Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BOUGHT: Square/SquareUp Credit card reader dongle  (Read 1239 times)
wyager (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:20:46 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 02:50:55 AM by wyager

I am looking to purchase a Square credit card reader dongle. They're free, so basically I'm just paying you for the trouble of shipping it to me.

I will pay .4BTC for one of the newer ones with built-in encryption and .5BTC for one of the older ones with no encryption hardware.

If you don't know what you have, assume it's the newer one (.4BTC, because it probably is). That price includes shipping. So again, I'm basically just paying you .4BTC to ship something free to me in a cheap padded envelope.

Edit: Transaction went well. Thanks to theboss.

OTC-WoT: 1BWF66DuVqBCSFksUgkLtdYmHucpBgPmVm
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:23:56 AM

Just a FYI, they sell them in Walmart for like $10 with a $10 credit when you register an account with them.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 02:56:01 PM

I am looking to purchase a Square credit card reader dongle. They're free, so basically I'm just paying you for the trouble of shipping it to me.

I will pay .4BTC for one of the newer ones with built-in encryption and .5BTC for one of the older ones with no encryption hardware.

If you don't know what you have, assume it's the newer one (.4BTC, because it probably is). That price includes shipping. So again, I'm basically just paying you .4BTC to ship something free to me in a cheap padded envelope.

If it matters to you, I'm working on potentially open-sourcing them. I just need a few more to experiment on.

Theres not much to open source, the square reader is nothing more than a magnetic pickup, the exact same as in a cassette tape player, thats connected to the microphone input on your phone. I wrote a decoder a while ago.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
wyager (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:01:34 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 02:50:44 AM by wyager

Just a FYI, they sell them in Walmart for like $10 with a $10 credit when you register an account with them.

I know. I don't want to do this for a few reasons.

If it matters to you, I'm working on potentially open-sourcing them. I just need a few more to experiment on.

Theres not much to open source, the square reader is nothing more than a magnetic pickup, the exact same as in a cassette tape player, thats connected to the microphone input on your phone. I wrote a decoder a while ago.

Like 6 months ago Visa required them to implement in-dongle encryption.

OTC-WoT: 1BWF66DuVqBCSFksUgkLtdYmHucpBgPmVm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: