Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MicroGuy's Altcoin Pick of the Week (Inside Scoop)  (Read 5274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:57:32 PM

i can agree on that.
More experienced traders can trade also not so liquid coins.

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:19:28 PM

Microguy, do appreciate your research for viable coins to invest/trade in.

From my time investigating and trading in alt coins, here is some wisdom I can forward to your readers:

-- try to trade in alt coins that have had fair distribution, i.e. no or little premine/instamine. Dont get caught on the losing end of pump and dump. Research the coins mining origins, read the coins announcement page, ask questions.

-- choose coins that have relatively high volume, that are actively traded. This is easy to do: just sort the coinmarketcap page by 24hr volume column. This is a much more valid criteria than the market cap, if you are looking to actively trade.

-- look at a coin's price chart for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year... does the coin show consistent up and down movement, rallies that were profitable within a reasonable time frame?  If so, you can trade on that coins historical data, because history repeats itself.

-- once you find coins with the above criteria, invest in them, looking for historical buy-in lows and wait and be patient. Wait for the coin to rise and take moderate profit. Don't be greedy, be happy with 10%, 20%, 30%...anything more is just greedy gravy.

-- repeat the trading with same or different alt coins

-- never keep coins in a trading exchange, keep them safe in your coin wallet.

-- while holding your profits to reinvest, try to save back to something non volatile...fiat, or if very short term, use bitcoin.

-- most importantly, never invest anything more than play money. You cannot emotionally be attached to trading funds, if you hope to profit.

Hope this helps some alt coin traders.  Smiley

H.

This post is golden. Really well written, thanks.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:07:57 PM

From my time investigating and trading in alt coins, here is some wisdom I can forward to your readers:

-- try to trade in alt coins that have had fair distribution, i.e. no or little premine/instamine. Dont get caught on the losing end of pump and dump. Research the coins mining origins, read the coins announcement page, ask questions.

-- choose coins that have relatively high volume, that are actively traded. This is easy to do: just sort the coinmarketcap page by 24hr volume column. This is a much more valid criteria than the market cap, if you are looking to actively trade.

-- look at a coin's price chart for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year... does the coin show consistent up and down movement, rallies that were profitable within a reasonable time frame?  If so, you can trade on that coins historical data, because history repeats itself.

-- once you find coins with the above criteria, invest in them, looking for historical buy-in lows and wait and be patient. Wait for the coin to rise and take moderate profit. Don't be greedy, be happy with 10%, 20%, 30%...anything more is just greedy gravy.

-- while holding your profits to reinvest, try to save back to something non volatile...fiat, or if very short term, use bitcoin.

-- most importantly, never invest anything more than play money. You cannot emotionally be attached to trading funds, if you hope to profit.

H.

Agreed, great tips! I actually printed it out. Smiley
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:38:05 PM

H.

Well thank you!

There is so much trolling and shilling for coins on all the forum threads, its frustrating just to get some common sense advice.

Nice to have someone like Microguy try to sort some of the coins out for us.

I have been thinking of creating an Alt Coin Newsletter like Microguy...free of course, and unbiased.  Will be hanging out here for now and see what other good info can be gleaned.
AmericanPsycho

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:00:23 AM

Things seem interesting so far.  I'll follow along here and see what happens with a few satoshi's.   Shocked
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:15:28 AM

I have a submission for this next week, and the next week, and the week thereafter. My bad, missed that it was "alt" coin of the week! Don't have an opinion on those.

Grin

Seriously, all around nice work MicroGuy!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:00:00 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 02:07:03 AM by MicroGuy

~~

Altcoin Pick of the Week for 7/05/2015

Altcoin = GoldCoin
Ticker = GLD
Price = 0.00001443 BTC

Website = http://www.gldcoin.com/

Basic Overview

(bonus: audio backing track for this post.)*

I had another coin selected for this week, but at the last minute decided that I would be remiss and derelict in my duty if I didn't award Goldcoin my Altcoin Pick of the Week. There's some very special news coming this week and this was my last opportunity to let thread readers in on the scoop.

Goldcoin's lead developer Akumaburn has been working day and night on a special project called "Golden River." Golden River is a brand new difficulty algorithm completely resistant to ASIC hashpower attacks and "strip mining". If all goes as planned, this update will be rolled out later this week.

Golden River development thread: >>> https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3156.msg14161#msg14161

When I browse the coinmarketcap contestants, I see dozens of lackluster clone coins ahead of this digital giant with a name that means "value" to billions. If this coin can attract a few new investors and become more team oriented, I feel this currency might reach the top ten before year's end.  

If you're seeking a coin with an outstanding name and dedicated developer, I can't think of a better choice at the moment. Therefore, I must award Goldcoin (GLD) my Altcoin Pick of the Week!

Be sure to check out my super spectacular Goldcoin 'Feature Story' tomorrow on AltcoinPress.com

~~

[-- Yet another disclaimer under construction --]
Bitcoininspace

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:10:08 AM

~~

Altcoin Pick of the Week for 7/05/2015

Altcoin = GoldCoin
Ticker = GLD

Website = http://www.gldcoin.com/

Basic Overview

(bonus: audio backing track for this post.)*

I had another coin selected for this week, but at the last minute decided that I would be remiss and derelict in my duty if I didn't award Goldcoin my Altcoin Pick of the Week. There's some very special news coming this week and this was my last opportunity to let my readers in on the scoop.

Goldcoin's lead developer Akumaburn has been working day and night on a special project called "Golden River." Golden River is a brand new difficulty algorithm completely resistant to ASIC hashpower attacks and "strip mining". If all goes as planned, this update will be rolled out later this week.

Golden River development thread: >>> https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3156.msg14161#msg14161

When I look at the coinmarketcap contestants, I see dozens of lack luster clone coins ahead of this digital giant with a name that means "value" to billions. If this coin can attract a few new investors and become more team oriented, I feel this currency might reach the top ten before year's end.  

If you're seeking a coin with an outstanding name and dedicated developer, I can't think of a better choice at the moment. Therefore, I must award Goldcoin (GLD) my Altcoin Pick of the Week!

Be sure to check out my super spectacular Goldcoin 'Feature Story' tomorrow on AltcoinPress.com

~~

[-- Yet another disclaimer under construction --]

Haha obviously Goldcoin then. Cheesy Thanks for the summary. Didn't even know about the Golden River feature. Let's see what happens in a week then. Smiley
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:48:03 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 02:04:19 AM by jeannemadrigal2

Golden river?  Should it not be a golden shower in stead?

Looks like an interesting pick, I might put some dust in to see what it will do!

Edit: So, I sent a little bit of coins to cryptsy, and then after I send I see a message saying that all things are on hold there, so this is a warning.  Good thing I only sent a little bit, I hope I dont lose it!
Bitcoininspace

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:24:37 AM

Golden river?  Should it not be a golden shower in stead?

Looks like an interesting pick, I might put some dust in to see what it will do!

Edit: So, I sent a little bit of coins to cryptsy, and then after I send I see a message saying that all things are on hold there, so this is a warning.  Good thing I only sent a little bit, I hope I dont lose it!

Haha holy shit. I was gonna do the same but I noticed only cryptsy sold them and then I remembered the last time I used it and was like, nah cba with that. Now this. Haha.

Anyone wanna sell me some goldcoins? Cheesy
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 12:42:40 AM

Goldcoin just passed Flappycoin in Marketcap. The World must be turning upside down! lol

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:53:01 AM

Goldcoin just passed Flappycoin in Marketcap. The World must be turning upside down! lol

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/

Yeah, looks liek a nice coin, but too bad it isn't on trex.  I might get some anyways to see what happens Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:08:55 AM

wow gldcoin might even get into the 10s of dollars volume  Roll Eyes
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 01:41:07 AM

wow gldcoin might even get into the 10s of dollars volume  Roll Eyes

With your support I believe that anything is possible. Cheesy

( .. notice new litecoin in avatar just for you!)
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 02:44:27 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 03:22:18 PM by MicroGuy

~~

Sunday Follow-up for the Week of 6/28/2015

Altcoin = GoldCoin
Ticker = GLD
Price = 0.00001691 BTC

[Sunday Recap]

We had another winning week this week with GLD moving up from 1443 Satoshis on Tuesday to 1691 Satoshis today. That's a nice gain of nearly 15% and four straight weeks of winners for all you altcoin investors following this thread.

And there are lot's of exciting milestones around the corner for Goldcoin including a series of South African Goldcoin Conferences, a brand new Java client, and the rolling out of the new Golden River™ difficulty algorithm. If you're looking to invest in a currency that will appeal to both consumers and investors alike, it's not too late to get on board. Don't let this become another coin where you look back one day and kick yourself for not investing early. This coin is a real contender.

Be sure to tune back in at the "same thread time, same thread channel" this Tuesday @ precisely 8:00PM (see thread OP for details), when I'll be releasing my FREE altcoin pick of the week for 7-12-15. Let's keep this perfect winning streak alive!

This week's pick promises to deliver my fifth straight week of unbroken winners!  Smiley

~~
Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:46:33 PM

who still hold gold?

i do  Cool

cjmining

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:46:42 PM

Can you release your coin info a little earlier. It is 1am here in UK, past my bedtime  Shocked , maybe 2 hours earlier would be good for everyone.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:25:21 AM

Just came across this thread, and will follow. Looking forward to this weeks upcoming pick.

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:40:51 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 01:53:29 AM by MicroGuy

Today's update from Goldcoin's (GLD) developer: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3156.msg14189#msg14189

Q&A Thread: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3157.0

One day people will reflect back on these days and ask themselves why they didn't buy more Goldcoin. Of all the coins on coinmarketcap.com, this is the most undervalued. Welcome to all the new thread subscribers and I'll see you guys on Tuesday!

----

FINAL UPDATE!

You guys have been so amazing! I would like to thank all of you for participating in my Pick of the Week experiment. I've decided to discontinue this project and dedicate my energy on helping to progress the efforts of the Goldcoin (GLD) community.

Best of luck to each of you, and may all your Bitcoin dreams turn to Gold! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: