Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:02:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best point in time to cash out the Bitcoins?  (Read 3997 times)
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:09:00 PM

....., the price can only go up eventually.

Disclaimer: long term hodler.
That I am not so sure of. It can go down real quick also, I remember gold digger year 2013. We have not seen real stress test of spamming of the Bockchain (which is relatively cheap for around $5000 a day in useless transactions, cheap for a country like Russia, USA or China). Also use as money is still not there, since everybody is hodling hoping to get rich quick like a lottery.

Does 3 years make me long term holder?

Yeah 3 years is a long time in the bitcoin world but I was thinking more along the lines of 5 to 10 years. It's still in its infancy and there's still lots of work to be done with infrastructure including making it easier to (securely) use for the average guy on the street.

There are a lot of hoarders admittedly but I still try to spend bitcoin when I can (not too much though Wink)

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:12:37 PM

the time to cash out your bitcoins is way past. if you really wanted to cash out of bitcoin you had to do this when the price was on the roof around $1000.
now that you have waited this long, you have to keep waiting. because many people believe that this is the low price for bitcoin and things will start to get better and price will rise again,

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:17:07 PM

The best point in time to cash out your Bitcoins would be November 29, 2013.

extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:45:49 PM

If you're not sure just hold your bitcoins.  You can't lose any that way.
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:49:35 PM

Hello,
I am hodling Bitcoins since 2012, expecting them to go up in value.

What do you think is the best time to cash out? Is it now or will Bitcoin rise again to make more money??

Best wishes
Colonel Afurah,
Nigeria Army

I can send you a cashiers check with a little extra for handling charges if you send me your bitcoin.
KingAfurah (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:21:49 PM

Yeah 3 years is a long time in the bitcoin world but I was thinking more along the lines of 5 to 10 years. It's still in its infancy and there's still lots of work to be done with infrastructure including making it easier to (securely) use for the average guy on the street.

There are a lot of hoarders admittedly but I still try to spend bitcoin when I can (not too much though Wink)

I don't think it is in it's infancy anymore. It is already 6 years old, in digital age, that is adult.
I am getting the impression that it will remain somewhat fringe to the general public and be used for buying drugs / black market stuff and hodling hoping to win the lottery, which will do nothing to drive up the price.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:16:24 PM

the time to cash out your bitcoins is way past. if you really wanted to cash out of bitcoin you had to do this when the price was on the roof around $1000.
now that you have waited this long, you have to keep waiting. because many people believe that this is the low price for bitcoin and things will start to get better and price will rise again,

i agree. best thing is to wait. but for a lot people waiting/holding isn't easy. especially if they missed a great cashout opportunity.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:37:31 PM

If you were going to sell, a while ago when they were up to around the 1k mark would have been the ideal time, seeing as you have held on for this long it would be a shame to sell now and regret it.  It is still early days regarding mass awareness of bitcoin, it will at some point reach more people and the effect this will have on price is purely speculation, buying bitcoin in the first place was a risk so why not hold tight and see what it brings.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:46:09 AM

I don't think it is in it's infancy anymore. It is already 6 years old, in digital age, that is adult.
I am getting the impression that it will remain somewhat fringe to the general public and be used for buying drugs / black market stuff and hodling hoping to win the lottery, which will do nothing to drive up the price.

I doubt you are sincere, but If that is what you think than you should immediately sell all your bitcoins.... more for us and others who understand its potential.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:47:50 AM

i agree. best thing is to wait. but for a lot people waiting/holding isn't easy. especially if they missed a great cashout opportunity.
that is why you have to make up your mind and do your researches and thinkings before investing your money in anything.
this means that you have to decide whether you want to invest long term or short term and do trading for profit. and specially decide when to buy and when to sell. and not just wait for miracles.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:58:28 AM

Haha.  As of this time I guess that is true.  We can only hope of the moon and beyond at this point.  To sort of answer the OP's question I would totally hold on to all bitcoin assists for the long run at this point.

BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:35:18 AM

It's better to sell your bitcoin now if you don't believe bitcoin price will rise again or don't want take the risk.
If i were you, i would hold my bitcoin until bitcoin price rise again
Yes, it is simple. Why do we sell it when it is cheap?
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:31:36 AM

Hello,

What do you think is the best time to cash out? Is it now or will Bitcoin rise again to make more money??

Best wishes
Colonel Afurah,
Nigeria Army

I can send you a cashiers check with a little extra for handling charges if you send me your bitcoin.

ahh yes.. i was waiting for someone to finally answer properly.  i am sure the colonel will decide to sell very many, quite soon, at deep deep discount, for western union transfers.  people are catching on.  and cashing in.
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:42:40 AM

Wow You have already held for three years!You should sell them when the price was risen in 2013.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:37:01 AM

and why you're still holding then? if this is really what you think you should dump now without any esitation, but apparently you're still honding, so you actually believe in the possibility of the price increase again

It's better to sell your bitcoin now if you don't believe bitcoin price will rise again or don't want take the risk.
If i were you, i would hold my bitcoin until bitcoin price rise again
Yes, it is simple. Why do we sell it when it is cheap?

because of fud, and general panic, we think that it will decrease even further

but a good traders, sell only when the others buy, and buy when the others sell
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:41:16 AM

I agree with you best high rate and im don't sure Bitcoin will be up again, the last pump is 300$ (after down under 200$) and down again to 200-220 (now)

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:10:22 AM

Eh, you bought at $10.

I wouldn't worry too much, as you stand your ROI is high,very. You've been holding for about 3 years, hold for another few. About 4 or 5. You're making a pretty decent profit either way.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:26:13 AM

You will sell at 50$ like most here....
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:36:38 PM

Hello,

Best wishes
Colonel Afurah,
Nigeria Army

hemmm sorry if it's a privacy, how much you buy Bitcoin in 2012 ? can u use SGP ?I'm just curious and  want to know it  Smiley

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:03:26 PM

Answer to OP now is the best time to sell for you. Seems to me every response you have given so far indicates you don't believe in your investment so why hold any longer?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: