Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin on Amazon Mechanical Turk  (Read 2398 times)
Waschtel (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:20:02 PM

Hi!
Just wanted to inform everyone that I have test-launched a "hit" in "mechanical turk" which will pay dollars for a bitcoin.

For those who don't know what mechanical turk is:

It's an amazon web-service that allows requesters to offer tasks (called 'hits') to workers for a fee. The task can be anything - classifying images, writing essays, normalizing data - or sending bitcoins!

Payment by the requester happens when the requester approves the worker's submitted task. I will approve the task if I receive a bitcoin, and the worker account will be credited with 7 dollars. (I know, I'm being cheap).

So if anyone is interested, head over, get a worker account at www.mturk.com, search hits by "Bitcoin", send me a bitcoin, and receive payment. All through amazon!

Greetings,

Waschtel.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dubbz82

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 01:00:22 AM

this is a rather interesting idea...i've known about mechanical turk for a while, but this is a good way to get your bitcoins converted directly into amazon.com credit....
rizzn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 10:17:45 PM

Hi!
Just wanted to inform everyone that I have test-launched a "hit" in "mechanical turk" which will pay dollars for a bitcoin.

For those who don't know what mechanical turk is:

It's an amazon web-service that allows requesters to offer tasks (called 'hits') to workers for a fee. The task can be anything - classifying images, writing essays, normalizing data - or sending bitcoins!

Payment by the requester happens when the requester approves the worker's submitted task. I will approve the task if I receive a bitcoin, and the worker account will be credited with 7 dollars. (I know, I'm being cheap).

So if anyone is interested, head over, get a worker account at www.mturk.com, search hits by "Bitcoin", send me a bitcoin, and receive payment. All through amazon!

Greetings,

Waschtel.

I'm guessing this didn't work out?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: