Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebuilding Communities and Identities with USB sticks and Love  (Read 259 times)
Westin Landon Cox (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 04:45:52 PM

Odinn wrote an interesting article recently:

https://odinn.cyberguerrilla.org/index.php/2015/05/15/community-and-identity/

Here's an excerpt:

Finally, as people strive to find their own role in rapidly changing societies, they must prepare completely different tools and processes of organization to sustain themselves, and as part of this process, abandon old ways.  This requires cultivation of a mindset in which you will have largely attained freedom from fear in the context of typical judgments and condemnations (which are designed to elicit fear in the population), and where you will also need to enhance the level of comfort and support provided by local community networks to help you weather the storms as you proceed to seek out change in your community and beyond.

In the process of working through how to move forward to make technological tools for communities to take ownership of their future, one of the real failures of the software development communities, particularly in privacy oriented circles, has been the issue of complexity in what they have produced.  That which is good for helping people to protect themselves against real threats, has often been developed without an eye to what most people would consider obstacles to practical use.

With this in mind, I've presented here a guide to rebuilding and rebooting communities for increased independence (financial and other) from the corporation-state which is intended to be as simple as possible and, with some help from others in your community, the hope here is that these tools will provide a fully portable starting point which can be used and shared (even when you don't have access to internet).  Everything shown here is intended to be fit onto a USB drive and run from there, to keep things as streamlined as possible.

Part of it talks about IDMAS, an identity management system for Tails based on BIP0032 (HD Wallets). It can be used to have multiple identities each of which has their own bitcoin addresses. It would be bad OpSec to admit whether or not I've used IDMAS or have any connection to the project, so I won't. I also won't encourage any of you to give testimonials because that would be bad OpSec for you.  Wink But if you're someone concerned about the modern surveillance state, you might try out the Tails/IDMAS/USB stick combo.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:55:59 PM

How did you find this site? Just curious,its a interesting post.
Westin Landon Cox (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 05:10:06 PM

It was a recommendation via Twitter, probably because I tweeted about IDMAS in the past.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: