Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:10:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was stolen 100+ BTC, don't know what to do - please help  (Read 2376 times)
Gerreoril (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:08:30 PM

I'm just completely lost and have no idea what to do. I've been lurking on here for about a year now, and respect all of you and would appreciate your input.

I'll try my best to keep this short and to the point.

I gambled on a Bitcoin gambling site, and won a few Bitcoins (~XX). I moved those Bitcoins to my wallet with XXX amount of Bitcoins, and then moved them to BTC-e for some trading.

I traded for 3-4 days, made some very nice profits (was going all in, my gambler mentality actually paid off). Then, for some reason my withdraws were denied. I figured it was nothing, opened a support ticket asking what was going on, and kept on going. The next day I tried logging in,

"Account suspended. Contact support."

At this point I was pretty confused. Little did I know, it was the start to one of the longest nightmares of my life. I opened another support ticket, asking what the hell was going on. After 3-4 days of complete silence from the support, I decided to use Google Translate and post my support tickets in Russian. Finally, a day later I got a response.

We received a report that your Bitcoins are stolen.

What the fuck? I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion, so I asked who reported that. Turns out it was the gambling site I went to. I explained to them that no stealing occured, and told them that the site owner may be mad I actually turned a profit. They insisted that I had stolen them (since when is BTC-e the Bitcoin police?), and asked for a picture of my passport to "verify my identity." I was desperate to get my coins back, so I complied entirely. They asked for some other information and said a police investigation would take place and would take 30 business days. I happily waited 30 days, and lo and behold, my account was still locked with no word from BTC-e. I'm assuming the "police" were made up and BTC-e used it as an excuse to potentially scare me off, that probably would have worked had I done anything wrong.

For the next few months, it usually consisted of me posting a support ticket, waiting 5-6 days, then getting a response from BTC-e like "show us a screenshot of X."

I showed them a screenshot of my balance on the gambling site, screenshot of my Bitcoin wallet verifying I deposited the coins, screenshot of all kinds of shit. I feel like they were purposely wasting my time. After a few months of that, they asked me to contact the gambling site. I did, no response. The fact that they are asking me to contact the very people who are trying to scam me is fucking pathetic and infuriating.

Now, every time I post a support ticket they close it with no response. I have no idea what to do. I've contacted my local police, FBI, and multiple lawyers. All said they can't do anything, because no one knows who runs BTC-e or they were outside jurisdiction. If any of you have an idea on what I should do, please tell me.

tl;dr BTC-e is risky as fuck, be careful and don't make the same mistake I did

EDIT: You guys wanted screenshots, here they are.

My skype conversation with them in Russian.

In that Skype conversation they basically asked for a photo of my passport, I told them I didn't have one and sent them a picture of my ID instead. They later said they they contacted the police to verify my information in this picture.

My ticket where they told me to "contact the gambling site" (the one attempting to scam me)

Where I say "here" is where I sent them a screenshot of my wallet (lol) for them to "verify" some other bullshit. They then ask me to contact the gambling service, I tell them no, they stop responding for a few days, then close the ticket.
EvenMatt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★secondstrade.com★

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:09:43 PM

i guess if you really lost 100bitcoins then you have enough money to buy another 100bitcoins.
because nobody with a average income would play with 100bitcoins^^

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:11:52 PM

Seems like you're the same person from Reddit that's posting about losing money on BTC-e. Well, they're a bit shady and completely unknown... They also probably think they're doing the right thing. Have the coins moved from the exchange's address? Have they moved back to bitdice? You should also insist with Bitdice staff, there's a thread from them in the Gambling forum.

Anyways, I'm sorry for your loss. You won't probably see the coins back. If you do, you're a lucky guy...
francis.cameron

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:19:41 PM

Unfortunately these will be lost forever  Undecided
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:34:09 PM

Have btc-e returned them to the gambling site?
Gerreoril (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:34:56 PM

I don't know, they are not answering anymore.
Gultahin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:39:36 PM

sad,to hear your loss..
never thought of it, i have heard this one biggest rob till yet here..
bro, you cant get the bitcoins back nor any support ticket will work, once the coins are gone they are gone for ever.

bad luck, Undecided

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
CoinUser123

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:45:33 PM

Well...did you steal them? Like, honestly?

Whether you did or didn't is irrelevant. BTC-e has no authority to make this sort of determination on any basis, moral or legal. Particularly because they are in violation of so many KYC/AML/BSA policies themselves.

A word of caution to anybody still using BTC-e: You are fools. This exchange will be down and your coins will be lost inside of 2 years. Move them while you still can.

U.S. Justice Department indictments and forfeitures are coming...wait and see.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:16:54 AM

Next time, use sites like www.100bit.co.in to exchange 100 bitcoin. They dont ask for KYC, they dont need you to store your fund at site wallet.

bitcoin1992

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:23:43 AM

FUD ...   Link to http://imgur.com/ screenshots  Created 2 months ago
xeryan

Activity: 337

HTML5/Node.js/PHP developer

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:46:36 AM

So BTC-e is scam? Please confirm
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:51:59 AM

i guess if you really lost 100bitcoins then you have enough money to buy another 100bitcoins.
because nobody with a average income would play with 100bitcoins^^

maybe somehow this gamble site and exchange site or co-owned by same group?
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:57:16 AM

Interesting. I used btc-e for a small transaction before, but I might think twice in the future.  This is not the first thing I have heard about them being shady.  There are plenty of exchanges out there with a good reputation, so why take the chance?
BusyBeaverHP

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:37:54 AM

My speculation is that BTC-e selectively steals from people whose coins are associated with non-legal activities.

Coins from gambling sites are stolen because BTC-e think you can't tell the police.
brunoshady

Activity: 262

Dubs Get

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:45:52 AM

mhm, you can possibly threaten them with legal action, what country are they hosted in?

😆
Dire

Activity: 112

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:02:34 AM

If you have the address of the coins you can see if they still have the coins, or if they've moved them back to the gambling site. Sorry for your loss.
CryptoSalad

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:05:42 AM

These coins will be gone by now no doubt and no way to recover them.  Not much can do in this kind of situation other than taking legal action and going from their if you have any grounds to stand on if their is a legal firm willing to take your case on otherwise their gone.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:06:56 AM

FUD ...   Link to http://imgur.com/ screenshots  Created 2 months ago
As he said in the OP, this whole thing occurred over the course of several months and began several months prior. The screenshots were probably created for some other attempt at getting help somewhere else (e.g. police, FBI, etc.) before he came here to attempt to get help.

mhm, you can possibly threaten them with legal action, what country are they hosted in?
No one knows where BTC-e is based out of (probably Russia though). He has attempted to contact the police though.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:13:34 AM

Like others have stated, there is nothing you can do man.  Undecided  Next time be wiser and don't allow them to have all your BTC at one time.  Lock the majority of your capital in cold storage.  Just take this as a very, very expensive lesson and NEVER make this mistake again.  I guess it could have always been worse.

Best of luck mate.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:15:46 AM

My speculation is that BTC-e selectively steals from people whose coins are associated with non-legal activities.

Coins from gambling sites are stolen because BTC-e think you can't tell the police.

I really doubt that they are selectively scamming users, unless they actually do receive word about stolen shit. Otherwise, they make more in day in just trading fees than I make in a year, so that makes no sense there... However, BTC-E should always be treated with caution, i mean, nobody still knows who runs this site? Right!?   Huh

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀