Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Operators - PLEASE BAN & BLOCK GPUMAX getwork/proxy access to your pool  (Read 13575 times)
DonShrents (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:01:06 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 06:14:01 AM by DonShrents

In light of recent events, I would plead to all Pool Operators to Ban and/or Block access to your Mining Pools from the GPUMAX proxy getwork system.

Please show the community at large, that you as a Pool Op will not support a user such as Trendon Shavers (pirateat40) who is responsible for defrauding the community in a theft of Bitcoins worth anywhere from 1 million to 5 million (as claimed by pirate himself) US Dollars.

Trendon has claimed to have the community's 500,000 Bitcoins at his disposal from the failed Bitcoin Savings & Trust fiasco, so please help the community to take a stand.

It seems as though even with the dissapearance of Trendon and the closing and default of Bitcoin Savings & Trust, GPUMAX has been able to continue operating as if nothing had happened. Please help stop it now.

Thank you for your time.

~DonShrents

Addition:

As many users simply refuse to stop using GPUMAX, forcing them to stop, with the lack of steady passthrough work would seal the deal.
On top of this, with GPUMAX being blocked, purchases from this company wouldn't have anywhere to go but a private money laundering pool of GPUMAX's choosing, to mint fresh coins for it's operators. At this point, it's intentions would be clear and not open to further debate, as no pools would accept either public passthrough work or private purchased work from clients.

Thank you again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:06:35 AM

In light of recent events, I would plead to all Pool Operators to Ban and/or Block access to your Mining Pools from the GPUMAX proxy getwork system.

Please show the community at large, that you as a Pool Op will not support a user such as Trendon Shavers (pirateat40) who is responsible for defrauding the community in a theft of Bitcoins worth anywhere from 1 million to 5 million (as claimed by pirate himself) US Dollars.

Trendon has claimed to have the community's 500,000 Bitcoins at his disposal from the failed Bitcoin Savings & Trust fiasco, so please help the community to take a stand.

It seems as though even with the dissapearance of Trendon and the closing and default of Bitcoin Savings & Trust, GPUMAX has been able to continue operating as if nothing had happened. Please help stop it now.

Thank you for your time.

~DonShrents

+1

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:08:46 AM

this is a great idea.

+1
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:18:46 AM

+1

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 06:19:34 AM

well no-one leases GPUMAX shares on my pool anymore, so this would effectively block miners that mine on Ozcoin through GPUMAX when not leasing - not sure who that helps Smiley
zuxor does most of the GPUMAX work
Payouts from GPUMAX to miners that choose to take the risk continue - that is those miners choice.

I don't have a horse in this race, but just say Pirate was planning to pay back - would cutting off an income stream help or hinder this?

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
DonShrents (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:22:33 AM

well no-one leases GPUMAX shares on my pool anymore, so this would effectively block miners that mine on Ozcoin through GPUMAX when not leasing - not sure who that helps Smiley
zuxor does most of the GPUMAX work
Payouts from GPUMAX to miners that choose to take the risk continue - that is those miners choice.

I don't have a horse in this race, but just say Pirate was planning to pay back - would cutting off an income stream help or hinder this?

With zero communication to the contrary, we have only the pool operators to help the rest of the community make a stand until his silence is broken and his master plan is revealed.

I would hope that everyone sees this as an opportunity to make a stand and show those who might do wrong to the community, that the community can fight back and call it's own shots.

Please show your support.
DonShrents (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:27:54 AM

Allowing GPUMAX passthrough work keeps miners connected to GPUMAX and gives that hashing power to Trendon/Pirate to do with as he choses at any point he sees fit.

By blocking passthrough work, miners will be forced to connect to their chosen pools directly, leaving the GPUMAX system behind and taking that power away from those that would do what they chose with it, such as money laundering etc.

Please consider this, all Pool Ops, please. Help miners reclaim their power, as well as your own as TRUSTED POOL OPERATORS.

thank you.

~DonShrents
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 06:55:45 AM

so
let me get this straight
a bunch of people invested money they couldn't afford to lose in a "too good to be true scheme" - against the advice of many of the smarter "community" members
the scheme went bad
people lost money (unexpected???)
Now without any legal justification you are asking pool operators to block a Bitcoin business that has done nothing wrong apart from paying miners a few days late a couple of times and being associated with this Pirate fellow.
Some interesting allegations/conspiracy theories don't make fact.

"Help miners reclaim their power"
Sorry? I help miners reclaim their power by blocking them from my pool? - how about miners are adults and can make their own choices? they have the power to choose, how is forcing a choice on them..huh what???
many miners have already used the power they have and moved from GPUMAX, just as they do with any pool or other mining operation they don't feel comfortable with.

Are you saying any pool operators that don't block gpumax are untrusted? if so by who? you?

Pools are not the "Bitcoin police"

I am truly sorry that people have lost money in Pirates venture, I really don't see blocking GPUMAX will help fix that.
best wishes
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:59:40 AM

so
let me get this straight
a bunch of people invested money they couldn't afford to lose in a "too good to be true scheme" - against the advice of many of the smarter "community" members
the scheme went bad
Now without any legal justification you are asking pool operators to block a Bitcoin business that has done nothing wrong apart from paying miners a few days late a couple of times and being associated with this Pirate fellow.

Sorry? I help miners reclaim their power by blocking them from my pool? - how about miners are adults and can make their own choices? they have the power to choose, how is forcing a choice on them..huh what???
many miners have already used the power they have and moved from GPUMAX, just as they do with any pool or other mining operation they don't feel comfortable with.

Are you saying any pool operators that don't block gpumax are untrusted? if so by who? you?

I am truly sorry that people have lost money in Pirates venture, I really don't see blocking GPUMAX will help fix that.
best wishes
Graet

The goal is to raise awareness, and possibly create a list of GPUMAX-free pools that people should prefer since they do not have known scammers in control of the coins at any time.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ShadowAlexey
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:01:03 AM

Em, this service was brought and presented by pirate. And until it stays so, why not.
This service used money from BS&T to pay to its customers. So it`s not just fellow of pirate, they have shared financial interest.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 07:48:12 AM

so
let me get this straight
the scheme went bad

best wishes
Graet

The goal is to raise awareness, and possibly create a list of GPUMAX-free pools that people should prefer since they do not have known scammers in control of the coins at any time.
the logic in this thread confuses me, pirate has nothing to do with my pool nor control over any of my pools coins.
some miners mine on my pool through gpumax and get paid by my pool, when people run leases on my pool they make a user account and get paid for those shares by my pool to the wallet they nominate .
GPUMAX pays miners for leased shares - nothing to do with the pool
tell me what scammer has control of coins on my pool please!!!!

please please I beg of you all do some research into how stuff works before making up imaginary scenarios and inflaming even further the level of crap around this situation

raise awareness? It is a bit hard to miss...

totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:02:00 AM

so
let me get this straight
the scheme went bad

best wishes
Graet

the logic in this thread confuses me, pirate has nothing to do with my pool nor control over any of my pools coins.
some miners mine on my pool through gpumax and get paid by my pool, when people run leases on my pool they make a user account and get paid for those shares by my pool to the wallet they nominate .
GPUMAX pays miners for leased shares - nothing to do with the pool
tell me what scammer has control of coins on my pool please!!!!

please please I beg of you all do some research into how stuff works before making up imaginary scenarios and inflaming even further the level of crap around this situation

raise awareness? It is a bit hard to miss...

Obviously there would be no real risk unless a very large percentage of the pool was using GPUMAX, which is unlikely.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:12:52 AM

Obviously there would be no real risk unless a very large percentage of the pool was using GPUMAX, which is unlikely.

Risk of what?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:22:45 AM

Risk of what?

risk of GPUMAX operators having control over your hashing power...

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:31:31 AM

Risk of what?

organofcorti doesn't mine
risk of what?
please re-read the second line of my last post
thank you Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:48:29 AM

Risk of what?

risk of what?
thank you Smiley

I still don't understand where the risk is.Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't see how a proxy pool can affect anything other than a pool's hashrate (and probably the number of stales submitted). What am I missing, Graet?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 09:00:26 AM

Risk of what?

risk of what?
thank you Smiley

I still don't understand where the risk is.Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't see how a proxy pool can affect anything other than a pool's hashrate (and probably the number of stales submitted). What am I missing, Graet?
the same thing I am I think Smiley
I really don't follow the logic of most of this thread

I see people are angry at Pirate, I don't see how banning GPUMAX from my pool will help anything, and stuff about scammers having control of pool funds are just baseless accusations aimed at innocent pool operators to try increase the level of hysteria

Please keep the Pools subforum to verifiable facts guys, there are plenty of places in these forums to speculate on all sorts of stuff Smiley

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:25:48 AM

Risk of what?

risk of what?
thank you Smiley

the same thing I am I think Smiley
I really don't follow the logic of most of this thread

I see people are angry at Pirate, I don't see how banning GPUMAX from my pool will help anything, and stuff about scammers having control of pool funds are just baseless accusations aimed at innocent pool operators to try increase the level of hysteria

Please keep the Pools subforum to verifiable facts guys, there are plenty of places in these forums to speculate on all sorts of stuff Smiley

Reasoning:

1. Pirate controls GPUMAX
2. Pirate profits from GPUMAX
3. People are mad at Pirate
4. People don't want Pirate to profit from anything
5. People ask pool-operators to ban GPUMAX so Pirate has nowhere to direct it's hashes
6. Pirate does not profit anymore

My 3 bitcoins worth of Psych 1-0-1
Puppet
Legendary

Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:55:25 AM

I dont think its up to pool ops to take position on this. What if Pirate had a mining operation, should pool ops ban him? What if pirate buys hashrate from gigavps, should pools ban giga?

Miners can vote with their feet and stop using gpumax (at current prices, its no big loss), but I think its unreasonable to demand pool ops to do this.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:13:30 PM

I dont think its up to pool ops to take position on this. What if Pirate had a mining operation, should pool ops ban him? What if pirate buys hashrate from gigavps, should pools ban giga?

Miners can vote with their feet and stop using gpumax (at current prices, its no big loss), but I think its unreasonable to demand pool ops to do this.

Its all about the BCST accounting as it shared, shares wallets with GPUmax. It should be eliminated as long as the trails of the loot are not obvious.

Its in the interest of the means to a fair judgement communitywise , when the die is cast.

My two coins

Zyk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: