Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 03:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [WTS] RAVENBIT NODE BRONZE [SOLD OUT]  (Read 9018 times)
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:00:20 PM

Received my 3 coin set from Ravenbit today, I'm very pleased with them. They were delivered quickly, great price, well packaged and nice looking coins Smiley. https://ravenbit.com/product/satoshinode-three-coin-set/

I'm now looking for a limited edition silver and brass to add to my collection.

If anyone has one for sale please get in touch or post on my WTB thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1130133.0

I didn't realize there was a silver with a limited mintage as well, I have a limited edition brass, #23 that I may part ways with in the future.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:07:30 PM

Received my 3 coin set from Ravenbit today, I'm very pleased with them. They were delivered quickly, great price, well packaged and nice looking coins Smiley. https://ravenbit.com/product/satoshinode-three-coin-set/

I'm now looking for a limited edition silver and brass to add to my collection.

If anyone has one for sale please get in touch or post on my WTB thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1130133.0

I didn't realize there was a silver with a limited mintage as well, I have a limited edition brass that I may part ways with in the future.

Yeah there were only 25 silver: https://ravenbit.com/coins/nodeag/

Unfortunately I missed the end of an auction for one recently because it ended 3 hours before I was up for early work start Sad.

I know where I can buy a brass for 0.3 + shipping but was hoping to get one a bit cheaper.
mrbrt (OP)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:28:55 PM

Ravenbit Node Copper 20 coin, 2 day auction with a starting bid of 0.50BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1131006.0

ends Thursday July 23 @ 10pm EDT
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:12:20 AM

On a related note, there are now 2 SATOSHI (1st coin minted) left for sale at full price and 9 SATOSHI test coins for sale at a discounted price - see this thread for more info
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:24:17 PM

Quick update on the 15 (actually 17 since I miscounted, but that is a separate issue), extra coins and what I am doing with them:

1.) 4 gray address coins are being sent to ANACS for grading. Most, if not all of these will be made available for sale when I get them back.

2.) I've been experimenting with artificial toning (most have some rainbow-ish toning) and was able to get some interesting results with 7 gray address coins. I have yet to see any physical bitcoins with artificial toning, so I believe this is a first. I'll be making most, if not all of these for sale in auctions (I'm currently also open to offers). I will note (in a pgp signed message on ravenbit.com), which gray addresses were artificially toned.

3.) I'll be giving 1 of the 7 coins away to a past customer: If you purchased a Node Bronze roll from me you will be eligible to win the toned coin.  Each roll purchased gets you one entry, and I'll be picking the winner out of a hat - just like I did for the roll distribution. (e.g. if you purchased 5 rolls, you get 5 of the 50 entries). I won't be shipping the coin until I've sold all of the toned coins I decide on selling.

It was difficult to get a good picture of the AT coins, but here is one of them for the time being:

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1072

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:53:59 PM

Looks neat and I know I have a couple entries in for the coin.   Grin

What does the hologram side of the coin look like when toned and is it heat or electrical toning?

mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:09:08 PM

What does the hologram side of the coin look like when toned and is it heat or electrical toning?

"Chemical" toning and the holograms were applied after the toning process. On most coins there was no toning on the reverse side of the coin, which was just a side effect of how I toned the coins.
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:16:05 PM

Quick update on the 15 (actually 17 since I miscounted, but that is a separate issue), extra coins and what I am doing with them:

1.) 4 gray address coins are being sent to ANACS for grading. Most, if not all of these will be made available for sale when I get them back.

2.) I've been experimenting with artificial toning (most have some rainbow-ish toning) and was able to get some interesting results with 7 gray address coins. I have yet to see any physical bitcoins with artificial toning, so I believe this is a first. I'll be making most, if not all of these for sale in auctions (I'm currently also open to offers). I will note (in a pgp signed message on ravenbit.com), which gray addresses were artificially toned.

3.) I'll be giving 1 of the 7 coins away to a past customer: If you purchased a Node Bronze roll from me you will be eligible to win the toned coin.  Each roll purchased gets you one entry, and I'll be picking the winner out of a hat - just like I did for the roll distribution. (e.g. if you purchased 5 rolls, you get 5 of the 50 entries). I won't be shipping the coin until I've sold all of the toned coins I decide on selling.

It was difficult to get a good picture of the AT coins, but here is one of them for the time being:

Looks very nice.
I'll take at least 1 of the graded coins and at least 2 of the toned coins. Wink
and I like my odds for giveaway. Cheesy

Yes- I believe you have the best odds for the giveaway.

Before I start accepting offers (I may just auction all of them), I'm going to auction off a couple first so we can get an idea of what these babies are worth. Unless someone really makes an over-the-top offer  Cheesy

Keep in mind that each coin is different, some wildly different.
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:21:59 PM

Unless someone really makes an over-the-top offer  Cheesy

mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:24:32 PM

Unless someone really makes an over-the-top offer  Cheesy

Offer Accepted  Smiley
digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:43:46 PM

"Chemical" toning and the holograms were applied after the toning process. On most coins there was no toning on the reverse side of the coin, which was just a side effect of how I toned the coins.

Thanks for the information, I wasn't thinking chemical as I thought the holograms were still applied but that makes sense.  I have experience with heat toning but it depends on the contact metal and temperature control to get a clean appearance.

mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:55:48 PM

Thanks for the information, I wasn't thinking chemical as I thought the holograms were still applied but that makes sense.  I have experience with heat toning but it depends on the contact metal and temperature control to get a clean appearance.

The coins' composition is copper alloy (85% copper), so it is highly reactive to even the slightest atmospheric changes. There wasn't any direct contact with the chemical (sulfur).
digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:42:25 PM

Very cool, I've heard about the sulfur method but haven't given it a try.  In my last post when I was referencing contact metal in respect to heat toning, the contact metal is the metal that is transferring the heat from the heating device to the item to be toned so no HAZ's appear.

Can't wait to see the rest of them when completed.   Smiley

mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:48:18 PM

Very cool, I've heard about the sulfur method but haven't given it a try.  In my last post when I was referencing contact metal in respect to heat toning, the contact metal is the metal that is transferring the heat from the heating device to the item to be toned so no HAZ's appear.

Can't wait to see the rest of them when completed.   Smiley

Sounds like you no more about this than I do!

They are all completed - I'm just trying to getting pics that do them justice.
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:14:03 AM

5 of the 7 Node Bronze toned coins (bottom right is a regular Node Bronze for comparison). More pics and the first auction coming shortly.

mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:45:50 PM

3.) I'll be giving 1 of the 7 coins away to a past customer: If you purchased a Node Bronze roll from me you will be eligible to win the toned coin.  Each roll purchased gets you one entry, and I'll be picking the winner out of a hat - just like I did for the roll distribution. (e.g. if you purchased 5 rolls, you get 5 of the 50 entries). I won't be shipping the coin until I've sold all of the toned coins I decide on selling.

I've picked the winner of the artificially toned giveaway coin today: minerjones

Congrats!

I haven't decided which coin you'll be receiving, but it will ship after the completion of the last auction.
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:11:15 PM

Auction for "Jupiter" has begun: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151563
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:22:57 AM

Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know that the Node Bronze was in a music video!  Cheesy I had nothing to do with the video nor did I receive any proceeds from the making of the video. Digicoinuser sold the coin to someone on ebay associated with the video a couple of months back. Separately, LiteCoinGuy found the video and made a post in the main section of this forum a couple of weeks ago, and I randomly found that post today. The video has 313k views as of the time of this post. Thanks to both of you for the heads up; kind of a nice surprise.

Here is the video - "Chairlift - Ch-Ching" - (skip to 3:18): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWSFlqBOgl8

Here is a still:

mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

The music is ok, but the video not so much.... need more drugs or something.
A couple of things I noticed:
1:24 Dude smoking a vape box/pen
2:54 Hairy armpit on girl
3:01 Dude tossing coin - can see the hologram & address window Cheesy

3:17 How did that coin taste? Maybe he's lacking trace elements in his diet Tongue

Hah good catch

But Hey - Free promotion is free promotion.

It is more funny than anything else and I don't expect much to come of it.
mrbrt (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:10:15 PM

Oh wow.... someone actually made a comment about the coin:  (guess it worked Cheesy)

Thanks Smiley

How did you manage to get a screenshot of a comment someone posted 1 second ago?  Roll Eyes Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: