Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Saying hello, and have a few questions  (Read 45078 times)
BeatriceARamos

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:17:00 AM

I ended up getting 2 AMD Radeon 5970s with the bitcoins I was exploiting, but at the time, the OpenCL libraries from AMD and nvidia were all really buggy and I could never work properly with Many GPUs. I also did work at the time and so I never finished it. I ended up leaving only a bitcoin on the record drive for a few years, then it exploded and people started asking me about the merchandise trades. I am a Bitcoin millionaire, I can tell everyone the same thing, to make myself a little interesting hacking target
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hasniali

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:13:46 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 07:10:25 AM by hasniali

Wealth is not everything at the end of the day. Becoming Muslim is the best thing which can happen to a person.
I wish you happiness and contentment in life.
---> Wishes of a king never come true however the basic needs of a common person can be fulfilled easily.
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

Yes, I think that Laszlo will receive donations on that wallet for the rest of the life of Bitcoin, just like people do donations in the memory of the saints. Don't get me wrong: Laszlo has absolutely no merits. Nor guilt for having spent all his Bitcoins when they had no value. Merit and guilt are all just in our imagination. But Laszlo happened to be the focus of one of the first narratives in Bitcoin's history, and this made him an archetype, a mythological character everybody in the community will keep talking about generation after generation.
Not too bad anyway - huh?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:40:07 PM

Do not forget that he contributed to the project in other tangible ways.

The guy did write the first ever GPU miner ffs.

If it were not for the pizzas, the faucets, and all the alpaca socks there is no way in hell we would be where we are today.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:45:30 AM

1 BTC sent your way you Bitcoin legend  Grin

Wow thanks, I do still have access to it.  You should never delete a wallet, even if you've spent what was 'in' it.
I appreciate the donations, but nobody owes me anything.. I generated my share and I spent it, it was just at a time when the value was lower, but so was the generation difficulty, and the block reward was 50.

Laszlo

If only more people here from your time were as humble with their opinion as you are lol About that pizza thing.. have you still got the number of the guy you paid those 10k coins to?? lol

Do not forget that he contributed to the project in other tangible ways.

The guy did write the first ever GPU miner ffs.

If it were not for the pizzas, the faucets, and all the alpaca socks there is no way in hell we would be where we are today.

We would be. perhaps a bit more late and maybe would have thanked another Laszlo.

....a mythological character everybody in the community will keep talking about generation after generation.

Bruh! that's deep, are you from Tibet or something?

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Tanu10

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

I am a new bitcoin user and I am starting to generate some of my own coins. And I mean people can say I am stupid, but it was great deal at the time.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:58:34 PM

Laszlo, you're a legend in the Coinosphere and today just confirmed it Wink

Under construction.
Aaarono

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:57:28 PM

I spent it all on pizza long ago:  https://blockchain.info/address/1XPTgDRhN8RFnzniWCddobD9iKZatrvH4

3-4 years ago there were less than 100 people frequenting this forum, and I was pretty happy to trade 10,000 coins for pizza.  I mean people can say I'm stupid, but it was a great deal at the time.  I don't think anyone could have known it would take off like this. Smiley

Laszlo

So you are the crazy guy. By the way, are you having some change in your pockets? Meaning, a few millions? If you heard of Bitcoin of that long, you should still be doing great with money now. Tongue
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

actually, he is at it again...on lightning network this time

this guy sure likes his expensive pizzas  Grin

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2018-February/001044.html

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
DenisenkoMaria3571

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:10:28 PM

As soon as Bitcoin appeared, very many were able to earn on time to buy it for a smaller amount.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:06:04 PM

Wow Man, Reading through the posts by Laszlo and seeing him tackle all this attention so humbly is such a great experience. What a legend..!!

Lots of Respect and good wishes to you and your family..

May you stay forever young..
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

Hi all, I'm a new Bitcoin user and I'm starting to generate some of my own coins.  I have a few friends who are also using it now.

I am a programmer by trade and have a fair amount of experience with different platforms like linux, Mac OS, iPhone, etc.

I am interested in running Bitcoin on other platforms like iPhone and I'm wondering if there is any interest in this or if anyone has a problem with this.  I'm also wondering if someone has already done this so I don't waste my time.  Thanks!

My Bitcoin address is 1XPTgDRhN8RFnzniWCddobD9iKZatrvH4

-Laszlo

Are you still alive, Sir? I want to meet you and shake hand with you. I guess what are you feeling now after knew about bitcoin price. Do you still have a little bit of bitcoin? Maybe you forget you still have some in your other wallet?
When you make this post I knew nothing about bitcoin. But if I were you, I will save some bitcoin in another wallet like if I have money I will save some in my slight wallet  Grin
Geor

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:17:27 PM

Hi all, I'm a new Bitcoin user and I'm starting to generate some of my own coins.  I have a few friends who are also using it now.

I am a programmer by trade and have a fair amount of experience with different platforms like linux, Mac OS, iPhone, etc.

I am interested in running Bitcoin on other platforms like iPhone and I'm wondering if there is any interest in this or if anyone has a problem with this.  I'm also wondering if someone has already done this so I don't waste my time.  Thanks!

-Laszlo

I really think you should do the AMA on reddit, laszlo. Not to earn money (although that would happen) - I think there are more people who would like to interview you.
jenyAE88

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:20:01 AM

I was learning OpenCL programming and mining bitcoins with a video card so the pizza was a good deal for me.  I couldn't have known that my pizza trade would end up being such a big deal, or that so many others would become interested in bitcoin and thus drive the value up
masudginanjar

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:26:15 PM

great concept and can produce Bitcoin coffers with the platform you create.

if you are consistent with your statement like that, then I am sure you will be a competitor of bounty.portals.com, bountyhive and also bountyplatform. these three flatporms are very popular in this forum.
magnifirific

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:20:48 AM

That was indeed something. This is a very interesting story for me. Going back, reading this legendary threads just fills my imagination. What if I was jercos. Who is jercos? What would I do for that kind of money, etc. this is indeed a legendary milestone in the history of bitcoin.

Btw, this is not the very first transaction using btc. this is the publicly known transaction but not the very first. the very first happened in the dark web.
bigjake89

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:44:51 AM

A few people were trading them for less than a cent each, but nothing serious.  You can probably find all the old posts on this forum still.  I was learning OpenCL programming and mining bitcoins with a video card so the pizza was a good deal for me.  I couldn't have known that my pizza trade would end up being such a big deal, or that so many others would become interested in bitcoin and thus drive the value up.
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:04:47 AM

-Laszlo

Wow, i just knew your story just today buddy. I am glad to hear the story about you and that pizza thing. You are one of the many reasons why bitcoin is so popular today. Salute to you legend.
Heidim

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:28:29 PM

It's awesome to see all these legendary posts from way back when. I've seen many of them satoshi, vitalik, charles, and so on.
ay0d1

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:05:27 PM

-Laszlo

Guess you might have gotten enough Bitcoin now, I'll send you my bitcoin address for some. lolz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: