Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin classified as a currency. No VAT for BTC also in Switzerland.  (Read 3464 times)
jurij.timofejev (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

''The United Kingdom, Germany, France, Belgium, Finland, and most recently, Spain have all classified digital currency transactions as exempt from VAT.''

“Treating Bitcoin payments just like any other payment option is a huge milestone for the Swiss Bitcoin economy, and enriches the global digital money ecosystem.”

Read more: http://bravenewcoin.com/news/switzerland-reportedly-eliminates-vat-for-bitcoin-transactions/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:07:31 AM

I think bitcoin means to be currency! There is no points to be charged VAT from each transactions. As bitcoin adoption rate increases, govs, merchants and individual bitcoiners realize the facts.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:49:09 AM

no vat makes it even more interesting than it already was. i think even more countries will follow this line. but as always, there will be countries attacking bitcoin by not allowing it.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:14:06 AM

There will be countries attacking bitcoin by not allowing it.

It doesn't matter. We need just one country, which allows Bitcoin. And Switzerland, as of now, seems to be the best candidate among the UN member nations. And remember that Bitcoin is a currency, which can't be banned by the governments. If the government wants to ban bitcoin, it has to ban the internet also. Is this possible?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:47:27 AM

it's good that we have not a single government controlling the entire world, or otherwise bitcoin would be doomed, the fact that there is not a single entity that control everything, make the future of bitcoin sustainable, at least from some of them

i'm sure that who will not adapt will remain behind, switzerland knows it, someone would start to think about going in the best place where bitcoin is treated in the best possible way and with no stupid restrictions or no-sense taxes, like vat
Anony

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:51:36 AM

''The United Kingdom, Germany, France, Belgium, Finland, and most recently, Spain have all classified digital currency transactions as exempt from VAT.''

“Treating Bitcoin payments just like any other payment option is a huge milestone for the Swiss Bitcoin economy, and enriches the global digital money ecosystem.”

Read more: http://bravenewcoin.com/news/switzerland-reportedly-eliminates-vat-for-bitcoin-transactions/

No wonder most of the mining rigs are being moved to Switzerland. This has to come now or later. Good that it happened earlier. Hope US would also start doing the same. Then that would be a real boost for the bitcoins.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:28:05 AM

Now that's great news, acceptance as currency without added taxes is exactly the kind of thing needed to boost this crypto currency. I'm really interested to see how it pans out, and if US were to recognize it as a currency, then that would be a game changer ( assuming it's recognized without addition of some taxes)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:40:03 AM

Finally we're seeing some good news. I've always thought that Switzerland was one of the countries that is great, especially since discovering Protonmail.
We should be posting this news everywhere to make up for the media abusing negative news.

No wonder most of the mining rigs are being moved to Switzerland. This has to come now or later. Good that it happened earlier. Hope US would also start doing the same. Then that would be a real boost for the bitcoins.
Hashrate is being moved to Switzerland? Source?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:50:57 AM

I'm interested in this information too. I think the living standard in Switzerland is quite high, thus quite expensive, and I'm afraid this also works out on electricity costs (as it already does on the rent to be paid etcetera). Which means that when you're not from Switzerland (and doesn't have an income / salary in that country), it's quite expensive to host your miners over there.

Although I'm not sure whether specific regulation apply for for example Industrial zones in Switzerland.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 07:15:02 PM

I'm interested in this information too. I think the living standard in Switzerland is quite high, thus quite expensive, and I'm afraid this also works out on electricity costs (as it already does on the rent to be paid etcetera). Which means that when you're not from Switzerland (and doesn't have an income / salary in that country), it's quite expensive to host your miners over there.

Although I'm not sure whether specific regulation apply for for example Industrial zones in Switzerland.
I was just doing some research and I don't believe this to be true. According to the information that I've found:
For 2015 it can be assumed that the average price for private consumers will be around 21 cents/kWh
Source

I've also found this showing us that a lot of other countries have much cheaper electricity. Even though Switzerland is good for privacy, it definitely isn't for mining efficiency.  I don't think that we are going to see even part of the hashrate get moved there.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:33:42 PM

Finally we're seeing some good news. I've always thought that Switzerland was one of the countries that is great, especially since discovering Protonmail.
We should be posting this news everywhere to make up for the media abusing negative news.

I have read in a article that the resources are pretty cheap in Switzerland for mining purpose. It was written that few companies have already started installation there. I assume many will follow.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 12:48:08 PM

I have read in a article that the resources are pretty cheap in Switzerland for mining purpose. It was written that few companies have already started installation there. I assume many will follow.
How about you post a source. I'm not the only one who is interested, but without an actual source your words don't mean much in this case.
The electricity is quite expensive there; what resources are you talking about?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:51:26 PM

It doesn't matter. We need just one country, which allows Bitcoin. And Switzerland, as of now, seems to be the best candidate among the UN member nations. And remember that Bitcoin is a currency, which can't be banned by the governments. If the government wants to ban bitcoin, it has to ban the internet also. Is this possible?

"In a recent milestone the a financial marketplace for  digital currencies, Ecurex, came out of stealth mode and announced it has the first Swiss digital finance marketplace to be fully compliant with country’s anti-money laundering legislation"

This is definitely the future of bitcoin trading, fully within all laws of the country it operates within, and not some btc-e or such, where you don't even know who the owner is or where the company is located.
Bitcoin can not be banned, even if providers are to block common bitcoin ports, anyone could just use VPN to bypass it. What they can do is to ban trading within their country, but then again, you would just
use other exchanges and trade there. As you can see, fighting bitcoin is futile, and often just ends up giving bitcoin more exposure in the press.

Recently it was mentioned that even Russia is backing off from initial plan to ban bitcoin and instead allow bitcoin transactions (source:http://cointelegraph.com/news/114556/weekend-roundup-venezuelans-turn-to-bitcoin-russia-to-legalize-bitcoin-transactions?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bitcointalk&utm_term=evg)
It seams that they are starting to figure out how fighting bitcoin is futile, and that it's better to profit from it instead.

cheers
hifzi

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:23:13 PM

if internet has to be ban it will make global catasthrope, hahaaa

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:01:40 PM

Any other way and it would be a straight scam. It makes zero sense to pay VAT with BTC. No one ever would get their BTC taxed. Imagine having to pay VAT for every transaction you ever did exchanges. As a daytrader it would be a death sentence.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 04:36:22 PM

I think there are other ways by government to ban bitcoin than ban internet, like closed the shop online that accept bitcoin, state bitcoin is terrorist transaction stuff so the society won't accept bitcoin, and make a law about bitcoin so it can't be used freely. But, for now government don't have any reason to do that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:33:17 AM

I think there are other ways by government to ban bitcoin than ban internet, like closed the shop online that accept bitcoin, state bitcoin is terrorist transaction stuff so the society won't accept bitcoin, and make a law about bitcoin so it can't be used freely. But, for now government don't have any reason to do that.
Even Russion gov banned bitcoin before and they now abolish their none sense policy! As the increasing number of ppl are adopting bitcoin, gov becomes more friendly to it. We know that bitcion industry has much potential and probably bring them many jobs!

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 11:38:48 AM

And that is something considered good news. I don't why or how in any way they could impose vat since you don't register the transaction in the ledger. When you exempt vat, generally you are moving away from the conventional banking system that we are having right now and further distancing bitcoin into having its own payment niche. The plus point here is that it will be regarded as a currency.

jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 11:56:39 AM

Even Russion gov banned bitcoin before and they now abolish their none sense policy! As the increasing number of ppl are adopting bitcoin, gov becomes more friendly to it. We know that bitcion industry has much potential and probably bring them many jobs!

The government won't recognize bitcoin if they can't get profit or something profitable from that even its have potential in futures. The industry just add the payment system with bitcoin, so I'm not sure it can make many new jobs. Otherwise, I think bitcoin can reduce human job because of it's practice and easiness by online system.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:03:39 PM

Frankly, this isn't a surprise. There's no VAT issue with BTC, the real issue is tax on capital, but then it would be tricky to enforce. Unless you're an early miner selling a large quantity of BTC, the average BTC to cash transaction will go unnoticed.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: