Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox to Bitcoin Wallt  (Read 1333 times)
Shireton (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:49:22 PM

This is my first and I'm very new to Bitcoins. So, I need help. I tried to put 8 bitcoins into my wallet via MtGox and on MtGox it says the withdrawal was successful, yet it has been almost two hours since the transaction and there is still no sign of the bitcoins in my wallet. Is this normal?

Side Note: My Bitcoin wallet is still "synchronizing with the network" and has 9,293 blocks remaining. I'm not sure if that has any relevance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jermainé

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:54:02 PM

This is my first and I'm very new to Bitcoins. So, I need help. I tried to put 8 bitcoins into my wallet via MtGox and on MtGox it says the withdrawal was successful, yet it has been almost two hours since the transaction and there is still no sign of the bitcoins in my wallet. Is this normal?

Side Note: My Bitcoin wallet is still "synchronizing with the network" and has 9,293 blocks remaining. I'm not sure if that has any relevance.

Doesn't get anymore relevant than that.. Wait for it to sync up then you'll get your coins
Shireton (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:57:07 PM

Sweet! Thank you. Bitcoins and their operations are pretty complex for a newbie like me.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:11:25 PM

Sweet! Thank you. Bitcoins and their operations are pretty complex for a newbie like me.
It is complex, but a guy like you who is not afraid to ask questions will get the hang of it quickly. Cheesy
You can also see any transactions in the block chain here: http://blockchain.info/
Just paste your bitcoin address into the search field at the top and a record will be displayed, even if you have not synchronized yet.

Cheers, and welcome new peer.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BlueCombWindow

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:21:42 PM

Yeah nothing can happen until it catches up to the network. Redownloaded the blockchain yesterday because I thought it might help with my wallet being slow to respond. Took FOREEEEVER to redownload. Hated waiting that long to play with my coins. Probably saved me from going broke, though.
Shireton (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:26:05 PM

Yeah nothing can happen until it catches up to the network. Redownloaded the blockchain yesterday because I thought it might help with my wallet being slow to respond. Took FOREEEEVER to redownload. Hated waiting that long to play with my coins. Probably saved me from going broke, though.

Yeah, I started the download last night and I'm at 95%. It's very long.
Shireton (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:26:32 PM

It is complex, but a guy like you who is not afraid to ask questions will get the hang of it quickly. Cheesy
You can also see any transactions in the block chain here: http://blockchain.info/
Just paste your bitcoin address into the search field at the top and a record will be displayed, even if you have not synchronized yet.

Cheers, and welcome new peer.

Thank you!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:36:04 PM

Bitcoins and their operations are pretty complex for a newbie like me.

The FAQ is a pretty good resource to help bring you up to speed.  Specifically:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ#I_was_sent_some_bitcoins_and_they_haven.27t_arrived_yet.21_Where_are_they.3F

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █