Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People taking too many loans?  (Read 5233 times)
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:16:45 PM

i give loans to ppl because it get me some small interest. to be honest: i dont care what they need the money for as long as they pay back. i also dont care if they request like 10 loans in a row.

from my point of view: i know exactly how it feels when its the 24th of the month, you need something but you dont have any money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hasmukhrawal

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:42:35 PM

If there is no risk in taking loans then i may also go for loan.
Because if they take loan they can get interest on it.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:41:30 PM

The main problem is if bitcoin price goes up suddenly alot, then how are they going to pay it? They will default.

Now they are not necessarly scammers, but they just cant pay it at higher prices, so its not necessarly a good idea to take a bitcoin loan.

Yes that is a big problem, but if people need for trading so they can increase their amount of btc then it should not be a problem to pay back in this case.
Sugarape

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:41:43 PM

If there is no risk in taking loans then i may also go for loan.
Because if they take loan they can get interest on it.

There is always risk unless you're  covered with collateral, but the most risk is on the lender especially when they put faith and trust in the borrower and that's when scams happen but lending money when you already have it is silly in my opinion.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:09:58 AM

The main problem is if bitcoin price goes up suddenly alot, then how are they going to pay it? They will default.

Now they are not necessarly scammers, but they just cant pay it at higher prices, so its not necessarly a good idea to take a bitcoin loan.

Yes that is a big problem, but if people need for trading so they can increase their amount of btc then it should not be a problem to pay back in this case.

That depends because that adds extra risk to the loan.

If i were to give out loans I would first ask them what they need it for, and then adjust the interest rate based on that (of course they could lie so i would need proof beyond their words).

For trading loans IDK 10-15% interest.

For medical loans , personal spending, or education loans 5-10%

And for a solid business plan 1-5%, depending on what business they will do.

That is just my opinion, other guys would do it differently, and the numbers are not exact, but just to illustrate the difference between loan risks.

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:09:48 AM

The problem with people asking so many loans is there, but now there are people who blindly give out coins to them, encouraging more to ask mfor loan.

yo
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:33:44 PM

It is unfortunate people game and abuse the system on this forum. Far too often I see the most ridiculous loan requests posted here. There are many ways people come up with excuses to not repay the loan. I probably won't bother in the future with getting a loan from a stranger in the future.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:58:20 PM

How many traders are actually successful? Very, very few I'd say. It often takes years of losses before you start to become consistent and train your emotions properly. You'd be massively stupid to trade with loaned BTC.

It would be interesting to check the loan forum in late 2013 to see what happened there. I assume quite a few hearts were broken.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:07:26 PM

It is unfortunate people game and abuse the system on this forum. Far too often I see the most ridiculous loan requests posted here. There are many ways people come up with excuses to not repay the loan. I probably won't bother in the future with getting a loan from a stranger in the future.

That's the reason we shouldn't provide any one loan without proper collateral. Collateral should be easily liquidated later to recover our money. People come up with so many new ideas of reasons for asking loan without any collateral  but do not fall on those traps. Just follow no collateral means no loan then you will be safe in this business otherwise you may end up loosing some money because of scam.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3168

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 12:38:04 AM

which is the longest period for loan?
long period is very risky for both side, especially for big loans.
I would not dare to take loan, with my luck price will be jumped double on a payday

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tommorisonwebdesign

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:50:10 AM

That's the reason we shouldn't provide any one loan without proper collateral. Collateral should be easily liquidated later to recover our money. People come up with so many new ideas of reasons for asking loan without any collateral  but do not fall on those traps. Just follow no collateral means no loan then you will be safe in this business otherwise you may end up loosing some money because of scam.
That's the best thing to do. I will never give out a loan without any collateral in my hands. I'm all for this P2P lending idea but at the moment we have a broken system. I may actually might want to look at building a website, get it tested by a professional hacker and launch a secure P2P Bitcoin lending platform. BTCJam is the shits with scammers as well. My site would hold collateral.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

You can't really be sure what these guys are using the loans for. It could possibly be for paying daily bills, or even for supporting a gambling addiction. Other times it's just to build trust to value an account higher. If an account has a good trust rating and high forum tenure, I see no problem giving a loan out ot them. Especially if the have a good history of paying back the lender without defaulting.
GannickusX (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:04:45 PM

How many traders are actually successful? Very, very few I'd say. It often takes years of losses before you start to become consistent and train your emotions properly. You'd be massively stupid to trade with loaned BTC.

It would be interesting to check the loan forum in late 2013 to see what happened there. I assume quite a few hearts were broken.

And people often just ask for really low amounts like 0.1 which id garbage for trading unless you are a fucking god and can predict everything you wont be able to make profit with such low amounts or you will make really low profit that wont even cover the interest rate of the loan
tommorisonwebdesign

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:29:08 PM

You can't really be sure what these guys are using the loans for. It could possibly be for paying daily bills, or even for supporting a gambling addiction. Other times it's just to build trust to value an account higher. If an account has a good trust rating and high forum tenure, I see no problem giving a loan out ot them. Especially if the have a good history of paying back the lender without defaulting.
True. Often when lending to strangers, you will more often then not find yourself financing gambling and drug addicts. That is why I would suspect that most borrowers here offering their account as collateral is fund some kind of addiction one way or the other

steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:07:10 AM

I see some users with positive trust or with a lot of good ratings even if they are on the untrusted feedback becayse they take loans. What are these guys using the loans for? Im not going to name anyone but i have seen someone taking around 10 loans in the last 2-3 months. Normally when you take a loan is because you really need that money to either buy something or invest in somethinf, taking loans every 2 weeks not worth more than 30-50$ its weird isnt it? It just makes me believe that they are doing it to get trust or to gamble, i dont see any other reason. Any opinions? I dont know if this is the right section

Its weird trust me people shouldn't take out loans to gamble its very bad.......

Dont ever take or give a loan. Its fucking black and white :O

unless you a boss *insert middle finger emoji*
GannickusX (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:03:53 AM

I see some users with positive trust or with a lot of good ratings even if they are on the untrusted feedback becayse they take loans. What are these guys using the loans for? Im not going to name anyone but i have seen someone taking around 10 loans in the last 2-3 months. Normally when you take a loan is because you really need that money to either buy something or invest in somethinf, taking loans every 2 weeks not worth more than 30-50$ its weird isnt it? It just makes me believe that they are doing it to get trust or to gamble, i dont see any other reason. Any opinions? I dont know if this is the right section

Its weird trust me people shouldn't take out loans to gamble its very bad.......

Dont ever take or give a loan. Its fucking black and white :O

unless you a boss *insert middle finger emoji*

I would only give loans with collateral only but even so it's painful when they dont pay back and you have to sell the collateral which might be hard sometimes and tedious and all that just to get your money back
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:02:36 AM

The problem with people asking so many loans is there, but now there are people who blindly give out coins to them, encouraging more to ask mfor loan.

Yes your correct. Some people seen giving away loans without any collateral for member accounts just because of some profits. If they pay back ok otherwise it be a big loss. Now a days lending section is full of new members (scammers) asking for loan.
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:10:50 AM

Nowadays you can tell if they are asking for a loan with their account as collateral or they are selling their account
The requested loan amount is almost same as the selling price of the collateral.
There's a hidden agenda
So they are not taking loans, they are selling accounts!

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:05:17 AM

Nowadays you can tell if they are asking for a loan with their account as collateral or they are selling their account
The requested loan amount is almost same as the selling price of the collateral.
There's a hidden agenda

So just refuse to give so much loan. One should give loan amount less then the account value otherwise surely every one try to exploit this option.
GannickusX (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:02:04 AM

There's a hidden agenda

That wouldn't  be a really big problem if everyone asks for collateral worth more than the amount of btc that is being borrowed and even so at least it's a soft scam, the loaner doesn't really lose money only time
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: