Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 03:53:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost coins...  (Read 1067 times)
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 12:30:11 AM

Anyway I'm at a loss. Any cool ideas I'll try them out for the benefit of the electrum community.

Well, if you think you may have made a mistake in recording your seed, you can give seedrecover a try (it's part of btcrecover): https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/docs/Seedrecover_Quick_Start_Guide.md#seedrecoverpy

It's an open source seed recovery tool; it requires that you have a good estimate of what your seed is, and also that you know either your master public key, or an address generated from your wallet (preferably one that was generated shortly after your wallet's creation).
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:25:11 PM

Anyway I'm at a loss. Any cool ideas I'll try them out for the benefit of the electrum community.

Share the seed with someone trustworthy and see if they can recover the funds.  Up to you if you tip them for recovery...

Of course, there would be a tip for that!
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:25:44 PM

Well, if you think you may have made a mistake in recording your seed, you can give seedrecover a try (it's part of btcrecover): https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/docs/Seedrecover_Quick_Start_Guide.md#seedrecoverpy

It's an open source seed recovery tool; it requires that you have a good estimate of what your seed is, and also that you know either your master public key, or an address generated from your wallet (preferably one that was generated shortly after your wallet's creation).

OK, will give this a bash and see how it goes. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: