Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:07:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] My Address Has Been Compromised  (Read 1354 times)
Vortex20000 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 08:18:36 PM

Okay, okay. I'm not well known or trusted or something, but my main address has been compromised. If someone approaches you claiming to be me offering to sign a message with 1KQwwWfuATJZogLTk9nmPNyY4egS1PUvqY, it's not me. I will post again in this thread when this issue is resolved.

My BTalk account seems fine though.

P.S. No need to reply to this thread; doesn't have to be at the top of the meta. It's not an active issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:28:59 PM

Okay, okay. I'm not well known or trusted or something, but my main address has been compromised. If someone approaches you claiming to be me offering to sign a message with 1KQwwWfuATJZogLTk9nmPNyY4egS1PUvqY, it's not me. I will post again in this thread when this issue is resolved.

P.S. No need to reply to this thread; doesn't have to be at the top of the meta. It's not an active issue.
Are you sure about this? There are still unspent inputs in that address totaling over .005 btc. If someone has access to your private key then I would think they would spend them to an address that only they control.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:33:05 PM

Are you sure about this? There are still unspent inputs in that address totaling over .005 btc. If someone has access to your private key then I would think they would spend them to an address that only they control.
Possibly a bought account.
The account's been talking about prices for accounts lately, and now he might have sold it.
It would be reasonable for a buyer to "exclude" old addresses from restoring the account, just to make sure that the old owner won't claim it back?

Fishy. I'm leaving negative rep as long as I'm not convinced.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:35:04 PM

How did your address become compromised? Are you saying a hacker/thief can sign on that address??

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:35:26 PM

If he is trying to have that address excluded then it would make more sense that the account was hacked and not bought. If it was bought then it shouldn't have been a problem to get a signed message proving the transfer of ownership that he could use to counter any attempt to have the account recovered.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:40:24 PM

If he is trying to have that address excluded then it would make more sense that the account was hacked and not bought. If it was bought then it shouldn't have been a problem to get a signed message proving the transfer of ownership that he could use to counter any attempt to have the account recovered.
Sure, but he would immediately reveal that his account's been bought.
Hacked account is possible as well, sure.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:53:18 PM

There doesn't seem to have been any password change recently, which suggests it wasn't hacked atleast not in the last one month. It could be to avoid account to be restored to the original owner , but this thread would have likely been started about a month back if that was the case.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:57:25 PM

Sure, but he would immediately reveal that his account's been bought.
Hacked account is possible as well, sure.

People tend to not have huge problems with sold accounts anymore so revealing it as a sold account probably wouldn't get him a negative. People have incentives not to scam if they buy an account because they would have waisted money on the account if the scam doesn't end up working. It is also pretty rare that someone will even try to scam with a bought account, although there was one recently, however the scammer was quickly doxxed.

He would have a greater chance of getting a negative if there was a claim the account was hacked.
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:03:02 PM

People have incentives not to scam if they buy an account because they would have waisted money on the account if the scam doesn't end up working. It is also pretty rare that someone will even try to scam with a bought account, although there was one recently, however the scammer was quickly doxxed.

That is not true. One of the bought accounts recently was a Hero Member who scammed a user for 1 BTC. If Person A requests Person B to send money directly to him without an escrow, then A wouldn't get a scam rating for an attempt. But if B does end up sending money first, then A could easily scam and ditch the account after. Scams don't shout Scams in most cases before they happen.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

No one is gonna believe this case OP's personal bitcoin address is compromised! Even he didn't bother to state the details to convince us. No matter this account is bought or hacked, OP is worst scammers! The hacked accounts normally should be liquidated or used to scam others as soon as possible before the true owner discovers this facts! But the weird things is that so far there is no one who come out to claim this account back! Probably OP should give us more details how his address happens to be compromise, and clarify himself through another old address (by sigh an message)! 
Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 07:12:14 AM

Well that escalated quickly. Theymos can check my IP records tomorrow, I'm on holiday through Europe but I return home tomorrow and will be using my account from my normal IP.

Address sent a transaction I didn't directly authorise. I think it may have come from one of my projects connected to my blockchain.info wallet (yes, yes, idiot me for using it).

False alarm.

My account wasn't sold. I actually use the 1KQ address for almost everything in my life, I hate having to use different addresses for every transaction and blockchain makes it easier for me to keep everything in one place because all the change is sent back to my address.

Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 07:17:25 AM

Well that escalated quickly. Theymos can check my IP records tomorrow, I'm on holiday through Europe but I return home tomorrow and will be using my account from my normal IP.

Address sent a transaction I didn't directly authorise. I think it may have come from one of my projects connected to my blockchain.info wallet (yes, yes, idiot me for using it).

False alarm.

My account wasn't sold. I actually use the 1KQ address for almost everything in my life, I hate having to use different addresses for every transaction and blockchain makes it easier for me to keep everything in one place because all the change is sent back to my address.

I believe I made some old posts containing my email addresses. I can verify this account has not been sold by sending or receiving emails from those addresses...?

Also, my password hasn't been changed in a long time. Anyone with access to the full seclog can verify.

Hey,

If we do actually work together, you could just call me Vortex online and Jared offline. Cheesy

I am in the process of writing some sci-fi novels as well as some books based on Minecraft. I've taken professional writing classes, though not at any fancy universities. If you'd like a sample of my writing, please do not hesitate to contact me either via PM or by email to

chicken.jockey@aim.com

Sorry can't find another thread with my addresses... Sad

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:11:11 AM

Okay,

so I confirmed his identity, his address also doesn't seem to be compromised at all.
Deleted my negative trust rating.

Vortex20000 was very cooperative and I now have zero doubt about his story. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: