though, the hookah lounge will come.

Wait, someone seriously invested $5000 in this project??  Who in the world was that?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:51:06 PM

Whew!
That's what you got out of the 60 BTC loan thread?  I had lost all my money, MtGox locked my account with $300, and nckrazze wouldn't give me a break off the 1.5% daily interest (he said he would at first, but I took too long, obviously, since I was waiting on MtGox).  The dude could have not been greedy and adjusted the interest rate for what was supposed to be a 2-3 day loan.

The best part, though, is that I paid him every bit back, even with his 1.5% daily interest.  People like to leave that part out, it seems.

By the way, I'm not anonymous, I've confirmed my license with two members.  Nobody is talentless - you just have to make your talent, which I am in the process of doing.  And it's been, what, a month?  I believe I've progressed quite well for a month of practice.

You are actually lying about the length that loan was supposed to be. Lying. Willfully lying.

You are anonymous to the people in this thread that you are asking to invest in you. You understand that, but are being willfully dense about it.

You are a talentless musical hack who hasn't been playing an instrument long enough to call yourself a 'beginner'.

How is this thread still even open? Nobody is taking this seriously..... right? Huh
Not lying, I honestly thought it was 2-3 days, it was a week.  And at 3%/day, not 1.5%, silly me.

What's your point?  At least 5 members know my name, two have seen my identity, I think that's substantial evidence to not be considered anonymous.

Yet I'm a fast learner and I play from the soul.  That's all I need to know I'll be successful.

Here's a quasi serious thought (sorry... they just sort of bubble up sometimes!) just how oblivious to reality does one need to be to want to operate a hookah lounge, when one already has a business selling glass pipes to "help out a bud"Huh Not that anybody would ever research a business before licensing it, certainly not a landlord considering leasing commercial property to an 18 year old whose funds are an incomprehensible digital crypto-currency.

Kind of like putting a neon sign out there that advertises alternative herb use welcome here, and wondering why the cops keep kicking in the door?
The bud is referring to DankGlass.  He said he'd throw me commission off sales for letting him use my logo, so I put his link in my sig.

The whole damn thing is farce, he's admitted he's living off money from this and dankbank. He even seems to have accidentally discovered what a ponzi is. He's even rationalized it here, investing in his projects is investing in HIM so living off of the money sent to him is proper investing. Paying rent for the roof over dank is just a maintenance cost for the investment.

It's all farce! I've never read a more frustrating thread on a forum in all my days. FARCE!

FARCE!
Yeah, is there something wrong with what I am doing?  Having other people support you is wrong?  People that see your vision, believe in you and support you, is wrong?  And people even earn weekly interest for supporting me.  I guess that's wrong though.

I've been dreadfully honest, my living expenses consist of two gallon jugs of water each week, plastic utensils every other week, laundry once a week, gas and food.  The only clothing I've bought in a couple months was a pair of pants for $4.80.  I'm living minimally to focus my energy and capital on my ventures that will help me grow and succeed.

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:56:29 PM

Do you eat food off paper plates and plastic cutlery?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:02:05 PM

Yes.  I get paper plates, paper bowls, paper towels and toilet paper for free, though.

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:04:02 PM

Yes.  I get paper plates, paper bowls, paper towels and toilet paper for free, though.

Maybe there's a business for you selling them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: