Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:14:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin staking - the new way to get altcoins and stay in the game  (Read 10033 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 06:19:57 PM by crazyivan

Hey guys,

I ve got a lot of experience with PoS, been involved into staking for almost a year. I strongly believe as soon as KnC produces these solar powered 16nm miners, PoW mining diff s gonna skyrocket so much and the only people who ll be able to continue mining are whales and ASIC producers. This means PoS and staking will take the role of mining for ordinary home miners. All in all, I think getting into staking is a smart thing to do.

Regarding coin selection, one needs to be very careful when choosing which coins to stake

A few things to consider:

1 ) How old is the coin and how long is their rollout plan? I personally choose coins at least 1 year old, possibly 2 years. If the coins s been around that long, this means there is a devoted dev team behind it and not only people who want to cash out and run. Coin rollout plan is related to how long in the future they plan to introduce new stuff and develop the coin. If there is a long term plan posted by the dev team on their pages, this is something to consider.

2) Premine. If there is premine, avoid the coin. These coins are generally set up by their dev teams to push the price up and then unload their premined coins and run.

3) Staking rate. I choose coins with up to 60-80% stake rate per year max. Those with 500-1000%, well this simply is not sustainable. Again, I m searching for coins I can keep holding and profiting from them in 2-5 years time.

4) Inflation control and the total number of coins available. This is very important. A good PoS coins MUST have a great way to keep supply and the number of coins under control. Coins with unlimited supply or coins with max supply of 1000000000000+ are usually not a good choice. Coins with medium quantity and high market capitalization are the best option.

5) Market capitalization, that is the number of coins available x the price. This shows the real stength of the coin, especially if this market cap s been rising over time. This means the coin s becoming more and more expensive, under condition the quantity s under control.

6) Liquidity. There s no point of holding a coin which you cannot sell. Generally, anything around 2BTC per day is satisfactory. The more the better.

7) Home page. If the home page is non existent or very amateurish, this might mean the coin is usually one man team or lacking a sufficient financial support to develop a professional home page. Who wants to invest into a venture without a home page containing the most important info. Transparency is very important.

My favorite coins, based on all these recommendations is DMD Diamond coin.
Here is the page if someone s interested: https://bit.diamonds/
Here is also Bittrex page: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DMD

The quanitity s only 4.38 mill, the price went up almost 100% compared to two months ago and the dev team s very active and honest.
There is a nice cloud mining promotion on their website and annual PoS interest rate is 25%. This means if you hold and stake 100 coins, u get to another 25 per year as interest.
Here is the link: https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,113.0.html

Again, I m a bit biased towards DMD Diamond since I hold it for a long time and it has never disappointed me. There are several other interesting coins which satisfy most of criteria I ve posted here and I do consider differentiation important.

Update: I have also invested into Flycoin recently. Fly is a coin with a lot of innovations, if you re into PoS, I suggest to take a look, especially anti-dump and Superfly options.  
Here is the main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0

I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to contact me in case anyone s got more questions on the topic.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:33:39 AM

Could you advice some others POS Coin for staking beside DMD Diamond. I do really have an interest about Staking
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:18:19 AM

Could you advice some others POS Coin for staking beside DMD Diamond. I do really have an interest about Staking

Sure, pls PM me and I ll gladly share my personal distribution.

bittamak

Activity: 444

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:34:38 AM

Good points...I have also invested in DMD. ...Any other recommendations....sending you pm if you don't mind!
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:06:56 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 04:44:28 PM by shveicar

Good review. I agree that you should not invest in coins the number of which has no clear meaning.
This is as paper money are printed to infinity, depending on the wishes of the government.
 I think that the diamond looks attractive financial instrument, although it has at the moment a small market. But this is understandable, since the coins will only be 4.38 million and currently produced just 1.08 million diamonds.

Also add that never buy coins marked * or ** Tagged on the site  http://coinmarketcap.com/
This coins from puppeteers and created for get rich quickly his developers.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:40:45 AM

Well, the number of PoS coins is going to grow as PoW diff continues to go up and home miners start searching for alternatives. This is why it is important to choose the good ones to stake.

www.www

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:42:57 AM

I absolutely agree with your vision for the future PoS coins. Do not turn your eyes away from the developers abandoned coins. They are so cheap now what is the absolute investment potential. The main indicator of a functioning network. I support one of these coins. It is GB. Surreptitious advertising. Grin However, take a look.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

Nice share! With mining situation like this now, PoS is good choice.
AFAIK amber coin is legit right? But I must have 10000 coins before I ready for stake CMIIW

Also I want to hear about legit altcoin which legit and easy to stake, shoot me with PM is not problem Wink
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:18:28 PM

Diamond continues to fly up!

Come fly with us!

https://bit.diamonds/

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 09:31:46 PM

AFAIK amber coin is legit right? But I must have 10000 coins before I ready for stake CMIIW

Also I want to hear about legit altcoin which legit and easy to stake, shoot me with PM is not problem Wink

Problem with staking is that you need to leave the wallet open. In that sense, PoW also has it flaws, but has a more solid distribution if you start factoring in a lot of "noobs". Because depending on userfriendlyness, a lot of those will be joining (even more).

For example, my mum won't have her wallet open all the time, even if she made use of a coin every day for small payments.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:41:10 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 05:59:19 PM by crazyivan

Problem with staking is that you need to leave the wallet open. In that sense, PoW also has it flaws, but has a more solid distribution if you start factoring in a lot of "noobs". Because depending on userfriendlyness, a lot of those will be joining (even more).

For example, my mum won't have her wallet open all the time, even if she made use of a coin every day for small payments.

This is not true. You can open your wallet and stake once a week or once a month if you like. In the meantime, even offline, your coins gain age and once you unlock your wallet, they stake.
So, in this sense, PoS is much superior to PoW.

Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:44:15 PM

This is not true. You can open your wallet and stake once a week or once a month if you like. In the meantime, even offline, your coins gain maturity and once you unlock your wallet, they stake.

Ah, so keeping it open after a week until you hit a block and closing it would be enough? Because I had that my silkcoin wallet had a big serie of small hits throughout the day all the time. So I assumed I would lose a lot of the dust by closing it for longer times. That's what the thread for the coin said back then.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

This is not true. You can open your wallet and stake once a week or once a month if you like. In the meantime, even offline, your coins gain maturity and once you unlock your wallet, they stake.

Ah, so keeping it open after a week until you hit a block and closing it would be enough? Because I had that my silkcoin wallet had a big serie of small hits throughout the day all the time. So I assumed I would lose a lot of the dust by closing it for longer times. That's what the thread for the coin said back then.

If you keep it open 24/7 u ll stake smaller amount cause you coin are not very mature. If you keep it closed for a month, your coins will be mature and you ll stake for the entire month during 1-2 days. So, no real difference, it s up to the user, nothing s being lost if you do not have you wallet open all the time.

Btw, DMD cloud promotion offering 60% ROI the moment you invest will end on July 13. Just a few more days for you guys to take this opportunity.

CoinCajigger

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

I <3 Zennies

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 09:09:07 PM

great post, thank you for sharing this. i'm very interested in PoS coins and staking to earn more so this a good starting point. definitely going to look at DMD

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:01:20 PM

Just above 2 week until 2nd DMD Diamond birthday.

This also shows how stable this coins is. How many alt coins you know, besides the big 5, which have been around long enough to reach year 3?

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:19:31 PM

I think 50% per annum is a very good reason for that would be in the game.
Neither bank deposit is not provide this level of income.
Even successful speculation with Bitcoin, at current prices will not bring a profit as diamond POS mining.
And every 1000 diamonds will bring you income ~ 10 DMD each week. 10000 diamonds is ~ 15 DMD per day.
This is equivalent to earnings with good mining farm.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

10.september 2014

29.june 2015

really no more promotion is required, let me just show you these facts. September 2014 compared to June 2015, price comparison.

DMD/USD  0.0685  -> 0.2731+398%
DMD/BTC  0.00014 -> 0.00108 +771%

Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:00:46 PM

10.september 2014

29.june 2015

really no more promotion is required, let me just show you these facts. September 2014 compared to June 2015, price comparison.

This looks good. Let me have a look Wink  Have some BTC idling at the moment, why not try this on the side Wink
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:32:14 PM

10.september 2014

29.june 2015

This looks good. Let me have a look Wink  Have some BTC idling at the moment, why not try this on the side Wink

It does not get better then this. Also, all this is excluding 50% PoS annual interest rate.

crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:41:34 PM

Interesting thread Smiley

Looking at DMD now

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████