Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 10:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Workout/weight loss  (Read 788 times)
Sourgummies (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:56:59 PM

Lets talk about your weekly workout routines or tips for working out and losing weight.

I am by no means a guy that knows anything about this and wanted to see if others have interesting tips or ideas.

Started about a year ago after being out of breath and having scary heart beats from just walking up the stairs.
So I started walking and developed shin splints but had to work through it,no way was I giving up and getting fatter(235lbs).
Currently a year later I am 178lbs and feeling way better,so much more that I think I can tackle new stuff without looking like a clown(to much).

So I still walk but will turning that into jogging/sprints in July if all goes well.
I do bodyweight excercises and plan to keep it that way till I hit my goal of 165lbs.
After that I plan to build muscle up to 185lbs and stay there.

I really did not change my diet and most likely need to improve there.

Goals:

- Think its called a pistol squat(ankles are holding off achieving this)
- Farmer squat(the one where you can sit straight down like your taking a crap.
- Getting way more flexible
- Paddleboading (I know trendy) I live near the ocean,so why not use it
- 165 lbs by end of summer
- Jogging without dying

Tips,stories,goals,thoughts all welcome and appreciated. Lets get each other in shape.
hanomnom

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:34:24 PM

I go cycling every day, well most days. I also hula hoop (you know like what you did on school playground). I've learnt quite a few tricks on the hula hoop too. Really great for working the abs out. My belly has never been so flat in my life.

I also eat a gluten free diet which keeps me from getting bloated. I try and keep my sugar intake to a minimum and eat plenty of fruit and veg. Want to try the paleo diet but I cant imagine havving to avoid all dairy, white potatoes and above all else PEANUT BUTTER. I could not live without peanut butter, even if you paid me 100 bitcoins to do so!  Tongue
hmblm1245

Activity: 628

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:51:54 AM

Gains Gains Gains. Bro-science Tip.
Malcolm Flex invites you to have Leggs Benedict in Biamai with Swolbroham Lincoin.

Seriously tho - Diet Diet Diet. Went from 150 to 200 then back to 155 and now at 180. I will bounce around during bulks and cuts. Now im on a natty bulk to 200.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:55:04 AM

Grats on the weight loss Smiley

I go to Judo 3 times a week, and jogging 2 miles 3 times a week, also some misc stuf here and there.  I want to increase to doing some cardio every day, but its tough when oyu are lazy as I am.
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:38:39 AM

Congrats , you made it . I weigh only 60 kg and I dont feel any difficulty now , but dont know about future . However I am physically sound and can run for few kilometers .
Sourgummies (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:58:18 PM

Friends wedding in 2 weeks,going to push and see if I can get to 170 by then.

SaktoWuN

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:25:40 PM

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

easiest way to lose weight is to lift and manage your calorie intake; this article will give you most of what you need
goodguyed

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

It's hard to say what is and isn't realistic for you without knowing quite a bit more, but just make sure that you're not losing too much, too fast leading up to the wedding. If you don't lose it the right way, the patient and disciplined way, you'll probably gain it back.

Losing weight and being healthy is a long-term goal. Short term success stories are just that - short term.

Signature for sale by owner
SaktoWuN

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:39:02 PM

It's hard to say what is and isn't realistic for you without knowing quite a bit more, but just make sure that you're not losing too much, too fast leading up to the wedding. If you don't lose it the right way, the patient and disciplined way, you'll probably gain it back.

Losing weight and being healthy is a long-term goal. Short term success stories are just that - short term.

if he really pushes it at the gym (2+ hours a day) OP cna maybe get 10 pounds off
both lifting and cardio of course
Purple Wayne

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:47:23 PM

Well this is where you need to start. You can only lose weight by eating less and exercising more. Try swap your daily commute for walking or cycling and swap any drinks like soda cofee bear etc for water.

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the Purple Wayne.
SaktoWuN

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:51:22 PM

Well this is where you need to start. You can only lose weight by eating less and exercising more. Try swap your daily commute for walking or cycling and swap any drinks like soda cofee bear etc for water.

all the exercise in the world doesnt matter without a good diet, listen to this guy.
Sourgummies (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:33:00 PM

Diets a interesting place and I am sure that better gains could be made by narrowing in on my diet. The only issue I have with that is I am about to start jogging instead of doing laps walking at the track. If I feel low I may fall back on my workouts,so its a juggling game. Figure I need 2 weeks to make the habit of jogging stick. After that I will go nuts on the diet and clean it up.

I think 6 pounds in 2 weeks is a high goal and would be happy with 4 pounds but aim high right?
The last year has been mostly 2 pounds a week or less,maybe 3 times I dropped 4-5 pounds overnight.

Bodyfat is at 20% right now and would like to see if break 18%
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 06:20:32 PM

Diets a interesting place and I am sure that better gains could be made by narrowing in on my diet. The only issue I have with that is I am about to start jogging instead of doing laps walking at the track. If I feel low I may fall back on my workouts,so its a juggling game. Figure I need 2 weeks to make the habit of jogging stick. After that I will go nuts on the diet and clean it up.

I think 6 pounds in 2 weeks is a high goal and would be happy with 4 pounds but aim high right?
The last year has been mostly 2 pounds a week or less,maybe 3 times I dropped 4-5 pounds overnight.

Bodyfat is at 20% right now and would like to see if break 18%
It isn't a high goal actually. That's 3 pounds per week.
Usually 1-2 pounds per week is cited as a safe amount, however there is insufficient data to support these numbers. The question is what makes 3-4 pounds (or more) a week unsafe? This really depends on your total body weight. For you I would say that 3 pounds a week is perfectly fine and actually easy to do with cardio. Heck I've seen people lose 10 to 20 pounds in a single week (unsafe depending on maximum body weight).
Judging from your body fat you've got a long way to go.

Looking at your goals I do not see anything about your body. Could you elaborate your stance towards that or do you just not care on how you look (as long as the other criteria have been met)?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sourgummies (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:25:24 PM

The only spot on my body that I would say I still have a hang up with is my core. Would guess most of my fat is in that area.
Used to be in my lower back and chest as well but have cut down in both those areas. Pullups have done wonders for my upper back and chest.
Think the lower back is from walking so much.

If I lean out and get the abs under control I will focus on my legs being more defined and then my shoulders/arms.

Since I will be adding jogging and diet I think I should see some major improvements in less than a month.

My goals should be attainable by the end of the summer and once I hit those,will most likely want to improve more.

5'10
177lbs
Should hit 176 by the end of the week.

If I lose 9 pounds am I correct in thinking I will be 15% bodyfat or am I missing something?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: