Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for online wallet with API  (Read 1393 times)
kzim (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:58:11 PM

HI

I'm quite new in bitcoin world, therefore need some information about online wallets.

I would like to build something similar to satoshi dice, but would like to avoid hassle with storing wallet on my server. Ideal world to have something like online wallet with API.

My API requirements:

- create address per transaction, or at least create some pool of 1k addresses.
 - quick bitcoin sending, receiving
 - send me some confirmation about transaction

I've spent some time reading about coinbase and merchant etc, but looks like they have too much "bureaucracy" with invoice etc. In general i'm looking for something simpler:

1. User can send btc to wallet
2. Confirmation that user send this btc
3. Roll dice
4. Quickly payout from website to user.
5. Confirmation that user got btc.

This will be simple project. Nothing complex.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 02:17:20 PM

You can use blockchain.info's api, but it might not be entirely trustworthy. Blockchain.info has had some issues recently.

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:22:02 PM

you can always rent a VPS, install bitcoind and use rpc  to create you own "online" wallet with API

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/API_reference_(JSON-RPC)

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:25:53 PM

As knight said, I think blockchain.info is the API you're looking for.  Here's a link to the docs: https://blockchain.info/api

I also think that if I were you, before I started a project like this, I'd say it's worth it to understand bitcoin to the point that you don't find that running a node is a "hassle".  But that's just my 2 satoshi's.  (and are you sure the world needs another dice site?)  Best of luck!
fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:02:39 PM

Blocktrail might work!

Bitwasp Developer.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 04:28:18 PM

Hey,

BlockTrail has a Wallet API that supports HD Wallets (BIP32) which allows you to generate (near-)infinite amount of addresses without requiring to make new backups (you only backup the initial master seed when creating the wallet).

And when receiving coins into these addresses you can use a webhook to receive a POST to your server for new transactions and when the transactions get confirmed!

And ofcourse you can use it to send your received bitcoin ;-)

Also has a web UI to manage your wallet for things you want to do manually instead of automated through the API!

Go to www.blocktrail.com for more information

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
GWGoods

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:33:14 PM

BlockTrail without doubt. Really nice API.
btcspry

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:53:26 AM

HI

I'm quite new in bitcoin world, therefore need some information about online wallets.

I would like to build something similar to satoshi dice, but would like to avoid hassle with storing wallet on my server. Ideal world to have something like online wallet with API.

My API requirements:

- create address per transaction, or at least create some pool of 1k addresses.
 - quick bitcoin sending, receiving
 - send me some confirmation about transaction

I've spent some time reading about coinbase and merchant etc, but looks like they have too much "bureaucracy" with invoice etc. In general i'm looking for something simpler:

1. User can send btc to wallet
2. Confirmation that user send this btc
3. Roll dice
4. Quickly payout from website to user.
5. Confirmation that user got btc.

This will be simple project. Nothing complex.

Many people suggest blockchain.info (BCI), but they have a lot of issues.  I'd recommend either using Electrum (I know it's not what you're asking for, but it's hands down the best wallet out there), or using BlockCypher.com (because they have a great API with lots of features [and three coins: btc, ltc, doge]), or blockr.io
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:24:20 AM

Many people suggest blockchain.info (BCI), but they have a lot of issues.  I'd recommend either using Electrum (I know it's not what you're asking for, but it's hands down the best wallet out there), or using BlockCypher.com (because they have a great API with lots of features [and three coins: btc, ltc, doge]), or blockr.io

After reading the other posts I'd sat that block trail is actually what he wants.  He wants to be able to do an HD chain for unique addresses for each customer upon each deposit and I'm not sure that blockchain.info does that.  I haven't used Electrum so I don't know about it's api features.
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:16:01 PM

You can try the chain.com API. They provide a very robust API for generating wallets and processing payments.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 12:57:47 PM

After reading the other posts I'd sat that block trail is actually what he wants.  He wants to be able to do an HD chain for unique addresses for each customer upon each deposit and I'm not sure that blockchain.info does that.  I haven't used Electrum so I don't know about it's api features.

Exactly, if he is looking for an HD Wallet, best bet is www.BlockTrail.com.

I've reached out to OP for assistance with his project, if anyone else wants to create a project with BlockTrail's API, just reach out to me.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
Cearea11

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:52:48 PM

You can also try with GreenAddress. It's a very safe wallet with his 2-factor authentication and also has android/Ios app. GreenAddress is 100% online, here you can find api: http://api.greenaddress.it/
btcspry

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:30:17 PM

You can also try with GreenAddress. It's a very safe wallet with his 2-factor authentication and also has android/Ios app. GreenAddress is 100% online, here you can find api: http://api.greenaddress.it/

That is a very, very good point!  I'd check out GreenAddress for sure, I forgot about it during my post.
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:40:16 PM

Blockchain, is one of the most popular wallets and it also provides an amazing API!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: