Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:45:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Freedom Act To Kill Privacy?  (Read 561 times)
AaronCraig (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:05:58 AM

/qbqp33x]USA Freedom Act is no reason to celebrate?

Both privacy advocates and the NSA are celebrating the USA Freedom Act that passed the Senate on June 2.
The act legalized and simplified the collecting of phone metadata for the NSA. Meanwhile Skype continues to collect voice,
chat, video and other data, and deliver it to the Five Eyes international spy coalition.

“What no one wants to say out loud is that this is a big win for the NSA, and a huge nothing burger for the privacy community.”
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:39:33 AM

I love the way they use double speak as we see in 1984 Smiley Freedom act actually means no freedom act, the patriot act is the non patriot act, makes people feel that if they do not agree with these acts then they are actually not patriotic or do not support freedom.

STAyre

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:33:20 AM

I love the way they use double speak as we see in 1984 Smiley Freedom act actually means no freedom act, the patriot act is the non patriot act, makes people feel that if they do not agree with these acts then they are actually not patriotic or do not support freedom.

Come on, you should be free to speak what's on your mind.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 10:43:03 AM

/qbqp33x]USA Freedom Act is no reason to celebrate?

Both privacy advocates and the NSA are celebrating the USA Freedom Act that passed the Senate on June 2.
The act legalized and simplified the collecting of phone metadata for the NSA. Meanwhile Skype continues to collect voice,
chat, video and other data, and deliver it to the Five Eyes international spy coalition.

“What no one wants to say out loud is that this is a big win for the NSA, and a huge nothing burger for the privacy community.”

i was already thinking on change it, but now i will try to find a better way to communicate with my friends, for me is so sad that they did it, is a "stand back" for freedom and from my point of view thats not the correct way.

i hope more ppl do the same.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:04:04 PM

What ever the act is called it is the 100% opposite of that.

Clean water act = destroying water

Patriot act = Annihilation of patriosm

Freedom act = end of freedom(not that much was left)
cryptotipz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

The essential question is, who do you trust with your data? Private companies or the government? Technically, the private companies OWN your data, at least the ones you give them, and under the 4th amendment, you cannot do "general warrants." You must specifically target people then get a warrant for that individual, and only then can the gov. do a search.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:40:15 PM

What ever the act is called it is the 100% opposite of that.

Clean water act = destroying water

Patriot act = Annihilation of patriosm

Freedom act = end of freedom(not that much was left)
George Orwell was right about how the language would be used like this. But I think he would cry to know that we offer little resistance. Not because we are so oppressed, but because we are too wealthy, sated, and self absorbed.

Enjoy it while it lasts.  Cry

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:47:07 PM

Land of the free my ass.....

The problem is that it doesn't just stay in the U.S.
The NSA likes to snoop around everywhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: