Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:12:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nearly 70% of Bitcoin users earn less than $100,000 annually - Coindesk  (Read 2645 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:14:18 PM

The title should be reversed. The real big news, if this is true, should be that 30% of BTC users are making more than $100K a year. I would never have guessed that. There are some wealthy folks among us.
Now, all this comes from a survey. Accuracy may not be great...

actually you can't get that from the title, because it's clear that there are also those that are making 100k and those that prefer to say nothing about it

you haven't followed the article i guess, because in the image, you can clearly see that only 22% are making more than 100k, the other 11% said nothing, so it can be that they belong to the first category of the poor people...
bitkoof

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

CoinDesker

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 01:41:07 PM

Seems like a pretty dumb & pointless stat/article - 70% of bitcoin users earn less than 100k USD a year.
I'm pretty sure if you walk into a normal bar & take a survey - 70% of people earn less than 100k USD a year.
Just seems like people who earn 100k USD a year are sort of in the minority any way if you took a national average.

Struggling to see why they've bothered running that story, most of the world is on less than 100k USD a year, that's a pretty decent salary  Grin
Coindesk - You are running a shit article here **leaves**

That was not the title of the article, but this forum thread.....
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:12:10 PM

100000$ is a very huge amount for a lot of people, especially for people from third world countries. Even people from India who are doing really well are unable to score such a salary, maybe really rich industrialists and actors and others are able to manage that salary, like big doctors... Its no big deal as the community is full of young bloods.
ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:06:15 PM

And I've to add that $100,000 per year is huge salary outside the US
According to the reports, In the US anyone who earns $50,000 without a university degree is indeed a decent salary, and Freshers who are holding Engineering degree certificate are earning $55,000 to $60,000 as their starting salary, having said that even in the United States of America $100,000 per year considered as a pretty good income.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:11:20 PM

well were not all rich..

If you make 100k a year that means youre hold a position that most people wont have, and youre there based on your skills.

The comment above about someone walking away with 12 mill seems very possible, but what about taxes? lol.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:44:34 AM

well were not all rich..

If you make 100k a year that means youre hold a position that most people wont have, and youre there based on your skills.

The comment above about someone walking away with 12 mill seems very possible, but what about taxes? lol.

one with a salary like that don't care too much about taxes, his money can cover anything and be healthy for decades

all those rich money don't even care about bitcoin i presume, they have already what they need, unless they are playing the game "i want to be the richer of the world" then it should be pointless for them to earn more money
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:49:40 AM

In the US at least, according to the Census Bureau less than 10% of US individuals make 100K USD per year or more. 

So I think the article's main point is that compared to most, bitcoin users are relatively well off financially.  I imagine this would be true in other countries as well, even though the absolute amount of income would not be the same.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:48:39 PM

100,000$ is a substantially huge amount for a lot of people. Earning it per year could mean a fortune for people in third world countries, even a lot of people in U.S cannot afford that kind of money every year. Most of the people who use bitcoin are young people or people really sharp with tech skills. Not everybody is a well settled man earning well. Some people are just young, unemployed and still, future millionaires.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:03:20 PM

100,000$ is a substantially huge amount for a lot of people. Earning it per year could mean a fortune for people in third world countries, even a lot of people in U.S cannot afford that kind of money every year. Most of the people who use bitcoin are young people or people really sharp with tech skills. Not everybody is a well settled man earning well. Some people are just young, unemployed and still, future millionaires.

Yes, it indeed is a huge amount in the U.S too. Making money isn't so easy and having a source which gives you 100k$ a year is HUGE. Most of the bitcoin users are young and also, are monetarily decent earners. I would agree that not everybody here is rich but not everybody here is poor either. There are a lot og geniuses in this community and potential millionaires too.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:47:27 PM

It is certainly a huge amount to earn annually, but all of this information is somehow irrelevant to me. Why does it matter how much a particular person earns right now? Most of the young bloods are dealing with bitcoin and expecting them to be such financially well off is funny. I don't think half of U.S citizens earn over 100k$ either.
greBit

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:47:42 PM

Yes, it indeed is a huge amount in the U.S too. Making money isn't so easy and having a source which gives you 100k$ a year is HUGE. Most of the bitcoin users are young and also, are monetarily decent earners. I would agree that not everybody here is rich but not everybody here is poor either. There are a lot og geniuses in this community and potential millionaires too.

Well, I don't know about the potential millionaire part. Some people think it is just as easy as to buy shit load of btc and wait for years and years and boom you are a millionaire. No, those days are long gone my friend. That shit used to happen in 2009 when bitcoins were alien to people, now its much  more than an investment which makes a person a millionaire. it takes skills, knowledge and LUCK.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:20:46 PM

100000$ is a very huge amount for a lot of people, especially for people from third world countries.

100k USD annually is 8.3k USD per month. you are mentioning third world countries here, but 100k USD per month is not even average in any country in the world.

just check: http://stats.oecd.org//Index.aspx?QueryId=64115

I dunno what coindesk want to say by tittle..maybe that bitcoin users are quite rich.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:09:01 PM

Not surprised about the white male stereotype along with the long incomes. There are tons of frustrated guys out there with their shitty wages knowing they are facing a dead end. They are probably trying to amass a decent amount of Bitcoin now that's still possible and hope for the best ideally retiring in the next decade or so. Sounds like a better plan than working endlessly for hyperinflating fiat money.
needFREElunch

Activity: 196

Hi

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:24:41 PM

$100,000 annually is a lot of income! BitCoin is relatively new and most of it's users are young people who're just trying to learn more about it. They are more curious to know about the BitCoin than to use it as a source of income at the moment.

innerchaos

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:33:11 PM

87% of the population earn less than 100,000 annually

so wouldn't that 70% number tell us that more weathier people are utilizing bitcoin
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:40:44 PM

so wouldn't that 70% number tell us that more weathier people are utilizing bitcoin

for sure, just because bitcoin is these days used as an investment (or technological experiment) and only somebody with enough spare money can seriously invest to something so risky and unstable like bitcoin and feel somehow comfortable..
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:50:53 PM

Not surprised about the white male stereotype along with the long incomes. There are tons of frustrated guys out there with their shitty wages knowing they are facing a dead end. They are probably trying to amass a decent amount of Bitcoin now that's still possible and hope for the best ideally retiring in the next decade or so. Sounds like a better plan than working endlessly for hyperinflating fiat money.
To be able to do that right now when bitcoin price is over $200 someone need to spend quite a sum to obtain significant number of bitcoins for his retirement fund.
Volatile nature of bitcoin is not helping either. We can't be sure if in the future bitcoin won't be 'regulated to death'. And all bitcoin investments and retirement plans could go horribly wrong.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:43:13 PM

it tell us also why bitcoin adoption isn't so vastly widespread, because only rich individuals are investing/buying it, common people are not interested in losing their few pennies if all this thing go wrong, the latter are awaiting for the second chance of low price, but their hopes are too far-fetched
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:11:00 PM

it tell us also why bitcoin adoption isn't so vastly widespread, because only rich individuals are investing/buying it, common people are not interested in losing their few pennies if all this thing go wrong, the latter are awaiting for the second chance of low price, but their hopes are too far-fetched

No, I think very few less people have their money invested in bitcoin. Yes, there are plenty rich people in the bitcoin community but much more are people from middle class families who are either tech friendly people who know their way around the web.. the others are a couple investors and others are just bitcoin enthusiasts. The happiest individuals.
greBit

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:52:28 PM

No, I think very few less people have their money invested in bitcoin. Yes, there are plenty rich people in the bitcoin community but much more are people from middle class families who are either tech friendly people who know their way around the web.. the others are a couple investors and others are just bitcoin enthusiasts. The happiest individuals.

yeah man I found out about bitcoin to all those people who beloned to really financially moderate family and they were neither too rich or too poor. They struggled with their lives but made smart decisions in life. Bitcoin has played a huge part in their life and now they are doing really well, ensuring me a completely strong belief in bitcoin and how it can change lives Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: