Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:20:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to escape from ChargeBacks?  (Read 2156 times)
BTC786 (OP)

Activity: 495
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:58:43 PM

I wanted to know how to escape from Chargebacks?

Let's say if you are going to sell BTC for PayPal.

So I'm giving one of my PayPal email and once I received the BTC, if I transfer the payment to another PayPal email of mine, still is there any possibility to chargeback my second PayPal which TRANSFERRED TO?

Please advise.
Orangina

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:04:16 PM

So I'm giving one of my PayPal email and once I received the BTC, if I transfer the payment to another PayPal email of mine, still is there any possibility to chargeback my second PayPal which TRANSFERRED TO?

Please advise.

of course not otherwise the whole transactions of paypal will get raped
if you send to a second Paypal account , your money is safe however if your first paypal account is related to credit card or bank account they may take off money from it , if not ... your balance will become negative and they will take money once you have it on ur account
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:17:30 PM

Its amazing that paypal deals happen,I have read nothing but bad stuff about chargebacks.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 06:29:12 PM

Please advise.
Depends on how far the people at paypal want to go.  That's not a question to ask this forum, but paypal themselves.  Additionally, the best way to "escape" is to not do these easily reversible transactions unless you are up for the risk.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:50:09 PM

Please advise.

Sadly BTC is not easy to buy/sell with paypal.   There is not a good way to stop bogus chargebacks.  So this creates the ones who do sell for paypal to get a considerable margin over that day's prices. (I'm guessing you saw prices and that's why want to sell or it)

Paypal can easily lock accounts.  If they see a history of transferring money into another account and there is a chargeback they simply have to lock both accounts.  Only way the money is really safe is if it's pulled out of paypal.  Even then though they could come after you on a chargeback.   

I highly suggest not doing paypal for BTC.  Until paypal changes policy's it is not worth it in my opinion.  Only thing you might be able to do better is send a paper wallet in mail and say no return.   You can then show paypal a delivery of something, could make it signature required to strengthen it.  But it still can be a dispute even with this.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:20:22 PM

Please advise.

Sadly BTC is not easy to buy/sell with paypal.   There is not a good way to stop bogus chargebacks.  So this creates the ones who do sell for paypal to get a considerable margin over that day's prices. (I'm guessing you saw prices and that's why want to sell or it)

Paypal can easily lock accounts.  If they see a history of transferring money into another account and there is a chargeback they simply have to lock both accounts.  Only way the money is really safe is if it's pulled out of paypal.  Even then though they could come after you on a chargeback.   

I highly suggest not doing paypal for BTC.  Until paypal changes policy's it is not worth it in my opinion.  Only thing you might be able to do better is send a paper wallet in mail and say no return.   You can then show paypal a delivery of something, could make it signature required to strengthen it.  But it still can be a dispute even with this.

The receiver would claim that the address was empty, or got emptied while in transit.

How could the seller prove otherwise?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 08:42:12 PM

paypal is the biggest shit in history. i would love to have an alternativ. this is why i love bitcoin  Cheesy

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:27:34 PM

paypal is the biggest shit in history. i would love to have an alternativ. this is why i love bitcoin  Cheesy

completely agree, paypal is the worst wen it comes to their chargeback policies; the scammer wins just about all the time, I dont plan on using paypal again either after some recent events.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3563

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:34:06 PM

I think, when you sell btc with paypal, there is a really little probability to get back money.
Get back btc  Grin Grin really impossible! At least you can hope the thief have some retard and give you access to him pc... yes for me it's impossible and no one can help you in this case.

Maybe if you sell "voucher code" related to btc, you can be more lucky because the thief can left some "trace" around here...

There is only one solution: Not accept paypal!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:43:24 PM

there is no way to fully prevent chargebacks with Paypal. they will freeze the money at any point down the line. you can only deal with reputable people and charge a premium to account for the risk of chargebacks.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 11:35:11 PM

Please advise.

You realise you can have a negative balance right? I'm also pretty sure it's against PayPal's TOS to have two accounts.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:08:53 AM

Please advise.

The receiver would claim that the address was empty, or got emptied while in transit.

How could the seller prove otherwise?

That is why I personally never would sell BTC for paypal.  There is no way to prove the buyer got it.

With shipping a paper wallet with signature you could show coin's leaving after they sign for package.  So that show's something if you needed to.  It would help in a dispute but you could still lose it as you cant show went to buyer on BTC.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:54:57 AM

paypal has always been shit.. even before bitcoin..
if you sell something on ebay, and the buyer says it doesnt work.. the first thing paypal does is freeze your account and take the money back.. if its not in there they will take it from the bank or credit card that is tied to the account..

to get your money back YOU prove it was working before you sold it..

JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:58:48 AM

the thing bout paypal is your account CAN go to the negative so even if you already took the $ which you were paid off the account it can still be charged back and now you are in debt to paypal...
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:03:22 AM

tl;dr - don't sell BTC for PayPal

/thread
BTC786 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:41:10 AM

Thanks for the responses  Angry
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:20:46 PM

Thanks for the responses  Angry

Also though if you have the person pay an invoice and state on the invoice when they pay it that they have already received the services with no complaints that will help your case if someone does try to charge back since they are already stated to have gotten the service as paid for and expected with no complaints
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:23:46 PM

You transfer it to your bank account, then close your paypal account and stop buying bitcoin with paypal and stop using PP period.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:29:50 AM

Please advise.

First of all PayPal doesn't like bitcoin transactions and second fact is that PP doesn't offer Seller protection for any digital product/good. the only way to be safe which exchanging PP to BTC is to ask the Buyer to send the payment via mass payment as I guess mass payments cannot be chargedback or the other option is deal with a trusted buyer only.

BTC786 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

what about Skrill? Is this same as PayPal?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: