Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 iPhone 6's up for grabs  (Read 1610 times)
Don.Don (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:09:29 PM

I am selling 2 iPhone 6's boxed in excellent condition.

See image here: http://tinypic.com/r/nlsglu/8

Want $1200 for both via BTC. ESCROW ONLY.

PM or or add me on ICQ 688632008.

Thanks for reading!
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 12:16:57 PM

Which escrow are you planning to use? Where are you shipping from and to?

Are these iphones unlocked?
Don.Don (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:20:17 PM

www.thebtcescrow.com - used it a few times, seems decent.

Shipping from the USA. I can pay it.

And they are unlocked.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:28:35 PM

And they are unlocked.

You think anyone's going to fall for your scam?

WHOIS thebtcescrow.com:

Code:
Updated Date: 2015-06-12T06:45:31.00Z
Creation Date: 2015-06-12T13:45:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-06-12T13:45:00.00Z

Signature space available for rent.
Don.Don (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:30:26 PM

Huh? I said I only used it a few times for small transactions, wasn't aware when it was registered. I'll use another escrow if you want.
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:52:19 PM

Huh? I said I only used it a few times for small transactions, wasn't aware when it was registered. I'll use another escrow if you want.

When did you use them?
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:14:00 PM

And they are unlocked.

Jesus christ... I have to give it to OP, at least this a little more creative than the usual scam attempts.
If anybody will use this "escrow" page, then are they almost asking to be scammed. The whole point of using escrow is not just to use any escrow, this provides no security. The escrow should an entity that both party trust.
acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:18:03 PM

And they are unlocked.

You think anyone's going to fall for your scam?

WHOIS thebtcescrow.com:

Code:
Updated Date: 2015-06-12T06:45:31.00Z
Creation Date: 2015-06-12T13:45:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-06-12T13:45:00.00Z

That website must be very legit. 10,000+ transactions in 1 day time is pretty impressive.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:05:03 PM

I am fairly certain that you have not used their service a few times considering the fact that the domain was just registered a day ago.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:57:17 PM

So we've got another 'newbie' trying to sell not one but two iPhones and he said he's used an escrow service before where the domain and website are only a day old.

100% scam from all angles.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 12:06:23 AM

Just for any Google searches a potential victim does for www.thebtcescrow.com -

www.thebtcescrow.com The BTC Escrow Review - SCAM Site, False Escrow, Avoid. Website only registered 1 day ago and claims to have completed 10,000+ escrow transactions and have 57 employees at a surely false address listed to be in London.

Also- there is not even any way of setting up escrow for a legitimate transaction on there...
I clicked "Create Escrow" after typing '1' into the "Bitcoin Amount" field and it gives you a Bitcoin address to deposit to and a 'tracking number', and says to notify them once you have received your item. There are no fields to enter details about the transaction, no payment address for the seller's Bitcoin to be transferred to after the buyer receives the item, etc.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:35:41 AM

www.thebtcescrow.com The BTC Escrow Review - SCAM Site, False Escrow, Avoid. Website only registered 1 day ago and claims to have completed 10,000+ escrow transactions and have 57 employees at a surely false address listed to be in London.

Also- there is not even any way of setting up escrow for a legitimate transaction on there...
I clicked "Create Escrow" after typing '1' into the "Bitcoin Amount" field and it gives you a Bitcoin address to deposit to and a 'tracking number', and says to notify them once you have received your item. There are no fields to enter details about the transaction, no payment address for the seller's Bitcoin to be transferred to after the buyer receives the item, etc.

Nice one I agree, also for google searches: thebtcescrow.com site is a scam do not use it.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:12:47 PM

Nice one I agree, also for google searches: thebtcescrow.com site is a scam do not use it.
Lol, it didn't seem like the op worked TOO hard on that website.  After all. It's asking you to send money, talk later.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:55:22 PM

Nice reasearch.... I did not even try to input anything on the "escrow" page, everything looked so fake that I evaluated that this is 99.9999% of a scam attempt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: