Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:11:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.de Someone tries to scam me?  (Read 2375 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 10:41:36 PM

Hello,

i offered some bitcoins at bitcoin.de. Someone bought and claimed that he paid with LR. But there is no money. I already sent 2 messages to the support and one message to the buyer. But the support nor the buyer react.

When this guy wouldnt have claimed that he had paid then this would have been cancelled and the buyer gets a negative rep. But so the 6 hours are over long time and nothing happens. The support is dead, the customer doesnt react and the bitcoins are blocked.

What should i do?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:22:02 PM

What should i do?

So your counterparty is claiming to have sent you funds, but you are saying you haven't received them. 

Liberty Reserve has a way to confirm the funds were sent:

The sender can provide to you the transaction details:

- Date of Transfer
 - Source Account  (sender's)
 - Destination Account (yours)
 - Batch
 - Currency (e.g., USD)
 - Amount

Then enter those here:

- https://www.libertyreserve.com/en/services/search

Then there's no question as to whether or not the payment was sent.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 12:08:06 AM

I already checked the history because i only occassionally get a payment and there are all other payments but no payment from this person. And the person only clicked in bitcoin.de that he has paid, he doesnt speak with me. Maybe he wanted to fraud so that i accidentally click that i received the money?
The bad thing is that the support isnt speaking with me too. So i have the bitcoins frozen and cant change it because no one contacts me.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:21:10 AM

I already checked the history because i only occassionally get a payment and there are all other payments but no payment from this person. And the person only clicked in bitcoin.de that he has paid, he doesnt speak with me. Maybe he wanted to fraud so that i accidentally click that i received the money?
The bad thing is that the support isnt speaking with me too. So i have the bitcoins frozen and cant change it because no one contacts me.

You are missing the point.  That is not your account history, that is the link that anyone can use to verify the details which confirm that a payment was sent.  Thus the sender has the technical ability to prove that payment was sent.

So simply insist that the person provide the details showing the payment that ANYONE can use to verify that it was sent.    Without that, there's nothing else for you to do, right?  

So i have the bitcoins frozen and cant change it because no one contacts me.

Right now you aren't out any money, right?  (Other than that your coins are reserved into the escrow for the transaction.)

If support has to arbitrate, then that Liberty Reserve transaction verification will force the sender to prove payment, and the money was never sent then that will of course not happen.
 - https://www.libertyreserve.com/en/services/search

And you'll get access to those coins eventually.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 07:29:24 PM

I spoke about the liberty reserve history. Thats in my lr-account where i can see all payments going in or out. And there isnt his payment.

But finally the support took action. 25hours later. Ok, its not that bad. But the buyer circumvented the 6 hours after which, without a payment, the order would have been cancelled and the buyer would have gotten a bad review. By clicking on the button in bitcoin.de, claiming he has paid, he circumvented this.

The support now wrote him that he has to provide proof otherwise he gets a bad rating and transaction is cancelled. They say he has 18hours time now. 4 hours left now. So i think it will be closed finally. They want a screenshot but i hope they check it with the link you provided. So that he cant photoshop one.

So it looks like it takes 2 days until btc are freed when this thing happens.

But at least it looks like it will be solved now...Smiley

Thanks!
Sebastian

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 02:37:34 PM

So now after 28hours the support closed the case. Not after 18hours like stated. It looks like they didnt do it automatically, thought they could have done because the buyer didnt react.

So now the buyer has a negative rep and i got one positive at least.

Strange enough... the buyer has 20 ratings and still is bronze. But i dont see a way to check what ratings he got. Maybe its a blockingaccount? So that a competitor blocks btc from other sellers to sell his own?

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:35:57 AM

Seb:

Also in general, posting to the forum after 6 hours is not necessary. Sometimes operators of a site can take 24 hrs or more to respond. Show patience.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 11:47:46 AM

I posted because i wanted advice what i should do. If i should click cancel or do another thing. And if you guys think that the person wanted to scam me because he pretended that he has paid. Maybe he wanted to see if i click accidentally on payment received.

But now i know how it goes. I would prefer it goes faster or automatic but when its so...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: