Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sex behind bars. Conjugal Visits. Good or Bad?  (Read 4108 times)
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 11:21:14 AM

If he is not fit to be released in to the society, then he should be locked up until he becomes one. And why prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment are released after 15 years? They should be there for life. Take the case of Anders Behring Breivik. He will be released from prison in less than 10 years time, despite killing 77 people in cold blood.

You are 100% right... I didn't vote for the politicians that wanted to go soft on crime, but apparently most of my fellow inhabitants did, hence they are releasing monsters in our society.

Contrast this with DPR aka Ross Ulbrect, whose charged crimes were limited to drug related crimes and money laundering.  He gets two life sentences without parole.  

On sex behind bars being good or bad.   I cannot say.  I have never tried it.  Cheesy

sdp

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:20:34 PM

Emotionally I'd say no. There should be blood, tears, mouldy bread and water only, hard labour and suffering. If they raping each other that's part of their punishment. Logically I'd say yes, as theoretically they are there for improving their moral state, and raping or getting raped not good for that.
moneyflow

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:25:37 PM

You guys are talking like every other jail offers such facility. Here, read this:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/02/11/conjugal-visits

Although conjugal, or “extended,” visits play a huge role in prison lore, in reality, very few inmates have access to them. Twenty years ago, 17 states offered these programs. Today, just four do: California, Connecticut, New York, and Washington. No federal prison offers extended, private visitation.Last April, New Mexico became the latest state to cancel conjugal visits for prisoners after a local television station revealed that a convicted killer, Michael Guzman, had fathered four children with several different wives while in prison. Mississippi had made a similar decision in January 2014.
moneyflow

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:26:25 PM

If he is not fit to be released in to the society, then he should be locked up until he becomes one. And why prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment are released after 15 years? They should be there for life. Take the case of Anders Behring Breivik. He will be released from prison in less than 10 years time, despite killing 77 people in cold blood.

You are 100% right... I didn't vote for the politicians that wanted to go soft on crime, but apparently most of my fellow inhabitants did, hence they are releasing monsters in our society.

Contrast this with DPR aka Ross Ulbrect, whose charged crimes were limited to drug related crimes and money laundering.  He gets two life sentences without parole.  

On sex behind bars being good or bad.   I cannot say.  I have never tried it.  Cheesy

sdp

Conjugal visits are not just about sex. In fact, they are officially called “family visits,” and kids are allowed to stay overnight, too. In Connecticut, a spouse or partner can’t come alone: the child of the inmate must be present. In Washington, two related inmates at the same facility, such as siblings or a father and son, are allowed to arrange a joint visit with family members from the outside. Only about a third of extended visits in the state take place between spouses alone.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:38:02 PM

Conjugal visits are not just about sex. In fact, they are officially called “family visits,” and kids are allowed to stay overnight, too. In Connecticut, a spouse or partner can’t come alone: the child of the inmate must be present. In Washington, two related inmates at the same facility, such as siblings or a father and son, are allowed to arrange a joint visit with family members from the outside. Only about a third of extended visits in the state take place between spouses alone.

If I'd want to be cynical I'd say in many cases the children of inmates going to be inmates themselves too in a few years, so it's beneficial if they get used to the jail quite early.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:39:45 PM

Atleast Anders Behring Breivik needs to send some time behind the jail... unlike people such as OJ Simpson and Oscar Pistorious, who were virtually let off. Oscar will be serving less than 10 months for murdering his girlfriend! And regarding Ross Ullbricht, he became the victim of the banker cartel. The judge (who happens to be a bisexual radical feminist with links to prominent bankers) gave him a sentence which was greater than the one which was demanded by the prosecution.  
elusive1

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:12:59 PM

With the Libertarian nature of this board, I am sure almost everyone here agrees that only violent people should be incarcerated.  Your not cynical, I would imagine these offspring and prime candidates to follow in their dads footsteps.

Federal prisons seems to have under 20% violent inmates, with drug offenses comprising of 48%
http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

In 2012, the last year listed, for state and county inmates those with violent offenses are at 47.7%
http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004339

Of course some people pled down to non-violent offenses, but is still amazing in a revolting way.

smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:29:08 PM

studies support sexual gratification theory by showing that states permitting conjugal visitation have significantly fewer instances of reported rape and other sexual offenses in their prisons.
shogdite (OP)

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:54:21 PM

OK. Let's go a step further. We should allow the prisoners to bring in commercial sex workers, in case they don't have any girlfriends.  Grin These people are in prison to serve their sentence. They are not there to enjoy sex. Conjugal Visits can be allowed to people who are in for smaller charges, such as the possession of weed. But I oppose granting such privileges to the rapists and murderers.

Can you imagine that. A room in the prison for inmates to search craigslist to order up a hoe for their once a month bang.

LMAO.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
elusive1

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:56:33 PM

I guess the question is do you want revenge or do you want to make them more likely to function when the 85% of them get out eventually.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:56:36 PM

Conjugal visits? I see inequality here as few inmates are married. Then, how often? 3 times a week? If one day, the guy is tired, can his friend, the guy sleeping in the bed next to him, do it? Can the wife ask some financial compensation if the guy isn't her husband? And what about the prisoners who aren't married, the government should pay a hooker to satisfy their sexual needs, right?

If jails turn into brothels, men will commit crimes to get there.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 12:59:26 AM

Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

So why let criminals have sex in prison?

Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not?

What do you guys think?
Prolonged denial of sexual activity is cruel and unusual punishment (torture) for any sexually active adult primate. Furthermore, sexual activity makes primates less prone to violence. If nothing else for the safety of the guards orgasms should be allowed and encouraged.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:53:55 AM

Prolonged denial of sexual activity is cruel and unusual punishment (torture) for any sexually active adult primate. Furthermore, sexual activity makes primates less prone to violence. If nothing else for the safety of the guards orgasms should be allowed and encouraged.

If the criminals turn violent without sexual activity, then they should be castrated, or treated with drugs which can reduce the testosterone levels. These people are imprisoned for committing heinous crimes such as rapes, murders and armed robbery. They can't demand that the prison authorities should bring them sex-workers to satisfy their lust.
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:35:13 AM

Depends on their crime in my opinion. If they are in jail for battery,domestic,diddling or anything against kids the answer should be "No"!

What if they are a drug dealer? Where does the line get drawn?

i don't think you can morally justify conjugal visits, a punishment is a punishment, you can argue that severity of a crime may call for different levels of leniency but conjugal visits are taking it a bit too far.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 12:53:37 PM

If the criminals turn violent without sexual activity, then they should be castrated, or treated with drugs which can reduce the testosterone levels.
This is called torture, AKA cruel and unusual punishment. This is explicitly forbidden by the 8th amendment to the U.S. constitution, my fascism-loving friend.

These people are imprisoned for committing heinous crimes such as rapes, murders and armed robbery. They can't demand that the prison authorities should bring them sex-workers to satisfy their lust.
IF ONLY everyone in jail was a violent criminal. Reality is that the majority (74%) of the US prison population are in there for non-violent offenses.

Sex Offenses                     - 7%
Weapons, Explosives, Arson - 16%
Homicide, Aggravated Assault - 2.9%

26% there's your violent offenders

and all the rest are non-violent, including
Drug Offenses - 48.5%

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:02:47 PM

IF ONLY everyone in jail was a violent criminal. Reality is that the majority (74%) of the US prison population are in there for non-violent offenses.

Sex Offenses                     - 7%
Weapons, Explosives, Arson - 16%
Homicide, Aggravated Assault - 2.9%

26% there's your violent offenders

and all the rest are non-violent, including
Drug Offenses - 48.5%

I was referring only to violent criminals, who make up 26% of the prison population. I don't think that anyone caught for smoking weed, should be jailed for 4 or 5 years. It is retarded to jail someone for drug offences. I don't have any issue with granting the right of conjugal visits for people jailed on offences such as tax evasion as well.
elusive1

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:12:07 PM

For every guy in jail, I always think if I would mind him living next door in regards to whether he should be locked up
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:40:59 PM

NO ... NO... NO

Why should they get t have sex and have their lovers come to see them for some bed shaking.
It's not fair. A murderer killed my best friend, he has no right to procreate, have fun or even hug anyone he loves let alone make love to them
In my state we don't have conjugals but others do. They should all stop it right now. If it was up to me I would cancel their visits and phone calls too.
Lockem up and throw away that key.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 09:43:46 PM

OK. Let's go a step further. We should allow the prisoners to bring in commercial sex workers, in case they don't have any girlfriends.  Grin These people are in prison to serve their sentence. They are not there to enjoy sex. Conjugal Visits can be allowed to people who are in for smaller charges, such as the possession of weed. But I oppose granting such privileges to the rapists and murderers.

I don't think they even put people in jail more than a night for weed in most places unless it's a very large amount.  If someone can't handle getting laid for a night or two they need some sort of sex addict therapy.

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:55:00 PM

seems like a reasonable incentive to get prisoners to be on their best behaviour. I'm not sure how many conjugal visits prisoners ere allowed but i dont think they get them often.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: